QuickBooks Error H303 occurs on their computing devices. When users activate the multi-user mode, though. This error often occurs when the workstations are unable to retrieve the IP address of the server machine and hence lose contact with it. As a result, the screen on a specific window freezes, greatly hampering company activities. If you are having the same problem, read the entire blog to find the best remedies.
The bulk of H-series errors have similar origins and solutions. If you want a professional expert to address your problem, call our QuickBooks error support hotline at +1-(888)-293-0274.
QuickBooks is heavily used by small and medium-sized businesses, as well as independent contractors, to suit their accounting demands. In QuickBooks’ multi-user mode, users can work on the same Company File at the same time. Internal or external technical issues cause the unavoidable QuickBooks H-Series Errors. QuickBooks Error H303 occurs when a Workstation is unable to communicate with the Company file and denies users access to the Company file.
The purpose of this essay is to help you understand the fundamental causes of QuickBooks Error H303. Simple solutions for the QuickBooks H303 Error when opening the company file from a workstation simplify the resolution methods even further. You are attempting to interact with a company file on another computer, but QuickBooks is unable to connect to the server on that machine. The actual error message displayed is (H303).
Understanding the reasons of Error H303 in QuickBooks is essential before attempting to resolve it. If you are aware of the sources of QB Error H303, you may successfully remove it.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code H303?
Many variables contribute to QuickBooks Error Code H303, many of which are discussed here. Please take the actions necessary to understand the situation and resolve QB Error H303 on your own.
When you open a Company file, QuickBooks attempts to connect to the QuickBooks Server. QuickBooks Error H303 occurs when QuickBooks is unable to connect to the remote server and the company file cannot be opened.
- Incorrect hosting arrangement or QuickBooks file settings.
- QuickBooks cannot communicate because of a firewall’s security programme.
- The QuickBooks workstation is unable to ping the host computer (the IP address is unavailable). DNS Server and QuickBooks Database Manager are at odds.
- QuickBooks services that are inefficient or have faulty service elements
There is a conflict between the active Database Server Manager versions.
- QuickBooks Port is not available.
There are numerous solutions to the H series error depending on the cause. The methods for resolving H-series issues in QuickBooks (H101, H202, H303, and H505) are nearly comparable. One of the methods described below is the most effective way to resolve QuickBooks Error H303.
How to Repair QuickBooks Multi-user mode error Error H303
Let’s go over the steps for resolving issue H303 in detail, which may also be utilised to resolve other H-series error codes.
As a first step, perform a network connectivity check.
You must ping the server name and observe the response time with this method. If your network is slow to respond, it needs to be repaired.
- Turn off hosting on all workstations.
- From the workstation, ping the server name.
- Now enter the server name and press Enter.
- Check to see if the response is slow.
If the previous error remedy is ineffective, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
Step 2: Make use of a network diagnostic tool.
A network diagnostic tool will help you resolve any undiscovered QuickBooks issues that may develop while opening a company file in a shared environment.
- After downloading the utility from the official Intuit website, install it.
- Now, search the folder for the data file.
- The IP address and network interfaces should be documented.
- When you see the Open Ports button on the Firewall Status page, click it to open ports for the application.
- Open the company file now to verify if the “Error while transitioning to multi-user mode” has been resolved.
Step 3: On the hosting PC, make a new folder.
If the problem persists, take the following steps:
- On the hosting system, a new shared folder should be created.
- Make a folder and grant users access to it so they can share the company file.
- Copy the QB Database file to the newly created folder on the host machine.
- Reopen the company file in multi-user mode.
You may also read — Forgot QuickBooks payroll pin
Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager in step four.
A corrupt QuickBooks Database Server Manager might occasionally cause the Multi-user mode issue. Restarting the utility may be beneficial. Follow the steps outlined below.
- Enter “services.msc” in the Run box by pressing Windows + R, and then click OK.
- Right-click QuickBooksDB19 (2009), QuickBooksDB18 (2008), or QuickBooksDB17 (2009), depending on which version is available (2007).
- After selecting Stop, right-click once more to select Start.
- Now, turn off Windows.
- Choose to display file extensions for recognised file formats.
- Select Explore > Tools > Folder after right-clicking the Windows Start button.
- Under the View tab, uncheck the Hide Extensions of Known File Types checkbox.
- Click the View tab once more to select Show hidden files and folders.
- Clear the hidden protected files in the operating system right now.
- As soon as the alert appears, click Yes, then OK.
- Close Windows Explorer and reopen it to see if the problem has been repaired.
Step 5: Create and then remove a Network Data (.ND) file.
- After launching the Run window with the Ctrl + R keys, type *.ND into it.
- Using the right mouse button, choose the.ND file. It will display a delete option. From the menu, select “Delete.”
- After wiping, use your keyboard to bring up the Windows start menu by pressing the window key.
- Select all programmes, and then run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Then, select the scan folder tab.
- Using the Add Folder button, locate the specific corporate file.
- Then, choose the company file and click OK. The company file’s location is accessible in the associated QuickBooks company files and folder.
- To begin the scan, click the “start scan” button.
- When you’re finished, close QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 6: Access the QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Quit any background programmes that are running.
- If you already have QuickBooks Tool Hub, you can skip some of these steps. After downloading the Tool Hub file from the Intuit website, save it in the directory.
- Double-click the downloaded file with the “.exe” extension.
- Accept the licensee and agreement and follow the on-screen prompts to continue installing Tool Hub.
- After picking the finish option, you are now ready to carry out the following set of procedures.
- Navigate to the network issues tab in the QuickBooks Tool Hub that is currently active.
- From the second menu, select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a software application. If the corporate files are displayed, click Start Scan.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager will review all firewall installations and permissions.
- Close the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Tool.
- QuickBooks programmes are now available on all server workstations.
- After opening the file, you can now work on it in multi-user mode.
This blog has finally come to an end. In the preceding paragraphs, we tried our best to consolidate, present, and explain the most important facts about QuickBooks Error H303. Because this is a multi-user mode issue, it can be resolved by examining or readjusting the network setup. If you’re still having problems, we recommend contacting our QuickBooks Data services Support Team at +1-(888)-293-0274.
read more — Full Guide on How to fix QuickBooks payroll Error 40001