What is legal metrology Act Registration? Legal metrology (also “metrology” hereafter) deals with applying measurement and instruments. The legal metrology Law governs measures in the domestic markets (retail and wholesale), the marketing of commodities, the sale of items, and the issue or display of any advertisement relating to such sale. The Legal Metrology law gives methodology on how manufacturers and suppliers declare the number of goods packed in each package. Legal Metrology Registration helps you minimizes risks and avoid legal action from distributors.
The Legal Metrology Wing of the Department of Consumer Affairs came into being in 2009 and deals with the monitoring and regulating Manufacturing, Import, and Business of Weighing and Measuring Instruments and Devices. Corpseed helps manufacturers and importers obtain License and Certificate to use, sell and manufacture weighing and measurement devices in India. The Law of Legal Metrology governs weighing & measuring instruments in India. Get a Legal Metrology Registration for selling and manufacturing weighing & measuring instruments in India. We can help you get it at a quick turnaround time and Cost-Effective. We assist manufacturers and importers of weighing and measuring instruments and devices to obtain appropriate licenses and approvals for setting up their company and marketing their products.
The Legal Metrology Act establishes and enforces weights & measurement standards, and the department drafts rules and regulations to provide trade guidance on weights, measurement, and scales due-process. It is a must-have for retail businesses, manufacturers, packaging professionals, and anyone who measures or calculates weights & measures in India. All manufacturers and traders in pre-packaged products must ensure they register themselves with the Legal Metrology Department to maintain legal compliance. It is a must-have for retail businesses, manufacturers, packaging professionals, and anyone who measures or calculates weights & measures in India. Under the Legal Metrology Act, all traders, manufacturers, retailers, importers and exporters must register for legal metrology services. Companies must use pre-packaged goods or packaged commodities to ensure accuracy and transparency in trade quality. The Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules define pre-packed products’ labels, tags, and markings.
Corpseed is helping Indian companies register with the government and become compliant as per the packaging regulations stipulated in Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011. A registered company can represent their products with net quantity declaration and manufacturing details. Our services are targeted at those Importer, retailers, manufacturers, packagers and anyone else who deals with legal metrology. We will provide Legal Metrology Registration Cost-Effective for various businesses like manufacturers, wholesale dealers, traders and others. The Act also encompasses labelling requirements and packaging provisions for different types of commodities. Our solution lets you create an online registration application, upload necessary documents, pay online fees and receive approval to print your registration at the end of the process.
Manufacturer, Importer, and Dealer need following Documents along with the Application for the Legal Metrology Act:
- Photographs, Identity and Address proof of the applicant/partners
- Proof of the Date of Birth of applicant/partners.
- Ownership or tenancy document of the proposed premises.
- Partnership deed in case of partnership firms.
- Model approval certificate, granted by the Director, Legal Metrology, Govt. of India, if required under Legal Metrology General Rules, 2011 with respect to the proposed weighing and measuring instrument.
- NOC from pollution control Board, especially in Taj Trapezium zone.
- List of machinery and tools.
- Affidavit to state that applicant would adhere to the Legal provisions and the directions issued by the Controller.
- Affidavit to state that applicant had neither been punished by any Court nor is any criminal proceeding pending in any court.
- Registration document of factory/shop/establishment/municipal trade license, as the case may be.
- Copy of GST Registration.
- Copy of PAN.
Legal address proof of the Manufacturing Unit:
- Copy of Factory License mentioning the relevant product as the scope of manufacturing and indicating the address of manufacturing unit – in English as well in original language.
- Copy of Trademark (Brand) Registration.
- Authority Letter from Trademark owner, if manufacturing unit is not the owner of Trademark.
Technical Details about the Product:
- Sample(s) along with user manual and accessories to run the product.
- Product name, Brand name and Model number.
- Safety critical components list.
- BoM (Bill of Material).
- PCB layout and circuit diagram of the product.
- Mains power / SMPS Layout and circuit diagram.
- Details of series models, if any – please refer the series guideline.
- Copy of marking label.
- OEM support to configure the product for functional testing, if required.
Details of AIR (Authorized Indian Representative), in case of foreign manufacturer
- KYC of AIR Company.
- Details of signatory person.
Additional Technical Details in case of Cell / Battery
- UN 38.3 test report (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) for lithium ion cells and batteries.
- ISO 9001 certificate.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PACKAGES INTENDED FOR RETAIL SALE:
Applicability of the Chapter:
The provisions of this Chapter shall not apply to, – (a) packages of commodities containing quantity of more than 25 kg or 25 liter excluding cement and fertilizer sold in bags up to 50 kg; and (b) packaged commodities meant for industrial consumers or institutional consumers. Explanation: – For the purpose of this rule, –
- Institutional consumer” means the institutional consumer like transportation, Airways, Railways, Hotels, Hospitals or any other service institutions who buy packaged commodities directly from the manufacturer for use by that institution.
- Industrial Consumer” means the industrial consumer who buy packaged commodities directly from the manufacturer for use by that industry.
- Regulation for pre-packing and sale etc., of commodities in packaged form.
- Specific commodities to be packed and sold in recommended standard packages.
- Declarations to be made on every package.
- Declaration where to appear.
- Manner in which declaration shall be made.
- Declaration of name and address of the manufacturer, etc.
- General provisions relating to declaration of quantity.
- Manner in which declaration of quantity shall be.
- Statement of units of weight, measure or number.
- Declarations with regard to dimensions of certain commodities.
- Declaration with regard to dimensions and weight to be made on packages in certain cases.
- Declarations to be made with regard to the number of usable sheets to be stated.
- Declarations with regard to the dimensions of container type commodities.
- Provisions relating to wholesale dealer and retail dealers.
- Inspection of quantity and error in packages at the premises of the » manufacturer or packer.
- Action to be taken on completion of inspection of packages at that premises of the manufacturers or the packer.
- Inspection of quantity and error in packages at the premises of the wholesale dealer or retail dealer.
- Establishment of maximum permissible error on package.
- Deceptive packages to be repacked or in default to be seized.