Martial arts is a fast-moving, ever-changing world that’s full of different styles, techniques and combinations. It can be difficult to know where to start when deciding which martial art will best suit your needs. Luckily for you, we’ve compiled this list of the top four martial arts styles that work well together!
Krav Maga is a self-defense system developed for the Israeli military. it’s a great martial art to learn if you want to be prepared to defend yourself. Krav Maga is also one of the most effective martial arts for women and men alike.
Krav Maga focuses on quick, instinctive responses to attacks that are based on your body’s natural reflexes. Instead of practicing moves over and over again until they become second nature. Krav Maga emphasizes training in real-world situations that simulate actual street fights or attacks.
There is no belt system in this type of training, so anyone can start at any time. With as little as three hours of instruction from an instructor who has been certified by the IKKM Global Federation or one of its many affiliates around the world.
The reason why Krav Maga works so well is because it uses what are known as universal principles. These principle applies regardless of size or strength differences between people—and even animals!
In Aikido the main focus is on throwing and pinning the opponent.
It is a defensive martial art, in which you use your own energy to redirect the force of your attacker’s attack.
Aikido emphasizes joint locks, control of distance, evasion, crowd control and balance over striking type moves.
Most aikido movements are circular in nature, with the attacker often being thrown over the defender’s back. Aikido incorporates principles such as evading or deflecting an opponent’s attack while simultaneously throwing them off balance.
To know more about Aikido, please visit here.
Muay Thai is a martial art that is used by military and police forces around the world, including the Royal Thai Army (RTA). It is also considered the national sport of Thailand.
Muay Thai uses boxing techniques, such as punches and kicks. It also incorporates grappling moves such as joint locks and takedowns. In addition to boxing techniques, Muay Thai also includes elbow strikes and knee strikes. Along with open hand strikes and headbutts when you’re up close with an opponent.
Jeet Kune Do
Jeet Kune Do is a hybrid martial art that combines elements of many other martial arts, with a focus on practicality and efficiency.
If you’re interested in trying Jeet Kune Do, it is important to study several different styles at the same time. If you only focus on one style, you will miss out on learning numerous other techniques that could be useful in certain situations.
JKD was developed by Bruce Lee as a response to his frustration with the limitations of Chinese martial arts. He believed that the best way to use these systems would be through a combination of striking, grappling, and weapons training.
These four martial arts comprise the best martial arts styles.
These four martial arts comprise the best martial arts styles.
- Karate is a Japanese martial art that focuses on striking techniques, as well as blocking and kicking. Karate originated in Okinawa, Japan and is based on hard-hitting techniques and moves.
- Taekwondo is a Korean martial art that involves both striking and grappling, including kicking, punching, kneeing, elbowing, throwing and joint locks. Originally called “tae kyon,” it’s both an Olympic sport (since 2000) and traditional Korean cultural heritage.
- Kung fu or gung fu is a Chinese term for any form of Chinese martial arts. There are hundreds of different types of gung fu practiced around the world today. Majority of people practice kung fu both formally (in schools) and informally. But they all derive from common roots.
The Shaolin Temple in Henan Province where monks lived under harsh conditions. Their training is very hard and they practice every day to perfect their fighting skills.
Things to Keep in mind before joining martial arts classes
You must learn how to cope with the physical challenges
Martial arts is a physically demanding sport and not everyone can do it. You should be in good shape before joining martial arts classes. You should also be able to cope with the physical demands of martial arts, like flexibility, agility and strength.
You must know that Martial Arts is a long term commitment
Learning martial arts is a long term commitment and it consists of below listed things.
- It takes time to learn.
- It takes time to master.
- It takes time to build muscle.
- It takes time to build confidence.
- It takes time to build a good reputation, and it’s worth it!
You will learn about self-defense
You will learn how to defend yourself, and not just against attacks from humans. You will also learn how to protect yourself from animals, as well as different types of weapons.
It can be expensive
You can expect to pay a lot for martial arts classes. It is an investment in yourself, your health, and your future. The price of martial arts classes is based on the type of martial art you’re studying.
Martial arts are an investment in yourself and your future! But it’s important to consider all aspects before jumping into training. For example you should ask yourself these questions first.
- what will be required from you?
- What do you want out of it?
- How much will this cost me?
You should always follow the rules of your instructor
If a particular stance is uncomfortable, don’t argue with your instructor about it. If you feel like a certain technique will never work for you, don’t question your instructor’s authority. It’s important to remember that no one on Earth knows more about martial arts than the person who teaches it to others.
Honesty is important
Honesty is an important part of martial arts. Honesty is also an important part of your personal life. If you are dishonest in either the dojo or at home, it will come back to haunt you.
Before joining a martial arts class, it is important to keep these things in mind.
- You can learn about self-defense. Martial arts can help you understand yourself better and how to react in a threatening situation. If someone attacks you, It will teach you how to defend yourself without using weapons or causing harm to the attacker.
- It could be expensive. The average cost of one month’s membership at an average martial arts school is around $100 per month, but this price may increase depending on where you live and where you go to train.
- It might be a long term commitment. Some people think that they can simply drop the classes when they need more time for themselves or their family members. Because they don’t want to waste money on something that isn’t fulfilling enough anymore.
The best martial arts are the ones that you enjoy. you. can easily stick to the training Then it will be easier to stick with it. So choose wisely and remember, there is no wrong answer.
Take a look at our list of top picks for martial arts to see if any of them might interest you!