As the world is becoming fancier and fast, people often want everything to be done quickly. They even want to tone their bodies as quickly as they can even at the cost of their health. Some resort to hardcore gym sessions for longer durations while others just go on fasts and unhealthy dieting techniques. Some, who do the right amount of gym workouts end up gaining more weight when they stop going to the gyms suddenly. But there is a great way to save yourself from all this! It’s Yoga!
Being practiced in our country for a long time, the multiple Yoga asanas have been based on a very subtle science that assists your body and your mind to come into harmony. Yoga has also been a very useful method when it comes to weight management. It may take some time to see the actual results on your body. However, once you start practicing it, you will be able to see the utmost improvement in your mental and physical status. Your mind will not only calm down but also help you heal the health problems that you have.
Let us have a look at the multiple yoga asanas that you can perform to tone up your body:
1. Dhanurasana or Bow Pose
Dhanurasana is one of the poses that are quite beneficial in reducing your belly fat and the fat that is being stored around your waist. Popularly known as “Bow Pose”, this yoga asana helps you in toning your abdomen area. Apart from this, the calorie-burning procedure is boosted once you start performing this pose.
Begin doing this yoga asana with these simple steps:
- Lie down keeping your stomach below.
- Your hips and feet have to be kept apart. Keep your arms beside your sides.
- Knees have to be bent now.
- Bring your heel up to your buttocks.
- With your hands, grasp the ankles of both legs.
- Inhale your breath. Now, your chest and legs have to be lifted off the surface.
- Maintain a straight face and pull your legs as far as you can.
- You need to tighten your body like a bow.
- Halt for 4-5 breaths or around 20 seconds before returning to the initial position.
Make sure that if you are undergoing certain health issues such as blood pressure, migraine, or insomnia, practicing this pose should be avoided.
2. Trikonasana or Triangle Pose
When searching for a yoga pose that can assist you in removing the fat that is packed around your belly as well as the waist, doing Trikonasana can be beneficial. Also named the “Triangle Pose”, this asana has shown results in improving your digestive system. Practicing it regularly can even reduce your anxiety, stress, and even back pain. People having neck injuries are strictly advised not to perform the triangle pose.
To perform the triangle pose or Trikonasana, you need to follow the below-mentioned procedure:
- Stand up straight on the floor with your legs 3 feet off from each other.
- Breathe and raise both hands side to side to bring them in the same line with your shoulders.
- Ensure that your hands are parallel to the ground, with your palms facing down.
- Release your breath and bend to the right with your torso.
- Depending upon your hips, bring your right hand down. Using the right hand, your right foot has to be touched.
- Raise your left hand to the ceiling and look up.
- Maintain this position for about 10-20 seconds before going back to the beginning point. Repeat on the opposite side.
3. Virabhadrasana or Warrior Pose
Looking for a yoga asana to tone your legs, arms, or back end? Well then…the Virabhadrasana pose is for you. Practicing it can provide strength to your back muscles, buttocks and even tone your belly fat apart from toning your arms and legs. Not limited to this…performing the Warrior pose is also advantageous in improving your body’s balance.
- Stand with your feet wide apart with arms at the sides.
- Exhale deeply and then take a large step towards the right.
- Extend your right toes and incline your knees toward a 90-degree angle.
- Now, your left foot has to be turned 15 degrees inwards.
- Your left foot’s heel should be parallel to the right foot’s center.
- Lift both arms sideways to the level of your shoulders. Your palms should be facing up.
- While being in this position, take a couple of deep breaths, then move your head to the right and slowly press your hips down as far as you can.
- Hold this pose for some seconds before you return to the original position.
- Repeat the same pose on your opposite side.
In case you are suffering from diarrhea, high blood pressure, or chronic knee pain, please do not try to do the Virabhadrasana pose.
Navasana, even named the Boat Pose, is an effective yoga asana that can help tone your abdominal muscles. While practicing this activity, your lower back would become strengthened as well. This yoga pose is beneficent in controlling the functioning of your pancreas and kidneys.
Please keep in mind: Insomnia patients are recommended not to attempt the boat pose as this can worsen their health.
- Sit on a mat and meanwhile bend your knees.
- Then firmly place your feet on the mat.
- Following this, place your hands by your sides.
- Lift your feet off the floor slightly to keep your legs parallel to the floor. Put your weight on your buttocks.
- Tilt your upper body back a little bit while keeping the spine straight.
- Keep your body erect in a ‘V’ shape using your legs.
- Contract both the shoulder muscles and stretch your arms ahead of you so that they are parallel to the surface.
- Ensure that your palms are facing down.
- Tighten your core muscles and take a few deep breaths. Halt for some seconds and slowly release the pose.
5. Utkatasana or Chair Pose
Utkatasana or chair pose is a yoga asana that has been assisting people in toning their thighs and shoulders. It has also been an ideal yoga pose for people having osteoporosis, chronic pain, and other health problems such as carpal tunnel. Practicing the chair poses regularly can make your belly fat disappear and also release the stiffness present in your back and shoulders.
With these easy and simple steps, start performing this pose:
- Stand up straight with your feet apart.
- Stretch your hands forwards, palms down, without folding your elbows.
- Kneel and lower your pelvis as if you were seated on a chair.
- Raise your hand upwards so that your fingers are pointed to the roof.
- In this pose, straighten your backbone, look forward, and try to feel relaxed.
- Pause for a moment before you inhale and exhale while standing in the posture.
This yoga pose is a no for those undergoing neck pain or back injury.
Including yoga poses in your daily life schedule can help you improve your physical as well as mental health. It might also be beneficial for you to know that your body won’t show any side effects such as weight gain even if you miss its sessions as in the case of gyms. However, practicing them every day will make your inner and outer health glow.
Along with doing yoga, you can also consume some weight management gummies to make the procedure more effective. Thus, you can start off chewing “The Beach Body” gummies from “Power Gummies”. These sugar-free, orange-flavored gummies have nutrients such as Vitamin C, L-Carnitine, Green Coffee, and Garcinia Cambogia. You should try out these tasty treats apart from doing your regular yoga asanas to boost up your weight management procedure.