Unable to open attachments in Outlook 2021,2019, 2016, 2013? Many users often face problems related to Outlook connection. The most common reason why Outlook won’t open attachments is file corruption, which prevents users from opening attachments in Outlook. In this article, we will explain the best way to fix Outlook connection problems.
Many organizations use Outlook email as their primary communication method. According to research, the average worker receives more than 100 emails a day and sends nearly 30 emails a day. An email can contain a lot of important information, but problems arise when the recipient cannot open the email. Messages can be sent by e-mail and all links can be sent there.
Sometimes recipients cannot open Outlook attachments. This problem occurs mostly in Microsoft Outlook and in this blog we discuss why this problem occurs and how to solve it. Before we begin, let’s briefly review some of the most common.
What is the Real Value of Email Attachments?
Email attachments are one of the most important tools for business as some invoices and many other important documents can be sent through email attachments. Email attachments are not the only ones sent with messages. It is easy to share information and pictures. One or more documents can be shared with an email attachment.
Why Are You Unable to Open Attachments in Outlook Account?
Email attachments may contain important work-related information. So if you can’t open it, you will miss important communication. But this problem does not happen by itself. Here are some important reasons why you open email attachments in Outlook email client.
- Unknown File Type
If your computer does not have the necessary functions to recognize input data, then you will encounter this problem. If your colleague sends you a .PSD image file and you don’t have Adobe Photoshop installed on your system, you won’t be able to open the image file attachment. Therefore, you should understand the attached file and install a program that supports it.
- File Type Associated With Wrong Program
Do you have a program that you can use to open a link in a certain format, but it still won’t open? This means that the files type is associated with the wrong program. This also means that the program has problems. In this case, you can save the file attachment, right-click the file, and choose another program to open it.
- Data Compression
When people want to email multiple files, they compress them into a single zip file. Then the compressed file will be attached to the email. However, if the file is a .rar, .zip or other compressed file format, you will not be able to open it. Therefore, it must be compressed before opening.
- Have Immunity
Another reason Outlook email attachments won’t open is interference from your computer’s anti-virus software. This program will deal with opening links. Antivirus software prevents you from opening secure Outlook attachments.
- The File is Corrupted
If the email attachment you received is invalid, that could be the cause of the problem. Therefore, you can ask the supplier to confirm whether the link is valid in their system.
The Most Common Causes of Such Unwanted Error Messages are:
- If the user is temporarily restricted from accessing the Internet files and folders on the system or local server
- This error occurs when the subfolder containing the instance of Temporary Internet Files has reached its storage limit.
- Because of the default security protocol, Outlook refuses to access suspicious information that can harm the user’s Outlook database or other system files. Therefore, Outlook attachments are automatically blocked with one of the above errors.
- When a user tries to open Outlook attachments when the Outlook PST data file is damaged or inaccessible.
- When the user re-enters the same Outlook connection. In this case, multiple temporary files with the same name are created in the temporary folder. Microsoft Outlook refuses to save temporary files with the same name to a temporary location after some time.
- Outlook Web App blocks attachments with certain file extensions if users cannot access them from Office 365 with Outlook Web App.
How to Solve “Unable to Open Attachments in Outlook” Error
Trim Outlook Temporary Files:- MS Outlook saves temporary data files in a folder on your computer. The size of these temporary files can cause performance problems. Sometimes PC Cleaner also doesn’t delete temporary Outlook data files. Also, manual deletion of Outlook temporary files is the most important for users if they can’t view or add attachments in Microsoft Outlook.
Follow these steps to delete temporary Outlook files:
- Open File Explorer on your computer
- Click the empty title bar at the top of the file browser
- Now type or paste the following text in the address bar:-
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\
- Click enter
- Windows displays one or more randomly named folders that contain temporary Outlook files
- Double-click the folder to open the temporary file
- Right-click the file you want to delete
- Select Delete from the pop-up menu
- Click Yes to verify and send to trash
- Now delete the temporary files from the recycle bin
Notes: – Manually deleting temporary files in Windows takes less than a minute, but may take longer depending on the size of the temporary file directory.
- Restart Outlook and Try Opening the Attachment : The Outlook appendix Cannot be Opened Questions must be resolved immediately.
This manual method is not completely reliable, but it solves almost 90% of the “OUTLOOK ATTACHMENTS won’t open” problem. If this method does not meet your expectations, it means that there is an error in your Outlook PST file.
Perfect Solution to Fix “Unable to Open Attachments in Outlook” 2021, 2019, 2016 Issue
The manual process is free, but sometimes users get confused with the steps of the manual because they are a bit complicated and require knowledge. However, if you still face problems related to Outlook attachments, you can use the Outlook Attachment Extractor Tool. This tool eliminates all kinds of mistakes as well as dishonesty. This software eliminates all the problems and is compatible with all versions of MS Outlook profile. This application saves a lots of time and effort.
We hope you’ve already tried a free trial of our software if you’ve reached this point on the blog. This will help you measure your skills with this tool. You can invest later by purchasing a license key to open unlimited email attachments.
- Download and Install the software and install it on your machine
- To add an Outlook file, select Add File or Add Folder
- Check the Keep Folder Hierarchy option to preserve the folder structure
- Select a destination to save all attachments
- Choose email option in the Choose a Items section
- Finally, click the Extract button to download the entire Open attachment from Outlook
Another major frustrating problem for users is the inability to view attachments in Outlook. Check out some of the reasons behind the problem and solve it, including cleaning the system and Outlook temporary files, using the Save As option to save and view email attachments measures explained. For more serious issues like unable to open attachments in Outlook, advanced and reliable tools like Outlook Email Attachment Extractor application are recommended and recommended for the benefit of the user.
Read More: Eliminate Duplicates in Outlook Contacts