If you ever come across the QuickBooks error 176109, an alert warning message comes up on your screen stating, “Invalid Product Code/ Invalid Product Number”. At first, you must know when and where the error pops up? So, it is primarily related to QuickBooks Point of Sale. Whenever you make an attempt to open the application or try to register it, you get interrupted. So, to help you rectify the problem completely, we have curated this article. The content includes some efficient fixing methods, followed by the reasons behind the glitch. Go through it and acquire an in-depth insight into the matter.
Do you want any help regarding the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale error 176109? Then take immediate assistance from our team of pro advisors. They are available round the clock to assist you. Dial 1.855.738.2784 to speak to them.
Major Reasons For Encountering the Point of Sale Error Code 176109 in QuickBooks
Are you confused about why the issue is bothering you continuously? Well, there can be several reasons for it. So, check out the following enlisted points and understand the causes-
- There might have been severe damage to the WSActivity file. Besides, there is also a possibility that the file might have been corrupted.
- The corrupt or incomplete installation of the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale can give rise to the issue.
- Another probable reason for incurring the glitch might be the damage or corruption of the Entitlement Client folder.
As we have learned about the reasons that trigger such a problem, let us move ahead and gather info on how to fix it properly.
You may read also: QuickBooks Error 6190 83
List of Troubleshooting Methods To Eliminate the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 176109
Refer to this section of the article to know some of the best ways to deal with the glitch appropriately. We have explained each solution step-by-step so that you do not face any other issues. Therefore, make sure you do not miss out on any instructions-
SOLUTION 1: Make Modifications in the Name of the WSActivity File
- In the very beginning, you are required to open the Windows Explorer screen. Hit the ‘Windows + E’keys on your keyboard to access it.
- Now, click twice on the C: Drive and go through the following path- C: \Program Data\ Intuit\ QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\ Ini.
- Further, you must right-click on the ‘WSActivity’ file and then opt for the ‘Rename’ option.
- In order to edit the name, add the OLD at the beginning of the original file name. After renaming, it should look like “OLDWSActivity’.
- Next, save the new name by pressing the Enter’ key.
- In the following step, you are required to remove all the contents present in the entitlement client folder.
- Once done, quit the current window and run the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
SOLUTION 2: Perform the Uninstallation and Re-Installation of the QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Start the procedure by opening the ‘Run’ command box on your desktop. Press the ‘Windows + R’ keys to open it.
- In the text box provided, type in ‘Control Panel’.
- Now, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- When you are on the Control Panel screen, go to the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- You will see a list of installed applications from which you must choose the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0’ program.
- Next, tap on the ‘Uninstall/ Change’ option.
- You are now required to proceed further by following the instructions prompted on the screen.
- Once the software gets removed completely, go to Intuit’s website and then look for the newest available version of the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Download the file and then opt for a location to save it.
- After that, open and run the installation file.
- In case a message pops up asking you to overwrite the current extracted file, hit the ‘Yes to All’ button.
- Select the ‘Next’ button and begin to install the app.
- Move forward by going through the steps displayed on-screen.
- To accept the terms and conditions, enable the relevant checkbox.
- Tap on the ‘Next’ button and then type in the correct license and product details.
- Again, select the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, you must choose the desired installation type.
- For a single user, hit ‘Only this computer’, and for a multi-user, click ‘Two or more computers’.
- Finally, hit the ‘Install’ button and then launch it to activate.
SOLUTION 3: Perform the Manual Process of Deleting the Entitlement Client Folder Files
- To initiate the procedure, press the ‘Windows + E’ keys on your keyboard to open Windows Explorer on your desktop.
- In the further step, you are required to move to the following path- C: \Program Data\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ V8.
- To choose all files together, you must hit the ‘Ctrl + A’ keys and, after that, delete them.
- To confirm the new change, tap on the ‘Yes’ button.
- At the end, start the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale again to register the account.
SOLUTION 4: Perform the Automatic Process of Deleting the Entitlement Client Folder Files
- To remove the contents of the Entitlement Client folder automatically, at first, you must complete the download of the ‘Clear Entitlement File Tool’.
- Next, move to your Windows desktop to unzip the file.
- In order to run the file, click twice on it.
- In the end, open the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and register your account.
We hope by now you must have understood the entire concept of the QuickBooks error 176109 completely. We have attempted our best to deliver you the most relevant info about the given issue. Moreover, our experts team have tried and tested all the troubleshooting method mentioned here. However, in some rare cases, you might come across other unexpected technical glitches while performing these solutions. At that moment, do not panic and instead give us a call at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 to have an immediate consultation with one of the certified professionals. Apart from this, if you need any additional help related to the same issue, do not hesitate to reach out to our team.
You may read also : Move QuickBooks Company file to a new computer