Have you encountered QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks couldn’t load the license data on your QuickBooks when you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop? An error message displays on your screen when the company file is either damaged or missing. Eliminating the error 3371 might be a daunting task for many QuickBooks users. It strikes up because of an outdated Windows operating system. Besides, a damaged or missing windows component can also be a reason. Well, you don’t need to worry about all this. This article will discuss the triggers and some quick fixes that can help you get rid of error code 3371.
You can eradicate this error at the earliest by following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in this article. However, for professional assistance, ring up at our Toll-Free number and speak to our technical experts.
What Factors Lead To QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
Here, we have talk over some of the significant factors that may lead to QuickBooks error 3371 in your system:
- Missing File Qbregistration.dat: The installation file includes the license info you usually store on the hard drive. If this file gets damaged somehow, then the error may take place.
- Damaged or lost MSXML component: MSXML is amongst the vital features offered by Microsoft. QuickBooks desktop needs it for running on the system. If any damage occurs to this file, it will be tedious for the users to access the QB accounting software.
- If you encounter any hindrance from the Anti-Virus program, QuickBooks Error 3371 will strike up.
- The chances for Error 3371 are enhanced when a user attempts to start up the file without saving it.
- Another reason that can trigger this error code is partial or incomplete windows updates.
What Points Must You Remember Before Resolving QuickBooks License Error 3371?
The user needs to make sure that he has updated the Windows as per the latest version. If you haven not installed the latest windows updates, then the QuickBooks desktop installation can fail. Therefore, the user can install windows updates by following these steps:
- Firstly, click on the windows icon.
- Then, select the all programs option, and click on windows update.
- After that, you need to install QuickBooks.
- Additionally, you need to ensure if your windows operating system is corrupted or not.
You may also read this blog : QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working
Effective Resolutions Methods To Fix Error 3371 In QuickBooks:
Are you looking for troubleshooting solutions that can help you tackle the error with much ease? You may follow the below-listed steps for best results:
Method 1: Delete the Ecml File
- At first, simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Next, a window pops up on your screen.
- And, then you need to copy and paste here.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- It will help the user spot Window explorer as the next location.
- Further, the user needs to remove the ECML file. Then, you have to right-click and select the Delete option.
- Now, close the window option.
- Once done, Run QuickBooks and Register the product again.
After you have followed this method, the chances of eliminating this error are high. If somehow you get stuck, move to the next process to get rid of error.
Method 2: Update your Windows OS
If you haven’t installed the Windows upgrades, the error will occur even after carrying out the above steps. In such a case, you can go with these steps:
- Firstly, you have to click on the Start button.
- Further, click again to check for updates.
- After you have successfully updated, you need to reinstall QuickBooks desktop again.
In case the error persists, the below-mentioned steps might help.
- QuickBooks component repair tool will help to fix common installation errors.
- You may also perform a clean install of QuickBooks desktop.
If the above method does not work for you, we have another way to try the below methods.
Method 3: Perform a Clean Install
It might be possible that none of the methods worked in your favor; in such a case, follow these steps to fix QuickBooks Error 3371:
- At first, you have to install the latest Windows update.
- Then, click on the All Program tab, followed by Windows Update options.
- After that, you need to complete the Upgrades of all the windows updates and get ready to set up QuickBooks software.
- For resolving the errors that may come up, follow the steps mentioned below:
- You have to recreate the damaged entitlementDataStore.ecml file and solve the license & registration issues.
- Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks desktop by clicking on reinstall.
Method 4: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- In the first place, you have to download QuickBooks Tool Hub and open it.
- After that, select the Installation Issues available in the tools hub.
- There, you have to choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and run it.
- Although it might be a time-consuming process, let the tool detect the problem.
- Once the tool finishes the task, restart your PC.
Method 5: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- At first, you need to shut the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer.
- After that, navigate to the Program Problems tab and select the Quick Fix my Program option.
- Next, click, OK.
- Further, open QuickBooks and the required data file.
- The tool will assist in resolving license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks desktop to recreate the damaged file.
Still, need help?
Well, you don’t need any rocket science to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 3371. Instead, you have to implement any of the above-described methods. However, if you feel that the above-shown steps are time-consuming and need an expert’s assistance, we suggest you contact the QuickBooks Error Solutions Support team at Our Toll Free number.
Related Search Terms : Error 3371 could not initialize license properties, Fatal Error: QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup, How to fix QuickBooks error 3371, I have received the on start up [error 3371, QuickBooks 2016 & WIN 7 Error 3371, QuickBooks error 3371 new hard drive, QuickBooks error 3371 status code 1, QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11104, quickbooks error 3371 status code 11118, Quickbooks point of sales error 3371, StatusCode -11118
You can read our other related articles on Postingtree.com