Are you still confused about the break large PST file? don’t worry. You are not alone. You may understand that some methods and applications may not work for you. Now let’s get straight to the solution part without further delay.
Break or Divide Oversized PST Files Related to User Scenarios
I’ve been using the same PST file with Outlook for a long time and it’s gotten quite large. However, to improve performance, I’m considering splitting my PST file into smaller parts. So is there a solution to break PST by date, year, folder, size and email id? If so , please tell me some solutions as soon as possible. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Why Do Users Need to Break Large PST File?
There are many reasons to corrupt Outlook PST files. Hence, some common reasons are mentioned below. See:
- Microsoft Outlook speed and performance may slow down due to large PST files. In addition, it creates some problems when the user tries to run the Outlook application.
- If the PST file is running out of space or has limited storage space. Then users cannot save their component data in a folder in Outlook as a PST file.
- Once a large PST file exceeds the allowed limit, it can corrupt all Outlook mailbox data and make it inaccessible to others.
How to Break Oversize PST File into Smaller Size
In this post, you will find manual and automatic methods to divide a large PST file into smaller parts. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
Method 1: Divide Outlook PST Using Import and Export Options
The latest version of Outlook offers Import and export options as the ultimate solution for splitting large PST files document. Just follow the steps below to break large PST file into multiple PST files.
- Open Microsoft Outlook On your System
- Navigate to the File tab, click Account Settings, and then click Account Settings again from the drop-down menu
- A window will appear on the screen. Switch to the Data File button and press the Add option
- Another dialog box will open on the screen. Choose to create or open an Outlook data file. Name your PST file and choose where you want to save the file
- Click the OK button and close the Account Settings screen
- Open File again and click Open, then Import
- An import and export wizard will open on the screen. From there, you need to select the export option and click on the Next button
- Click on the PST file and select Next. Select the folder to export from the Expand Folder window, then select a specific item or subfolder. Then click Next
- Browse to the destination location to save the new PST file and name it.
- Finally, click Done.
- After that a new dialog box will appear on your screen. If necessary, you can create a password for the PST file. Otherwise, select Cancel. Now the PST file has been created in the desired location. You can open and view it on the Outlook platform.
Method 2 – Break Large PST File Using Archive Option
Archive options available in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007 only. So if you use one of them, then The listed steps can be easily followed and the large PST is divided into some parts
- Open Microsoft Outlook. Select the PST file and export all email items
- Go to the Archive tab and select the Archive option
- In the onscreen dialog box, choose the Archive this folder and all subfolders check the box
- Select the desired folder to export from the list. You can also select the Archive items older than the option to move calendar items
- Select where you want to save the file by clicking the Browse option
- Create a new PST file in the desired location.
Hint: You can move multiple emails or other mailbox items to another empty folder help for the “Move to folder” option. This will free up the original space. PST file, create a smaller PST file and save it to avoid damage.
Method 3: Divide PST File With “Move to Folder” Option
The move to folder option is widely used divide PST file into a small PST file. This option applies to All versions of Outlook. Just follow the steps listed below and separate Large PST file.
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Go to File Options >> New >> Outlook Data File
- New Outlook Data PST File dialog box appears
- Press the PST file and hit the OK button
- A new window box for creating a Microsoft personal folder will appear on the screen
- You must enter a name for the PST file
- Select the folder where this PST file can be exported. From here, you can choose multiple folders
- From the Edit menu, select Go to Folder
- The Move New Project dialog will appear on the screen. Select the New button
- The Create New Folder dialog will open. Enter a name for this folder
- In the Choose where to place folder option, select the new Outlook PST file and select OK
- Select the new folder in the new PST file in the move project, then select OK.
What if the Manual Solution Fails?
The solution for manually splitting PST file is a time consuming process. As mentioned above, skipping any step can result in a lot of data loss and it will be very difficult to recover it. In addition, it is difficult for non-technical users to perform account setup tasks. In addition, users can overcome all obstacles by using automated solutions that provide 100% accurate and accurate results.
Automatic Solution to Break Large PST File into Multiple Smaller Segments
The manual solution is tedious and time consuming to perform separate PST tasks. Also, to use it, Outlook must be installed on the system. If you can’t find a manual solution that works for you, use Outlook PST splitter Tool to quickly break the Outlook PST file into smaller parts. This method is risk-free and can be easily handled by users without technical experience.
The free download of the demo version of the software will allow its users to share the first 50 items. In order to successfully perform an unlimited process, the user must first activate it by purchasing the appropriate license.
How Does Professional Software Break Outlook PST Files in a 5 Steps?
The overall work of this toolset is very easy and efficient in terms of speed and accuracy. Just follow these simple steps to understand it better:
- Download the Software and Install it on your Machine
- Add PST file / folder and browse to the desired destination path
- Then select the required split options (split by size, folder, date, year, email ID, and category)
- Review the summary of the Split information and click Next to continue
- Finally, complete the process of splitting the PST file.
We have described all possible ways to break large PST file See above. However, there are some limitations to manual solutions that can be overcome by using smart tools. In addition, our technical support team is always ready to help with all technical issues.