Outlook not starting in Window 10
Summary: In this article, we have provided effective solution to fix the error Outlook not opening in Window 10. If the error is caused due to a corrupt PST file, you can use an advance PST repair tool to repair the corrupt files.
Suffering through a problem where Outlook not opening in Window 10? There is actually no need to look frustrated because of Outlook 2019 won’t open errors. We have an article which might serve the purposes for you. After reading this article you will be able to troubleshoot lots of errors by yourself.
Outlook is a widely used application developed by Microsoft and most of Window users use Outlook as a default email client application. But what if Outlook Won’t open in Window 10 computer? There are number of users who are experiencing this issue on their Window computers. And, if you are one of them, then don’t despair.
When you select the Microsoft Outlook program from the start menu or a shortcut icon, but Outlook won’t open, the proper fix depends on what you experience and the version of Microsoft Outlook that you’re missing.
Fortunately, this issue is not too difficult to solve. There are some useful workaround that will help you to fix this error.
Error Causes Outlook Not Opening
- Problematic add-ins
- Outlook repair
- Outlook profile repair
- Window Update
How to Fix Outlook Not Opening in Window
If you use Outlook on a window computer and Outlook doesn’t open or opens with problems, try these troubleshooting steps in the order presented here, from simple to more complicated.
- Open Outlook in safe mode. If Outlook opens as expected in safe mode, the issue is likely an add-in or toolbar extension. Problematic add-ins. One or more add-ins could be conflicting with Outlook and cause the problem. Disable all add-ins and see if this resolves the issue.
- Select file > Option > Add-ins.
- In the Manage section, select Go.
- Clear the checkboxes next to the add-ins you want to disable.
- Select OK
2 Repair Outlook. The Outlook applications may be damaged. Use the built-in Microsoft Office repair utility to fix it.
- Close all Office applications.
- Go to Start > Control panel.
- Select Category view.
- In the programs sections, select Uninstall a Program.
- Right-click Microsoft office and choose change.
- Select Online repair or repair. Choose Yes if a user account control prompt appears.
3 Repair your Outlook Profile. Outlook profile can becomes corrupted, causing all sorts of problems, including Outlook not opening.
- Select File > Account Settings > Account Settings
- Go to the Email tab.
- Choose Repair to open the repair wizard (this option is not available for Outlook Exchange accounts)
- Follow the prompts to complete the wizards and restart Outlook.
4 Repair Outlook data file. If Outlook still doesn’t open, use the inbox Repair tool to find and possibly fix the problem.
- Exit Outlook
- Download and open the inbox repair tool from Microsoft.
- Select Browse and navigate to your personal folders (.pst) file, then select start.
- Choose Repair if the scan finds errors.
- When the repair is complete, restart Outlook
5 Window Update. There are also some chance where Outlook not open due to window update.
- Select the start (Windows) button from the bottom-left corner.
- Go to settings (gear icon)
- Select the updates & security icon.
- Choose the Windows update tab in the left sidebar
- Click the check for updates button.
There is one error which also occurs when this problem occurs where Outlook not opening in Window 10. PST file corruption was the error hesitates you, create error in which some of the files were corrupted. Recovering PST file was not an easy task it is time-consuming and if you are not a technical user then, recovering PST file will become a tough task. For a hassle-free solution, you have to use third-party tool, the best alternate for this solution is mentioned below.
Alternate solution for Outlook Not Opening in Window 10
An outstanding application named as Systools PST Repair Tool allows users for the hassle-free conversion and exporting process. This PST repair software is one such tool that for its powerful scanning capability. It can repair your damaged Outlook PST file & recover your hard deleted mailbox data like emails, notes, journals, calendars, contacts, etc. Moreover, this software have a user-friendly interface even non-technical user can also use this tool and it do not take your time.
Step by Step Guide for Outlook Not Opening in Window 10 Error
- Install and Run the software into your device.
- After that go the Start menu on all programs >> Systools Outlook recovery
- Once the software is launched, click on the Add File button as shown below.
- As soon as you click on the Add files button, Add file Window pop-ups to let you select one of the given option like select/search PST / BAK files.
- Click on the select file Radio button and browse the PST file click on the button.
- Now, browse the desired PST file, select it and click on open button.
- If you repair and recover Outlook. BAK file creates by ScanPST from the location and click on Open Button.
- The source file location will be displayed in the textbox near the browse location.
- Then, Search-select drive.
- Search selected Drive to get all the PST/BAK file stored in particular local drive. Press Search button.
- Search all drive. After selecting all drives to get all the PST/BAK files stored in all drives in your system. Press search button.
- Click on when search successfully completed message Pops up.
- After the searching process is completed, the software display the list of PST and BAK files stored in the drives in the system as shown.
- Browse a location on the system and click on the export button to convert Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook file.
- Next, add the resultant PST file into Microsoft Outlook with the help of import/export wizards and view IBM notes.
After considering user’s query what to do when Outlook not opening or starting in Window 10. In this technical write-up, we have illustrated two approaches through which a user can easily access their Outlook without facing kind of problem.