Many students want to study abroad and the US is their first option. You will get exposure to various opportunities in the US. The US provides comprehensive coursework to students. The coursework is designed in such a way that it gives you both practical and theoretical learning. Education in the US is Affordable.
You will get exposed to Communities from around the world as the US is an education hub. Campus life is exciting. At the same time, International students can often work while studying and doing Internships. If you are ready to study there, you will need a student visa. An international student will need a student visa to study in the US.
There are three types of student visa- F-1 Student Visa, J exchange Visa, M Student Visa. The type of visa you’ll require is determined by your age and the type of study you want to pursue in the United States.
You will need an F-1 Student Visa if you want to study at an accredited US college or university or to study English at an English language institute.
You will need a J Exchange Visa for participation in an exchange program, including high school and university study.
You will need M Student Visa for non-academic or vocational study or training in the US
You must first apply to and be accepted by a US school or university recognized by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program as a first step (SEVP). You will get a Form I-20 from the institution’s international student office once you have been accepted. This form is a printed record of your information in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System database (SEVIS).
You will need the Following Documents for applying for Student Visa:
- A valid passport. The passport should be valid for a minimum of 6 months beyond your period of stay in the US.
- Acceptance at a SEVP approved school and your Form I-20.
- Application fee payment for the SEVIS.
- Non-immigrant visa application.
- Form DS-160 confirmation page. DS-160 is an Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application Confirmation. This confirms the submission of the Nonimmigrant visa application.
- Your photograph is in the requested format, and the number
- There are some additional documents you may require. It includes Academic preparation documents like transcripts, diplomas, degrees or certificates, score mark sheets of exams like TOEFL, GMAT, IELTS.
- Evidence showing you have sufficient funds for your living expenses throughout the period of your stay in the US. The evidence may include:
- Bank statements. Bank statement for at least three years showing that you have enough assets to pay for the first year (could be of parent or guardian)
- If someone is sponsoring you then the financial undertaking by a sponsor stating to cover your accommodation and living costs.
- A scholarship program
- Evidence that you will leave the US once you have completed your course of study. This can be in the form of an air ticket out of the US to your home country.
- You may also have to appear for a personal interview at the US embassy or consulate.
Here are the steps to follow for applying for F-1 visa:
- Apply and get acceptance from SEVP Approved school.
- Get enrolled in Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). After that, your school will provide you with a Form I-20.
- Complete the Visa process. There is an online visa application that allows you to fill out and print the Form DS-160 to bring with you to your F1 visa interview.
- Schedule your interview and prepare for it and attend. The interview will decide whether you are eligible for a visa or not.
US Study Visa Application Process for the next intake
Studying in USA can be very beneficial. You can dive into vast number of opportunities, get global perspective, world-class student support, career opportunities, etc. Many students from India enroll there. US has three intakes, Spring, Summer and Fall. This article will share all important details you need to know about September (fall) intakes to study in US. Know about the top universities you can apply in upcoming intakes.
September 2022 intakes in US:
- Unlike January (spring) intake, the September (fall) intake provides more time to students. In this time, they can explore the teacher assistance, part-time on-campus work opportunities.
- You can select more diverse range of course options to study abroad aspirants.
- You can have more post-study work options.
- This time, the september intake may have more competition as the intakes were restricted due to COVID.
- The class sizes in Fall intake are larger than Spring or summer intake.
Step-by-step Guide for September 2022 intakes:
Step 1- Research your options
Decide your preference for universities. Shortlist the universities. Once you settle down on university talk to counsellor. Browse through those universities. If you are confused about something, then now is the time to clear all doubts.
This process should be completed from April 2021 to July 2021.
Step 2-Take required tests
If you are fixed on the option then you must apply for some test. These are standardized tests, it depends on the nature of your degree. For a Bachelor’s degree, you would have to clear the Scholastic Admission Test (SAT) or American College Testing (ACT). For a Master’s degree, you might have to take the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). International students also have to clear English Eligibility tests like IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE Academic.
This process should be completed from May 2021 to Sep 2021.
Step 3- Apply to university
Every university has its own admission requirements. Hence, Contact each university directly for the admission requirements. The requirements also change according to degrees. You will need transcripts, letter(s) of recommendation, an essay for a Bachelor’s degree. Transcripts from previously attended colleges/universities, CV/resume, letter(s) of recommendation, Statement of Purpose (SOP) or an essay stating your professional and academic goals are needed for a Master’s degree.
This process should be completed from November 2021 to July 2022.
Step 4- Wait for your Admission decision
University will notify you about confirmation of admission. It will take 8-10 weeks to notify.
This process should be completed from Jan to July 2022.
Step 5- Finance your study/ Apply for Visa.
Once you confirm your admission, apply for your visa. You can get a scholarship to support your finances, some US universities give you a scholarship or you can also have an Indian scholarship.
This process should be completed from April to July 2022.
Step 6- prepare yourself for departure.
Book your tickets and get ready to embark on a unique journey.
Here are some Popular Universities in US.
|Name of University||Location|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||Cambridge|
|University of South Florida||Tampa, Florida|
|Washington State University||Pullman|
|George Mason University||Fairfax|
|University of Massachusets, Boston||Boston|
|University of Illinois, Chicago||Chicago|
|University of Dayton, Ohio||Dayton|