No doubt, QuickBooks is a powerful accounting application. But, certain errors and glitches make it hard for users to work on it. Here we are talking about one such error known as QuickBooks unrecoverable error that appears during various instances. The error is of random nature, due to which it shows up with different error messages and codes. Before you implement the solutions to fix it, understand the root causes that trigger QuickBooks Desktop unrecoverable error. Other sections of the article will brief you on causes as well as quick ways to fix the issue.
If you are not willing to read the complete article to troubleshoot QuickBooks Unrecoverable error, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 for direct and effective assistance
Instances when unrecoverable error appear in QuickBooks
- Creating and closing a company file
- Downloading a payroll update
- Creating a backup
- Creating a portable file and company file
- Running Verify or Rebuild
- Saving a transaction
- Sending a payroll via Direct Deposit
Causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Enterprise unrecoverable error
Below are the most prominent causes behind the unrecoverable error in QuickBooks:
- QuickBooks program is not updated to the latest release.
- Windows users are damaged or do not have admin rights.
- QuickBooks monitor service is running on the workstation, not hosting the company file.
You may read also : QuickBooks Subscription Has Lapsed
Tested Methods to Fix QuickBooks Desktop unrecoverable error
Method 1. Find out the damaged users and recreate them
Try opening the company file with different login credentials. If the error shows up with one specific user, it indicates that user credentials might be damaged, and you need to recreate it.
To recreate a regular damaged user:
- Go to the QuickBooks company menu and choose Set Up Users and Passwords.
- Click Set Up Users, then Add User and enter login credentials.
- Click Next, customize the user and then click Finish.
- Select the File menu, choose Company/Log off and then open the company file using new login credentials.
To recreate the damaged admin user:
- Close company files open in QuickBooks and then quit the application.
- Open Intuit’s official website, download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save the file to a place you can easily access.
- Double-click to open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from the saved location and follow the steps you see on the screen.
- Mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to install the QB Tool Hub successfully on the PC.
- When the installation is finished, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will show up on the screen. Double-click the icon to open the tool hub and select the Company File Issues tab.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor, scroll the drop-down to choose your company file and select the Check your file option.
- Choose Continue, enter login details and then click Next.
Method 2. Resolve unrecoverable error by suppressing QuickBooks application
While launching QuickBooks:
- On your keyboard, tap and hold the Ctrl key, then double-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Keep holding the keys until you see the No Company Open window.
While opening the company file in QuickBooks:
- From the No Company Open window, choose your company file, then tap and hold the Alt key.
- Choose Open, enter the login details when prompted and release the Alt key.
- Enter user name and password, tap and hold the Alt key, then click OK.
- Keep holding the Alt key until the company file opens completely.
Method 3. Troubleshoot QuickBooks issues by running Quick Fix my Program from the QB Tool Hub
- If QuickBooks Tool Hub is closed, open it again by double-clicking the icon and choose the Program Problems tab.
- Click Quick Fix my Program and let it run to resolve issues related to the program.
- Wait till it completes, then start QuickBooks and open your company file.
Method 4. Repair QuickBooks by running the Install Diagnostic Tool from the QB Tool Hub
- Select the Installation Issues tab from the QuickBooks Tool Hub and click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Let the tool run and wait till it finishes. After that, open QuickBooks and then your company file.
Method 5. Create a new user on Windows with admin rights
- Select the Windows Start menu, then Settings and then Accounts.
- Click Family & other users, go to the Other Users section and add someone else to this PC.
- Select the I don’t have this person’sign-in information option, then click Add a user without a Microsoft account and enter the name of the new account.
- Click Finish, select the account you created and select Administrator as the Account Type.
Method 6. Open sample company file in QuickBooks and copy it to a different location
- On the No Company Open window, click Open a sample file and choose any sample file from the list.
- Move to your Windows Desktop, create a new folder and name it as QBTEST.
- Locate and open the folder where company files are saved, then right-click the company file.
- Select the Copy option, paste the copied file to the QBTEST folder you created and then open this company file.
Method 7. Repair Microsoft .NET Framework or reinstall it
- Close all open programs, tap the Windows key on your keyboard and select the Windows Start menu.
- Within the Windows search field, type Control Panel and open it.
- Move to Programs and Features, click Uninstall a Program and choose Uninstall a Program.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off and search .NET Framework on the list.
- Go to Programs and Features, choose Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and click Uninstall/Change.
- Select Repair, then Next and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- When the repair is finished, restart your PC and open QuickBooks.
Through this article, we aim to provide you with the best guidance in resolving QuickBooks Unrecoverable error. Implementing the troubleshooting methods given above will help surely help you fix the error. If you are struck, or the error reappears, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : Reset QuickBooks Password