Yahoo Mail is a well-known webmail service provided by Yahoo, an American corporation. Yahoo Mail has over 200 million subscribers as of January 2020, making it the third most popular email service behind Apple Mail and Gmail. Yahoo Mail is used by a large number of personal and commercial users to send and receive emails.
In this article, we’ll look at the easiest approach to set up Yahoo mail in Outlook. This guide will assist you in setting up Yahoo mail in Outlook in a straightforward manner.
Related Post: IMAP to PST Migration Process – simple Method
How can I get Yahoo Mail to work in Outlook?
Two-factor authentication is used by Yahoo Mail. You’ll need an app password to connect a Yahoo email account to Outlook. This password is distinct from the one you use for your Yahoo Mail account. You may customize your email in Outlook after establishing the app password.
Step 1: Generate Yahoo App Password
- Sign in to your Yahoo mail
- Click on the Info icon and select Account Info
- Go to Account Security and enable Allow apps that use lesser secure sign-in.
- Click on Generate app password
- Click on the select your app dropdown and select Outlook desktop
- Click on the Generate button
- Copy app password to use in Outlook
Step 2: In Outlook 2019 and Outlook 2016, configure Yahoo Mail.
- Outlook is now open.
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Select Add Account from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Connect button after entering your Yahoo mail email address.
- Click the Connect button after entering your Yahoo mail app password.
- Outlook will automatically download all of your emails once the connection is established.
Professional Solution to Migrate Yahoo to Outlook
Yahoo mail has been around for more than two decades, and many people still use it. However, if you keep up with the news, you may have heard of large-scale phishing assaults on Yahoo accounts. Yahoo admitted in 2017 that more than 3 billion of its accounts had been compromised as a result of account theft. As a result, you should take Yahoo mail security more seriously and back up your emails on a regular basis. As a result, the SysTools IMAP Backup tool may be used. It will collect all of your mailbox’s messages and safely export them to a PST file. The software has advanced options for selecting and deselecting folders, applying filters, backing up, and getting a complete backup report. To open the messages, open the PST file in the Outlook application.
You can use Yahoo mail for the development of your business once you’ve setup it with Outlook 2019 and 2016. However, you are aware that professional organizations do not use Yahoo as an email management. Outlook can manage all professional emails from any domain, whether on-premises or in the cloud.