We can’t neglect the fact that QB has become a must-have software for small & mid-sized businesses. Due to its vast features on a single platform, it makes accounting, invoice Maintenance & Billing processes a whole lot simpler. But while using the program, you can run into many issues that you may be unaware of. “QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working” is also a possible error that you might encounter on your screen while using QuickBooks. This error strikes when you try to access the company file in multi-user mode where the company file is saved on the server and you try to access it from a workstation connected to the server. If you also came across this error, you are in the right place, looking for a way out. We have detailed solutions which will assist you in fixing it.
Troubleshooting such issues can be a little complex sometimes. We have a team of experts always ready to help you tackle QB errors. Reach them at our toll free number. 24/7
Causes of QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working Error in QB
Reasons that could be causing this error on your software can be the hosting settings you have on your QuickBooks. Sometimes, it doesn’t allow specific permissions to the QuickBooks file, which may lead to this error.
Or it can be just because of some corrupted files that can be repaired using the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
We have simplified these things for you.
Solutions to Quickly Tackle the Situation-
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool in it. This will let the software find the error itself and resolve it automatically.
Let’s start by installing QuickBooks Tool Hub. You can refer to the steps below to do the same-
- Go to the official Intuit website and search QuickBooks Tool Hub there and if you can’t
- find it on the website, click the Help tab in QuickBooks and select the QuickBooks Tool Hub option.
- Locate the download link and click it to begin the download process.
- Install it and launch the program using the desktop icon.
- Find the “Installation Issues” option and click on it.
- Let the process complete till the software finds out and fixes the issues.
Try restarting QuickBooks, and if it functions smoothly, then the “QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working” issue is fixed; if you see the error again, we have another solution for you.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6106
Solution 2: Some of your windows account settings need to be changed
You might have to change some permission settings, which is not possible from a regular account you’re currently logged in with. You will have to log in through the administrator account. Below are steps you can follow to activate your Administrator account.
- Click the Windows start button at the bottom left of your screen.
- Type “CMD” in the search bar when the menu opens.
- When you see the CMD option on the menu, right-click on it and select the option” Run as Administrator.”
- When the command window opens, type “net user administrator /active:yes “ as a command and then press enter.
- Click the Windows start button again and select sign out, you’ll get signed out of your regular account.
- You’ll see options to log into different accounts, Select Administrator.
Now you are logged in through your administrator account, and changing user permissions will not be difficult from here. Still, we’ve got the solutions in steps for you.
- Click on the “Windows start button”.
- Type “file explorer” on the search bar. You can also open My Computer or This PC to access the C: drive.
- Open the C: drive, and you’ll see a folder named program files.
- Open program files and search for common folder.
- Right-click on the common folder and select properties.
- A new window will come up, and you’ll see a security tab on top of it. Click on the tab.
- Now find the Users option below ‘Group and username’ and click on it.
- You’ll see a set of permissions after clicking on Users. Allow all the permissions like Modify, read, write, List folder contents, Read & execute.
- Apply these settings and click Ok.
After all this, you can reinstall QuickBooks and sign in back to your regular account. You’ll have to log in the same way as you did with your administrator account.
- Click Start Button.
- Sign out of your administrator account and sign in again with your regular account.
Click Windows Start Button.
- Type “CMD” in the search bar. When you see the option for CMD, right-click on it and select “Run as Administrator.”
- When the command window opens up, type” net user administrator /active:no” as a command and then press enter.
If QuickBooks starts smoothly, the issue is resolved; otherwise, you can refer to another solution.
Solution 3: Repairing and reinstalling windows components like Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft MSXML file
It is also possible that the error “QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working” maybe because of your damaged or corrupted windows file. Until & unless you know the IT field, it is not recommended for you to try this by yourself.
QuickBooks uses some of the Microsoft programs to function correctly. Any issue in those components can also lead to this error. To solve this, you need to repair or reinstall files like Microsoft .net Framework and Microsoft MSXML.
Software-related issues are a little tricky to understand, but we tried out best to bring out every detail and share it with you in the best way possible. After you read this blog thoroughly, we hope you might have got your issues resolved. We tried to cover every aspect from the Causes to Solutions you can refer to fix “QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working” error.
If you find this complex & time-consuming, our team of experts is reachable anytime at our toll free number.
You may read also : QuickBooks Unexpected Error