To connect a bank account with QuickBooks Online, users require a stable Internet connection. A Faulty internet connection leads to QuickBooks bank connection issues. Being unable to connect with the bank affects the financial activities of businesses. The error restricts the user from downloading and importing bank transactions. On the occurrence of this error, the user gets a message, “We are fixing our connection to this bank as quickly as possible Try connecting again tomorrow.” If you are also facing bank connection issues in QuickBooks, implement the troubleshooting solutions given below and resolve the error permanently.
Tired of dealing with QuickBooks Bank Connection Issues Connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for help by dialing our toll-free number
Reasons why QuickBooks not syncing with the bank
Following are the possible causes behind the bank connection error:
- The financial institution is performing system maintenance.
- Some notifications on your financial institutions’ website went unseen.
- Using outdated Microsoft components like .NET Framework.
- The Windows you are using can’t run Java, Flash, and .NET Framework.
- Internet Explorer settings in the place are connectivity issues.
By now, hope you understood what prompts the error. So, go through the troubleshooting solutions given below and resolve the error permanently.
You may read also : QuickBooks Company File Not Found
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks won’t connect to bank error
Down below are the most reliable troubleshooting solutions to fix this bank connection error:
Solution 1. Connect your bank account to QuickBooks using the bank’s website URL
- In QuickBooks, select Banking from the left menu and click Add account.
- Move to your bank’s website screen, copy the URL and paste it into the Enter your bank name or URL search box.
- Click the bank emblem, enter the User ID and Password manually for the bank website and click Continue.
- Finish the security verification process, click Connect, and scroll the drop-down menu to choose your bank account.
- At the end, click the Connect button.
Solution 2. Update your bank account manually
- Open QuickBooks, move to Bookkeeping, and choose Transactions.
- Choose Banking and click Update.
- Enter the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) when asked and then click Continue.
Solution 3. Clear cache from web browser you use
If you use Firefox:
- Select the menu button and choose Settings.
- Go to the Privacy & Security panel and then to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Click Clear Data and clear the checkmark of Cookies and Site Data.
If you use Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome on your PC Click the More button at the top right corner and then select More Tools.
- Select Clear Browsing Data and choose a time range.
- If you want to clear all the cache and data, click All time.
- Mar the checkboxes for ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files.’
- At the end, click Clear Data.
To clear browsing history in Safari browser for Mac:
- On our Mac, open the Safari app and select History.
- Click Clear History and then select the pop-up menu.
- Select the range you want your browsing history to be cleared.
To clear cache from Microsoft Edge:
- In Microsoft Edge, choose Settings and more, then click Settings.
- Choose Privacy, then search and services.
- From the Clear browsing data section, click Choose what to clear.
- Scroll the drop-down menu and choose a Time range.
- Select the type of data you want to clear and click Clear now.
For Google Chrome users:
- Open Google Chrome and click the More button at the top-right corners.
- Click Settings, then Privacy and security, and then Site settings.
- Under the Content section, click Cookies and site data.
- Click see all cookies and site data, then type ‘Intuit’ in the search bar to search Intuit cookies.
- Click the Remove all shown button or the trash can icon.
- Finally, restart Google Chrome.
For Mozilla Firefox users:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click Firefox beside the apple icon, and choose Preferences.
- Click Privacy & Security, go to the Cookies and Site Data section, then choose Manage Data.
- Within the search bar, type Intuit and hit Enter to find Intuit cookies in the firefox.
- Choose Remove All Shown, click Save Changes, and restart Mozilla Firefox.
For Safari users:
- In Safari, click Safari beside the apple icon and choose Preferences.
- Click Privacy, then Manage Website Data, and type Intuit in the search bar.
- Click Remove All, then Remove Now and select Done.
- Finally, restart Safari.
Solution 5. Reset Internet Connection settings
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and select the Help menu.
- Click the Use my Computer’s Internet Connection settings, then Next.
- Click Finish to bring the changes to effect and then update bank feeds.
Solution 6. Turn on TLS 1.2 and reset settings for encrypted pages
- Click the Advanced tab and select the TLS 1.2 checkbox if not selected.
- Next, clear the checkbox for Do not save encrypted pages to the disk and then click Apply.
Solution 7. Restore QuickBooks account connectivity
- Open the Online Banking page and include all pending transactions for all Chase accounts.
- Click the pencil icon and disconnect the account in QuickBooks.
- Select Edit account info, head to the Account window, and mark the checkbox next to Disconnect this account on the save.
- Click Save and Close, go to the Banking window, and click Link Account.
- From the available card, click Chase and finish the account access process.
- Select the active account to add and assign accounts in QBO.
Solution 8. Re-entitle the connection between QuickBooks and the financial institution
- Go to the Banking page, select the bank account displaying bank error and click the link saying, “Sign in to [Bank Name].
- Enter log in details, click All Accounts required to connect to any QuickBooks Company.
- Click Update to ensure transactions download into account.
In this article, we have provided the most effective troubleshooting solutions to fix QuickBooks bank connection issues. If none of the above-listed solutions work, contact the QuickBooks technical support team for assistance by calling us on our toll-free number Number.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 176109