QuickBooks comprises enormous crucial data, and no company can afford to bear the expense of losing critical financial information. ‘Move QuickBooks Company File to a New Computer’ is another repeatedly questioned inquiry by the users. The base of this query is that the users want to transfer the Company File from one computer to another. You’ll find everything from basic tricks to professionally & securely moving the data. We’ve listed down some prerequisite steps and pathways which you can employ to do so.
Call us at ‘1.855.738.2784’ and get in touch with the industry-leading QuickBooks professionals to resolve all your errors instantly. Our professionals will also transfer all the data from one system to another in a safe manner.
Prerequisites before moving the QuickBooks Company File
You can consider the below-listed points as obligatory requirements for executing the company file transfer. Here’s what you need to take care of before proceeding with the moving process:
- One of the most vital things is that you must have the same version of QuickBooks on your old computer and your new computer.
- You need to transfer the QuickBooks license and the QuickBooks registration information from your old system to the new system.
- The name of the company file must be changed in the old computer so that you must assuredly transfer the correct file.
- The payroll tax tables must be updated to the latest released versions.
- Always ensure to take a backup of the company file as well as of other essential data of the QuickBooks or bound to QuickBooks.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 163
Steps to Move QuickBooks Company File to a New Computer
Transferring specific data without losing any of it can be challenging, and hence the very first step is to take a backup of your company file and other vital data. Once you have thoroughly executed this particular step, then you are ready to proceed further. We have listed two solutions you can implement to move the company files from one system to another.
Solution 1: Take a backup of the company file in the old computer and restores it to the new one.
- The initial step is to switch to QuickBooks from multi-user mode to single-user mode.
- Create a backup of the QuickBooks company file.
- Insert an external storage device such as a USB drive or an external hard drive.
- The company files you backed up are copied and pasted into the external storage device.
- See if the company file has been successfully copied.
- Safely remove the external storage device and plug it into the new system.
- Launch the QuickBooks on the new system and restore the backup by employing the opener restore company option, which you will find under the file menu.
Follow these steps to move QuickBooks company file to a new computer efficiently. Transferring data is always risky, so we suggest you call the trusted experts at ‘1.855.738.2784’ and let them deal with all your problems affiliated with QuickBooks.