You look inside your wardrobe daily, at least twice. This may be more than you see your loved ones. You have a relationship with your wardrobe! So make it a pleasant one. Truth be told, a cluttered wardrobe can make anyone unhappy and it does not need to be this way.
If you have ever folded or hung up your clothes neatly and a few days later everything is in disarray again, you’re not alone. However, this just means you were not doing it correctly in the first place. It’s not your fault! At school, we had lessons on how to cook and use a computer but no-one taught us to tidy properly. There are optimum ways to store your clothes and when you learn these tricks, your wardrobe can work for you.
Perhaps your wardrobe is bulging but yet you have nothing to wear
Perhaps you feel some items are “lost” within it
Or maybe you find it difficult to put outfits together or nothing seems to fit
The decluttering process involves helping you decide what stays and what is discarded, sent to charity, stored for seasonal use, recycled, or sold
The items that remain will be reorganised practically and attractively. The aim is for you to feel joy when you open your wardrobe and for you to be able to select an outfit knowing it will make you feel good and set up for the day.
Get in touch and discuss how to make your wardrobe work for you.
“Kate worked wonders helping me reorganise my wardrobe, including all my clothes, shoes, and accessories, which has saved me time and made life so much easier for me as a busy mother. Kate applied a well thought out process to make the activity of sorting through my belongings fun and engaging. Kate was very supportive and through her sensitive and perceptive questions, she really helped me decide between things that were precious to me and clutter. As a consequence of having a super organised wardrobe, I feel so much lighter and clearer mentally.
Six months later, I am maintaining Kate’s practical advice and my wardrobe is a pleasure to open!”
Work with an A Tidy Mind professional organiser because:
- We are particularly experienced in working with people who feel overwhelmed,
- We listen to you and empathise,
- We use a range of coaching techniques. This is about teaching you how to maintain your new clutter-free, organised space,
- We are extremely competitive on cost and there are no ‘add on’ charges,
- We always offere a free, face to face consultation before you commit,
- If you want to declutter and stage before you sell your home or move house, we have helped many clients do just that (with minimal stress),
- Decluttering is important but it’s not the whole picture. We can help you find storage solutions and develop habits and routines,
- Any client of A Tidy Mind gets lifetime FREE access to a huge range of online organisational planners & checklists from www.tidyhabits.co.uk
- We support charities widely. We donate to a wide variety of local & national projects (at no extra cost to you),
- We are experienced and trained to work with people on the Hoarding Disorder spectrum,
- As well as decluttering and organising, we can help you sell your home, move house or give you a PA!,
- If you have paperwork to sort out, we’re experts at this as well as putting together an effective filing system,
- You will be treated as an individual. The work can take place slowly or quickly in line with you pace YOU need,
- We’ll empower you. It’s about helping you change your mindset and teaching you new skills,
- If you have suffered a bereavement and how have to clear the home, we can sensitively and practically help,
- Have items in a storage unit? We can help with this.
Founder of A Tidy Mind
Professional Declutterer, Organiser & Life Coach
Ultimately, I have always been motivated by helping people to improve their lives. From as far back as I remember, I wanted to talk my family and friends through their problems and give practical and emotional support.
This motivated me to start studying Psychology 20 years ago and work in the mental health sector. Then I worked as Life Coach with people who felt “stuck” enabling them to set and achieve goals and make huge, positive life changes .
I then took these skills into a career as a Probation Officer 15 years ago. As I worked with individuals for whom life had taken the wrong path, I realised that creating a comfortable, organised home environment is a vital stabilising factor for us.
Shelter is one of our basic human needs. Our home doesn’t have to be perfect – but our environment is a key element to a calm, motivated mind. If we have too much “stuff” and live in disorder, we lose track of what is and isn’t important. This can create overwhelm, which is a huge energy drainer.
There was a time when I was overwhelmed by the amount of ‘stuff’ in my life. My home was too full and my mind was too. Decluttering my life was what saved me – creating calm and bringing joy to the every day.
Following my experience, I decided to train as a Professional Organiser and to found A Tidy Mind in order to help those who are overwhelmed by clutter & disorganisation. It’s not just about physical things – mental clutter can play a big part too. The aim is always to create more calm and contentment. I want clients to fall in love with their homes and look forward to their future.
With A Tidy Mind, I wanted to combine practicality with emotional support and helping people take action so I developed a multi faceted way of working with clients – combining expertise in time management, decluttering, storage, habits, routines and styling alongside a range of coaching and counselling techniques. This really is a holistic approach aimed at transforming your life.
Have a question about wardrobe organisation? Book a consultation call with our professional wardrobe organiser today, call 07961 770452 or email email@example.com