Many users complain time and then that they have encountered the TurboTax Error Code 1921 abruptly on their computer systems. Unfortunately, due to this error, you wouldn’t open the software. Instead, it makes the user understand that the error is related to the TurboTax updates. Further, it may also leave your software outdated as it hinders the update process. In this blog, we have briefly explained some troubleshooting methods that can help you eliminate the TurboTax update error at the earliest. Stay tuned!
WE HAVE PROVIDED MANY CAUSES TO EXPLAIN THE ERROR’S ORIGIN BEST AND PRESENT SOME TIPS TO FIX IT. STILL, YOU MIGHT GET ANNOYED WITH TURBOTAX ERROR CODE 1921 WHEN UNRESOLVED. HOWEVER, FOR IMMEDIATE TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FROM EXPERTS, YOU CAN DIAL OUR CUSTOMER HELPLINE NUMBER.
What Are The Reasons Behind TurboTax Error Code 1921?
If you can understand what has caused Runtime error code 1921 by studying the stimulus behind its existence, the possibility for you to find a reliable solution is relatively high. Below we have mentioned some of the most common causes of the Error 1921 TurboTax on a user’s computer. So let’s have a look.
- The Microsoft .NET Framework is either outdated or has some significant issues in its functioning.
- There might be a possibility that TurboTax is not entirely installed on the computer.
- At times, the user mistakenly deletes a vital TurboTax file, further leading to the mentioned issue.
- The chances are high that there are corrupted Windows Registry files on your computer system.
- For Updating error code 1921 to occur, it would be possible that malware or virus has entered your system. It can further affect the TurboTax files in the system.
- Another reason that may cause this error is that corrupted software has been installed on the system.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 3371
What Are The Troubleshooting Methods For Intuit Update Service Error 1921?
By now, you must have known the possible causes behind TurboTax update problems. For you, we have listed several successful ways that you can use to solve TurboTax Error Code 1921. You can follow the following methods to Fix TurboTax Error most effectively.
Solution 1- Close Conflicting Programs
You need to follow these steps to fix TurboTax Error Code 1921:
- In the first place, you have to open the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously.
- Then, navigate to the processes tab.
- Now, you can click on the stop programs option by highlighting each program. Followed by that click on the end process button
- To proceed further, you need to observe if the error message is reoccurring every time you try to stop a process.
- At last, when you have identified the program causing the error, you need to reinstall the application again.
Solution 2- Update/Reinstall Conflicting Programs
Using Control Panel
- At first, you have to click on the start button in Windows 7. Then, click on the control panel. Next, click on uninstall a program option.
- Now, in Windows 8, click on the start button, and then you need to click on the result.
- Further, click on uninstall a program option.
- After that, you can click on the problem program.
- Next, click on the update or uninstall option.
- If you want to update the process, you need to follow the procedure required for updating.
In case if you have selected the option to uninstall the software, follow the instructions for uninstalling and then re-download. If needed, you may use the application’s installation disk for reinstalling the conflicting programs.
Using Other Methods
- In Windows 7, click on the star icon to see the list of installed programs. Now, you need to choose to uninstall the program option under the list utility.
- Similarly, in Windows 10, click on the start icon and select the required applications.
- After that, you will see the list of features and apps on your computer system.
- At last, you have to select the program causing the runtime error. Along with this, you need to choose the option required to uninstall, or you can click advanced options to reset the application.
Are you able to troubleshoot TurboTax Error 1921 by following the above methods? If not, don’t fret! We have other ways, as well.
Solution 3- Update Virus Protection Program on PC
To fix TurboTax Error Code 1921, you need to update the virus program and run a virus scan on your computer system. Instead, you may also run a Windows update to fix the virus-related issues.
Solution 4- Re-install Runtime Libraries
You need first to uninstall the current package and then install a fresh copy with these steps to eradicate the intelligent byte error 1921:
- To begin, you need to uninstall the package available on your computer. After that, you have to highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Then, click on the uninstall runtime libraries option, and after this, you have to reboot your computer system.
- In the end, you can download the most recent package and then install it on your system.
Solution 5- Run Disk Cleanup
You have to follow these instructions to fix TurboTax Error 1921 because there are chances you have less free space on your computer:
- At first, it is of utmost importance to create a backup of your company files. Also, you need to ensure to create a space on your hard drive.
- Moving ahead, you need to clear the cache first and then reboot your system.
This will help you to run a disk cleanup.
- Next, you need to open the explorer window and right-click on your leading directory on your computer system.
- Lastly, you have to click on the properties option and click on disk cleanup.
Solution 6- Reinstall Graphics Driver
- In the first place, open the device manager option and then search for the graphic driver.
- To proceed further, you need to right-click on the video card driver.
- In the end, click on the uninstall option and restart your PC.
Solution 7- IE Related Runtime Error
- In Windows 7, to begin, you are required to first click on the start option and then navigate to the control panel.
- Now, click on internet options.
- After this step, you have to click on the ‘advanced tab’ and then click on the reset button option.
- Click on the search option in windows 8 and 10 and type the internet options. Once done, navigate to the advanced tab and click on reset.
Disable Script Debugging and Error Notifications
- To start with this method, navigate to the advanced tab and then search for a disable script debugging on the internet options.
- After that, you need to put a checkmark on the radio button.
- Now, you need to uncheck the “display a notification about every script error” option.
- Next, you need to click on apply followed by OK.
- At last, reboot your PC.
To conclude, if you have followed this blog thoroughly, then you must have resolved the TurboTax Error 1921. We have best explained the possible causes behind this error in detail. Furthermore, as mentioned above, the steps are easy to understand and can help you fix the error instantly if followed accordingly. If, due to any reason, you couldn’t fix the error code 1921 then, you must take the assistance of QuickBooks experts without wasting much time.
Dial our Toll-Free TurboTax Support Phone Number and experience the best client service.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6189