Script error in QuickBooks may occur when a user tries to access a webpage from the QuickBooks application. QuickBooks is undoubtedly the best accounting application. Though it is the most advanced software still technical issues in the program are common. The error basically occurs due to the unaccommodating settings of your internet browser.
Are you confused because of the QuickBooks script error? If yes, then go through the complete blog. Here we will discuss how to resolve the error quickly with the best troubleshooting solutions.
What is QuickBooks Script Error? – Explanation
Whenever the error occurs, it comes along with an error message that says,
“An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 22 char 2 error…”
“QuickBooks script error for line 7 char 5”
“QuickBooks script error unable to get property length of undefined or Null reference. “
The QuickBooks script error is related to Internet Explorer; therefore, it can’t damage your files or cause loss of QuickBooks data. The best way to troubleshoot this error is to know the background of the error and the primary reasons behind the QuickBooks Script Error.
What are the possible causes of QuickBooks Script Error?
The error may occur due to a plethora of various reasons. Some of those common reasons are listed below.
- The error may occur when you try to import data from a non-existing account.
- Users may encounter the error while importing an invoice that has different account details from assets.
- Maybe you are inserting the account name and number that are already used, which leads to the error message.
- Corrupted window users can be one of the reasons.
- If the QuickBooks data file is damaged, then the user can encounter such an error.
- Script error can also occur due to active X components.
- Malware infection in your system.
- If the script debugging feature is enabled, then also the error can occur.
- The error may occur when the default browser’s cache folder is full or corrupted.
- When you are leading QuickBooks Online, you will face process time out.
- Your window may block while you try to sign up.
- Your system or internet may run slowly.
- QuickBooks Script Error flashes on the screen.
- You won’t be able to access a webpage.
Note: You will love to read the troubleshooting concept of QuickBooks Error H202
Top 10 Troubleshooting Solutions for QuickBooks Script Error
Troubleshooting Solution 1
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the tools section.
- Click on Internet options & then go to the general
- Now, click on the Delete option under browsing history.
- After that, checkmark all the options like cookies, history& temporary internet files.
- Finally, click on apply and then OK.
Troubleshooting Solution 2
- At first, open Internet Explorer.
- Secondly, go to the tools section.
- Thirdly, select Internet options.
- Fourthly, choose the programs tab and click on manage add-ons.
- Lastly, select the disable add-ons function & click
Troubleshooting Solution 3
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer and click on tools.
- Now, select Internet Options and click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on Reset to default.
- Lastly, click on apply & OK button.
Troubleshooting Solution 4
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon.
- Move to the tools section on the internet explorer browser and then locate the security tab.
- Now, the user needs to click on the trusted sites and then select the sites
- Next, enter the HTTP://*.Intuit.comand then click on add tab in the Add this website to the zone field.
- Further, the user needs to carry out the steps for HTTPS://*.quickbooks.com.
- To proceed, click on close and get out of the window of the trusted site.
- You must select the custom level and then scroll down to miscellaneous.
- Choose enable under the allow cross-domain requests and click on OK
- To close the internet options window, click on the apply button and OK
- Finally, reboot the internet explorer and apply changes.
Troubleshooting Solution 5
- Go to the Internet options in Internet Explorer and click on the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down below to two options (Disable Script debugging Internet Explorer & Disable script debugging other)
- Check both the options and click on apply & OK button.
Troubleshooting Solution 6
- In your control panel, you must locate the plugins installed.
- After that, reinstall all the plugins like JAVA, ADOBE FLASH, and .Net framework.
Troubleshooting Solution 7
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer and go to Options.
- Click on Settings and then click on View Objects.
- After that check, all ActiveX files are currently installed in your system.
- Locate file name starting with qboax such as qboax11 or dll
- Make sure to close all Internet Explorer running windows and then delete the located files from the system.
Troubleshooting Solution 8
Create a fresh new user with equal admin rights to stop getting QuickBooks script errors. This solution is only applicable when the error occurs with every web source.
Troubleshooting Solution 9
Resolve the error message by configuring the security settings of a third-party application.
Troubleshooting Solution 10
- Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded file on your system.
- Now, open the tool make sure to run the tool.
- Wait patiently for the tool to complete its task.
- Once the task is accomplished, open the company file and check if the error is resolved.
In this post, we have discussed the best solutions to fix Script Error in QuickBooks. The error is related to Internet Explorer; therefore, users must fix the error message quickly. Otherwise, they won’t be able to access a webpage from the application.