QuickBooks is one of the best accounting application across the globe. Business owners to work on QuickBooks because of its advance features. Sometimes users face a problematic issue which affects the production of the organization. One of those issues is QuickBooks Error H202 which occurs when a workstation fails to communicate with the company file and doesn’t allow the user to access it
With this post, we will help you resolve the frustrating error H202 in QuickBooks. In case you face any difficulty while going through the process, feel free to communicate with us at our toll-free number (800) 280-5969.
QuickBooks Error H202- In layman’s term
QuickBooks H-series errors is an inevitable error caused due to internal or external technical glitches. When the error occurs, it comes along with the error message that says “You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. (H202)”. Before you apply the troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks Error H202, you must know the possible causes that trigger the error most.
Do you know what triggers QuickBooks Error H202?
QuickBooks Error H202 is a problematic issue as it stops users to access their company file in multi-user mode. There are various reasons which trigger the error code. Read the points given below to know about those reasons.
- The error may occur due to damaged QuickBooks database server manager.
- User may face the error when Computer’s firewall system blocks the communication path.
- Damaged DNS Setting can also lead to the error.
- Improper hosting configuration setting triggers QuickBooks Error H202.
- Corrupted Company files could also be one of the major reason.
- QBCF Monitor or QuickBooks DBXX not running.
Hopefully, you have understood what triggers QuickBooks Error H202 most.
QuickBooks Error Message H202- In simple terms
QuickBooks Error Message H202 appears on the screen while switching to multi-user mode. The error code comes along with an error message that says, “You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. (H202)”
Before you apply the steps to troubleshoot this error, it is essential to understand the causes of Error H202.
Let’s discuss the causes which lead to Error H202.
There are numerous elements which trigger the error; some of them are mentioned below.
- The error can occur when wrong QuickBooks file host configuration or settings.
- A security Software of a firewall has blocked QuickBooks Communication.
- User may encounter the error when QuickBooks workstation fails to ping the host server.
- In case conflicting database manager conflicts with DNS Server.
- Damaged Services components or inoperative QuickBooks services can also lead to the error.
- Due to clash in multiple database server manager versions.
Why do we encounter This Error?
Users encounter H202 error due to multiple reasons. Below are some of the most common reasons.
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings could be one of the major reasons behind this error.
- The error may occur when the server computer firewall is blocking incoming and outgoing communication.
- Conflict with the DNS server can also create the issue.
- The error may occur when QuickBooks is unable to get the IP address of the host system.
- The error may occur when some internal QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor aren’t running on the server computer.
- Error H202 appears on the screen due to corrupted or damaged network data file (.ND.
You might also look: How To Start Your Online Business From Home
QuickBooks Error H202 (Top 2 Troubleshooting Methods)
Troubleshooting Method 1
- At first, create a new folder in Local disk C for storing company files.
- Copy the Company files and files with .TLG extension from the existing folder.
- Now, paste all the files in the new folder.
- Now, again try to open company files in multi-user mode.
Troubleshooting Method 2
- Download and install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool on the hosting server.
- Now, scan the folder that stores your QuickBooks Company Files.
- Note down the IP address that shows up when the QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool is running.
- Configure the firewall wall ports as instructed by the diagnostic tool.
- Follow the prompted instructions of the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Finally, try to open the QuickBooks Company Files on the system in which the H202 error occurs.
In the above post, we have provided you with the best troubleshooting method to resolve QuickBooks Error H202. For any more query, contact us at our toll-free number (800) 280-5969.