When you think of a removalist, what usually comes to mind is the physical aspect of loading and unloading furniture, but there’s a lot more they can do for you. Here are seven things a removalist is capable of:
- Packing:Depending on your move’s scope, you may need to help pack your belongings. A professional removalist can have everything boxed and ready to go quickly. You will want to ensure you have the right boxes and packing materials for what you need to be moved. Packing is a burden, especially if you have many things to bring, but a removalist can make this task a breeze. Just remember that they may charge extra for this service.
- Storage: Depending on the company, some removalists can offer you storage solutions if you need to store items while waiting for your new home or until it is ready to move into. A few removalists even offer climate-controlled units to protect more delicate items such as electronics and antiques. A secured storage solution is crucial for your belongings, especially when you’re in the process of packing and moving.
- Disassembly/Assembly:Not all furniture can fit through doorways or tight spaces and require disassembly before moving day. If true, a removalist can take care of it for you. They’re well-equipped with the necessary tools and will disassemble and reassemble the furniture so you can be sure it’s done properly and safely.
Fact: The history of the first removalists dates back to 16th century England, where horse-drawn wagons were used for moving furniture. It was necessary for those who had to move from one setting to another due to natural disasters, conflict, or changes of residence.
- Moving:Most people think of this when they hear “Adelaide removalist“, but this service has many different aspects. Moving involves loading, transporting, unloading, and setting up the furniture in the new home. This can be difficult if you don’t have the right equipment for moving heavier items or items with awkward shapes. Removalists are trained to handle these pieces of furniture safely and efficiently, ensuring that your move is stress-free and damage-free.
- Insurance:Insurance can be a great way to afford yourself peace of mind if you move valuable items. Most removalists have some cover to reimburse you if anything gets damaged during the move. Ask your particular company what they offer, and don’t forget to read the small print.
- Cleaning:You may be responsible for cleaning the property you are leaving, especially if it is part of a rental agreement. Many removalists offer cleaning services to make this process much easier and faster. This can include vacuuming, dusting, mopping and even window washing so that your old home looks as good as new. This is another service that may incur extra costs, so make sure to ask about it before you commit.
- Unpacking:When you reach your new home, there’s nothing more tiring than having to unpack all your boxes. Luckily, some removalists also offer unpacking services so that everything can be put away in its proper place quickly and easily. All you need to do is point out where things belong.
An Adelaide removalist can do much more than move your furniture from one place to another. By understanding what services they offer, you can maximize the use of their skills and ensure a successful move. With the right removalist and services, you don’t have to worry about the stress of packing or cleaning up. Be sure to find a trustworthy and well-established company to assist you in making your move as hassle-free as possible.