Academic writing is not a choice for students. It is compulsory for the students to work on the assignments for every subject regardless of any nature or level. The best thing the students can gain throughout academics is to learn writing skills and techniques. Students who lack writing have to face a lot of complexity for all types of assignments throughout the semester.
There are many basic mistakes that students do throughout their essay writing. Due to this, they have to face the consequences in the form of lower grades. These basic mistakes should be avoided to enhance the quality of the writing. However, it is not easy for the students to manage their activities for a variety of subjects that they have to deal with on daily basis.
In many of the cases, students fail to understand the instructions to complete their essay writing. Fail to understand the requirements leads to the production of irrelevant writing. Students can get the services of professional writers to complete their college essay writing. This would help you to understand the right procedures that must be followed for quality writing.
Today in this article, we are going to discuss some of the worst mistakes that should be avoided by the students throughout professional essay writing.
Lack Of Analysis In Writing
The basic purpose of professional essay writing is to provide a strong thesis. Once you provide the thesis statement, defend the thesis by providing logical arguments throughout essay writing. If you are writing anything about the literature, that it is good to use different reliable and relevant information to be used throughout essay writing. However, in many of the essay writings, you have to show your analytical skills by conducting credible research on the selected topics of writing.
The main mistake that students do is to fill their assignments with the same thanks stated in the books and other informational sources. This can be a part of your essay writing but it should not completely dependent on the restated information from other sources. It is necessary to analyse the same in the best possible way to provide a clear understanding of the targeted audience.
Weak Thesis Statement
Writing a strong thesis statement is a basic requirement of professional essay writing. If you fail to provide a strong thesis, then you have to face difficulties during your essay writing. The thesis statement will act as a buckle for you through which the entire essay will be attached until the end.
A thesis statement should consist of a single line. It should not exceed more than a couple of lines. It should be provided in the introductory part of the essay writing. The thesis statement acts as a summary of the argument that you are going to provide throughout the writing.
It tells the reader how significantly are you going to discuss that subject matter. It acts as a road map during writing. However, the rest of the essay writing would involve a complete detail of the selected topic.
Overuse Of Quotes
The prime objective of the research is to make understand the targeted audience about the research that you have done along with the arguments for the support. When you use too many quotes in the writing, it results in lower quality and cannot catch the eyes of the targeted audience.
However, analysis and arguments about the topic are the main and basic factor that helps the readers to get along with the writing until the end. Quotes can be used in essay writing but they should be used in a limited manner. This won’t look like an overdose of quotes throughout essay writing.
Plagiarism is a serious offence. It results in the writing when you take the ideas thoughts of someone’s work and claim and show the same as your own. Plagiarism is never tolerated by the teachers for academic writing activities regardless of any nature type. When students are guided with specific guidelines, they are clearly defined with the requirements. The guidelines include the requirements of plagiarism-free results; or else their assignment is going to be cancelled based on a high amount of plagiarism.
There are certain techniques and procedures to follow if you want to get Plagiarism free results throughout writing. Let’s see these procedures one by one so that you can get an idea of how to avoid plagiarism in your essay writing.
- First of all, it is just a misconception of the students that they cannot use the relevant informational data from other sources. You can for sure use the historical and relevant data to support your essay writing but in a specific way.
- First, you have to select the information that you want to use in essay writing. Make sure that when you are going to the information you note down each and every point that you want to include in your document.
- Once you have selected the information, it is mandatory to rephrase the information in your own words. Make sure that you do not change the exact meaning and essence of the information throughout rephrasing.
- Once you rephrased the information in your own words, it is necessary hair to provide credit to the real author of the information to avoid plagiarism.
- After rephrasing the information, you have to provide instant citation right after the provided information. The citation includes the name of the author and the year of publication of the certain information.
- Never forget to provide the references at the end of the essay writing. The references contain a complete detail of the sources. This shows the complete detail of the collected information.
Grammatical And Spelling Mistakes
Grammatical and spelling mistakes main seem nothing to the students, but they can entirely change the personality of your writing. These small mistakes can entirely change the conception of your abilities. Make sure that you develop active reading habits. This will help you to work on the grammatical and spelling gaps and perform well throughout essay writing activities.