Do you want to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 1926? Do you have any information about such an error, and why does it appear on a screen? There are multiple folders available in QuickBooks, which contain different documents and data. In addition, if you are working on the company file, you require permission from the host computer to open the files and folders in QuickBooks.
Sometimes there is no proper permission accessible for the other users to open any folders in QuickBooks, but if you try to open that specific folder, you will get a QuickBooks error code 1926. Mainly the folders or files that are inaccessible in QuickBooks due to lack of permission from the host or admin. T, whenever you try to open that file of the folder, you will get this error on your screen. In this article, you will find the methods of troubleshooting the error and why it appears on your screen.
Read Also: Stepwise guide to fix QuickBooks Error H303
List of reasons that can cause QuickBooks to install error 1926
- Sometimes the host computer does not allow you to open the private files in the QuickBooks, and if you try to open that particular file in which access is denied, you will get this error in your system.
- There is another possibility that the admin computer may destroy the folder you are trying to open; you will also get this QuickBooks error 1926.
- When the file you are trying to open is available in the password-protected area of the company file system, which can also lead to the same error.
Troubleshooting Methods for QuickBooks Error Code 1926
Check out these quick methods in order to resolve the QuickBooks error code 1926:
Method 1: Requesting information from the admin
The primary reason you might get QuickBooks error 1926 is the lack of permission from the host or admin to open the specific file or document in your QuickBooks. If you are an employee or a worker of that company, you can easily ask or request permission to access that particular folder that is not opening and getting you such an error.
Once the admin gives you the permission and accessibility to open all the files and folders in your QuickBooks company files, you can open all the folders that you were not able to open and get this error.
Method 2: Running the application as an administrator
By running the QuickBooks application as administrator, you can nullify the QuickBooks error message 1926 and open the inaccessible files but change a few settings.
- At first, you have to shut down all the applications running in the background regarding QuickBooks by entering the task manager.
- You can Press the Control + Shift + Delete keys to open the task manager and then find all the applications regarding QuickBooks and close it by pressing end process one by one.
- Once you are done with this procedure, you can now open QuickBooks from the right click.
- You will see an option to run as an administrator.
- You will get an opportunity to open this application as an administrator permanently.
- Again, right-click on the application, and you will find the properties at the bottom.
- A new dialogue box will appear on the screen, and you will get an option of compatibility.
- After clicking on compatibility, you will find an option to run the software as an administrator.
- By this process, whenever you open QuickBooks, it will always run as administrator.
- Now, after applying on that administrator button, you can click the Apply button and press OK.
This error gets on your screen when there is a lack of permission to open or access any file the host computer does not allow you to open. Also, there are any password-protected files; if you try to open them secretly, you will get this QuickBooks error code 1926.
However, this error does not affect any of the data or services from QuickBooks, and it can easily be tackled by following a few techniques and methods listed above. Also, you can take help from our QuickBooks error support expert regarding this problem if you are unable to resolve the issue by contacting our helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347.