There is a reason why every mentor tells you that you need a strong preparation plan for UPSC, the exams are considered to be the toughest, stringent, and the most prestigious of all in India.
The exam is taken by almost a million aspirants from across the nation every year. However, given that the vacancies are so less in numbers, only a handful from among the million are actually able to fulfill their bureaucratic dreams. This further adds to the toughness of the exam.
So, the first thing that you need to know about UPSC preparation is that it is not possible to succeed by just being a bookworm. Along with being a bookworm, you’d also need to be well-read, socially and politically aware, and also confident as a person. Along with all of that you’d also need to have an assertive yet pleasing personality.
In this section, I have listed some really effective tips pertaining to the topic of IAS preparation. Now, a lot of you might say that these tips are for beginners.
However, I am absolutely sure that they will be of immense help to you in drawing up the perfect 2022 UPSC preparation strategy. So, without further ado here are the IAS preparation tips:
1. Know the Exam
- The first thing you should know about the topic of how to prepare for IAS is that you should be absolutely sure about whether you want to go through with the journey or not. Know that you should board the IAS preparation train, only if you are ready to make the journey with utmost sincerity and seriousness right till the end.
2. Prepare a Time Table
- One thing that separates the wheat from the chaff in terms of those that will succeed in the UPSC exams and those who won’t, is a well-organized and properly thought-out daily study routine.
- When talking about how to prepare for IAS efficiently, it is of utmost importance that you set for yourself a comfortable timetable that is easy to follow. That way you’d be able to stick to it with greater sincerity and ease.
3. Know the Syllabus by Heart
- Whenever a mentor starts saying anything related to the topic of how to prepare for UPSC CSE (IAS), the first words that come out of their mouth are, “Know the syllabus by heart”. This is because the syllabus is the soul of the exam. You should know it well before you get to know the UPSC exam dates. That way you’ll have much more time for revisions.
- Knowing the syllabus thoroughly will help you prioritize the topics and subjects according to your strengths and weaknesses, and also choose the right reading materials to study from.
4. IAS Current Affairs
- Throughout the years, one question that has been asked time and time again by millions of first-time UPSC aspirants is how to prepare for IAS current affairs, and the answer to that has always been the same, and still is today. Newspapers. Reading from daily newspapers has always been one of the most important aspects of the IAS exam preparation.
5. Choose your Optional Wisely
- The optional subject-based papers account for 500 marks in the final tally of the UPSC IAS exam.
- Therefore, it is very important that you choose your optional subject after very careful consideration of the pros and cons pertaining to the selection of the same.
Also check: UPSC CSE