Master of Business Administration or MBA is one of the highly acclaimed and demanding courses there because it provides a perfect platform for the students to grow their careers through various specializations the course provides. MBA courses provide necessary skills, training, and education related to business and managerial prospects.
MBA is a well renowned and internationally acclaimed postgraduate course that comes with two years of course duration and it can be extended up to five years in online and distance modes of study. There are two forms of MBA available today: Regular or traditional learning system of MBA and virtual or distance mode of MBA.
The course fee may vary from one specialization to another or institution to institution. Earlier, only rich people could afford the course, but today, with the latest advancements in technology and online services, there are many open and distance educations that provide the best in quality MBA courses with quality teaching.
The Admission to MBA Program
Most of the universities and colleges that take admissions through a national level test like CAT/NMAT/CMAT and XAT, while many of them take state level entrance tests for the admission procedure like CET, MAH, KMAT Kerala, TS ICET etc. An institution may follow distinct admission criteria for the admission procedure for the MBA program.
Now, admission to an MBA program is not a tough task, you just need to prepare for the entrance test and get admission to the desired college or institution. A candidate can take admitted to regular, distance and executive MBA programs.
The main reason for the popularity of this program is that the course provides many career opportunities for top positions. In other words, there are many scopes after MBA. The students are getting placed in top positions after completing the course.
The admission procedures are available online in most universities. However, some are also giving admission in offline mode too. Students are requested to fill out the form completely and then attach all the required details. Pay the fee online and then submit the form finally. Maybe you are interested: What Is Data Science? Importance Of Data Science, Lifecycle
MBA Course Highlights
- Full form of the course: Master of Business Administration
- Level: Postgraduate
- Duration of the course: 2 years minimum
- Exam Type: Semester
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s degree
- Mode of selection: Selection and merit-based
- Top Specialization Provided in MBA: HRM, Logistics and Supply Chain, Marketing and Sales, Finance, IT Operations, Digital Marketing, Aviation Management, Business Analytics, etc.
- Minimum percentage required: 50-55%
Who can Do an MBA?
Generally, MBA is made for young graduates and working professionals who want to make their career in management and business aspects. Working professionals do this course for their business promotion. The course MBA helps the students to develop new skills and understanding related to specific specializations. It is also recommended to check the fee, structure, course details, and specialization you are choosing as your preferred course of study.
Why Choose MBA?
Every student may have their own reasons behind selecting an MBA as a career path. An MBA helps to accelerate the career of an individual and hence improve the lifestyle with a good salary package. Apart from these things, there are some crucial things that will focus on the importance of management programs:
- Develop leadership skills
- Develop managerial skills
- Avail better career opportunities
- Hike in Salary
- Global exposure to Economy and Business
- Entrepreneurial skill development
- Improve Quality of Living
Courses/Specializations are there an MBA Course?
The management field is very big and thus it brings many specializations for the students for MBA. Now, candidates can choose their respective or desired specialization of MBA as their preferred course of study. According to experts, there are more than 50 courses and specializations available in the management sector that caters to various needs of industries.
Some of the top-notched and popular MBA specializations are Finance Management, Human Resource Management, Sales and Marketing Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, International Business Management, Accounts Management, Travel and Tourism Management, etc. The syllabus for a particular MBA program may differ from the other as per the course structure and niche of the course. Students can refer to the official university prospectus to know more about the course and its related admission guidelines.
Fee Structure of Popular MBA Courses / Specializations
A student can easily choose their preferred MBA specialization based on/her preference. Some students rely on the popularity of the college, not the course, but it’s the responsibility of every student to check every detail related to the course.
The fee structure matters the most and thus, we came up with popular MBA courses with their respective fee structures:
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- Fee: 15000 to 10 Lac as per the university type
- MBA in Finance Management
- Fee: 25000 to 6.8 Lakh per annum
- MBA in Rural Management
- Fee: 50000 to 11 Lakh per annum
- MBA in Operations Management
- Fee: 30000 to 9.5 Lakh per annum
- MBA in Marketing Management
- Fee: 25000 to 10 Lakh per annum
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- Fee: 20000 to 4.8 lakh per annum
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- Fee: 25000 to 6.8 Lakh per annum
Note: The course fee varies from one university to another. However, the fees of online and distance institutions are very low as compared to regular govt MBA or private colleges. You know about List of Online MBA Colleges India
Eligibility Criteria of MBA Program
The Eligibility criteria are one of the most important things to be considered at the time of taking admissions. As a student, you are required to check the eligibility conditions of the respective university to which you want to take admission. The official prospectus is one of the reliable sources of all the data related to the course. Check these steps of eligibility for your convenience:
- Students must have passed graduation with at least 50% from any stream including Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretaryship, Cost Accountancy etc.
- 45% marks are required for reserved categories.
- Note: For regular colleges, the required percentage may increase.
- Candidates must have cleared the national or state level management entrance test like CET/ OPENMAT, CAT, MAT, SNAP etc. It may vary from one university to another.
- Note: students who are applying under the reserved category, need to provide supporting documents for the same during admission procedures. Also find: Pros and Cons of Online MBA
How to Get Admission to an MBA Degree Course?
Candidates are required to follow these necessary steps for taking admission to the course:
- First of all, registration is mandatory for every MBA specialization.
- Then, candidates are required to fill out the entrance test form with the correct details. They need to choose examination centres as per their preferences.
- After that, they have to appear for the entrance examination.
- Now, check the result and if the student has passed the MBA entrance test conducted by his respective university, go ahead and fill out the admission form.
- Pay the fee either online or offline as per the fee submission rules of the university.
- Finally, download the confirmation slip there.