A million users use QuickBooks as their financial accounting software to track their business activities. This software has gained popularity all over the world because of having amazing features and functionalities. Apart from this, QB users might face different types of error codes while working on the software. QuickBooks Error 3180 is one of such error codes that can take place while accessing QuickBooks payroll.
The main motive of the post is to make you aware of QuickBooks Error 3180. You need to go through the whole post to apply effective solutions.
What does QuickBooks Error 3180 indicate?
QuickBooks status code 3180 usually appears when you are working on QuickBooks Enterprise, Point of Sale, or QuickBooks Desktop. In addition to this, you have to experience the same error code during the financial exchange between the QuickBooks Desktop and POS. One of the following error messages may pop up on your screen.
“Sales tax detail line must have a vendor.”
“There was an error when saving an employee list.”
What May Cause QuickBooks Error 3180?
Well, numerous causes might lead to the QuickBooks status code 3180. Here, we will be discussing a few of them so that you can wisely choose solutions to fix the same.
- Because of an incorrect accounting mapping of the sales tax payable account, you may face QuickBooks error 3180.
- When you have used the sales tax payable account to create payout, this might cause the same error.
- If you are using the sales tax payable account as the target account, the error might pop up.
- The sales tax item has not been linked to any of the vendors.
How Can You Resolve QuickBooks Error 3180?
After knowing about QuickBooks status code 3180, you should look into the following solutions to fix it. Or, you can take the assistance of our certified experts to resolve the same issue.
Solution 1: Verify the tax preference in QB POS
- Firstly, choose the File menu and click on Preferences.
- After that, select Company and choose Accounts.
- Select both Basic and Advanced tabs and make sure that the sales tax payable has been listed as ‘Only’.
- Finally, modify it as ‘Only’ for entries and try to run a financial exchange.
Solution 2: Recreating Voucher & Rechecking the Accounts
- The first step is to reverse the voucher.
- After that, you need to recreate it and run the financial exchange.
- Go to the ‘Home’ page and then select the Sales History option.
- You need to check all the affected items and write them down.
- Click on the Home section and then choose the Item List option.
- Now, choose the Edit option.
- Make sure that you have properly set the account mapping.
- Finally, click the Save option.
Solution 3: Make Sure to Assign the Vendor to the Sales Tax Item
- The first step is to launch QuickBooks and then click on Lists.
- After that, select the Item List and tap on Include Inactive.
- Next, sort the list with the help of the Type Header.
- Finally, ensure that you have attached a tax agency to all sales tax items.
Also Read: Fix QuickBooks OLSU 1013 error
Here, you came to the end of this informative post regarding QuickBooks Error 3180. Hopefully, the error has been fixed after applying any of the above-mentioned solutions. If for any cause, you are still going through the same issue and unable to fix it, call our QuickBooks experts to get technical help.
You may call us at our toll-free ebetterbooks Error Support Phone Number 1-860-215-2261.