Decluttering & Professional Organiser Course
| Delivered Virtually by Kate – A Tidy Mind Founder & APDO Trainer
You may like to take up Professional Organiser mentoring & coaching if:
you feel daunted about where to start & what to prioritise when setting up your business
you’d like to know what to expect & an insight into what running the business may be like, day to day
you need advice on how to market & ultimately gain dream clients
you want to know about how to make social media work for you
you’d like to explore the different industry specialisms & income streams
you need to work on your confidence & mindset
How does it work?
Professional organiser course takes place in 1 hour sessions. You can have one decluttering course or as many as you need. . They are completely flexible and bespoke to you. Prior to the session, you’ll be asked for the main questions & discussion points you want to include, so you get the utmost out of every minute of the session.
” Kate gave me so many tips & value. You don’t know what you don’t know! I have a clear plan & an action list & I’m finally moving forward with my business” Ms P
£50 per 1 hour session (prior email discussion is included in the fee)
If you’re interested in running your own version of A Tidy Mind, check out the franchise page.
Decluttering Course at Atidy Mind
Mentoring is delivered virtually by video call or phone. Fill in the contact form below to inquire arrange a session.
Work with an A Tidy Mind professional organiser because:
- We are particularly experienced in working with people who feel overwhelmed,
- We listen to you and empathise,
- We use a range of coaching techniques. This is about teaching you how to maintain your new clutter-free, organised space,
- We are extremely competitive on cost and there are no ‘add on’ charges,
- We always offere a free, face to face consultation before you commit,
- If you want to declutter and stage before you sell your home or move house, we have helped many clients do just that (with minimal stress),
- Decluttering is important but it’s not the whole picture. We can help you find storage solutions and develop habits and routines,
- Any client of A Tidy Mind gets lifetime FREE access to a huge range of online organisational planners & checklists from www.tidyhabits.co.uk
- We support charities widely. We donate to a wide variety of local & national projects (at no extra cost to you),
- We are experienced and trained to work with people on the Hoarding Disorder spectrum,
- As well as decluttering and organising, we can help you sell your home, move house or give you a PA!,
- If you have paperwork to sort out, we’re experts at this as well as putting together an effective filing system,
- You will be treated as an individual. The work can take place slowly or quickly in line with you pace YOU need,
- We’ll empower you. It’s about helping you change your mindset and teaching you new skills,
- If you have suffered a bereavement and how have to clear the home, we can sensitively and practically help,
- Have items in a storage unit? We can help with this.
Founder of A Tidy Mind
Professional Declutterer, Organiser & Life Coach
Ultimately, I have always been motivated by helping people to improve their lives. From as far back as I remember, I wanted to talk my family and friends through their problems and give practical and emotional support.
This motivated me to start studying Psychology 20 years ago and work in the mental health sector. Then I worked as Life Coach with people who felt “stuck” enabling them to set and achieve goals and make huge, positive life changes .
I then took these skills into a career as a Probation Officer 15 years ago. As I worked with individuals for whom life had taken the wrong path, I realised that creating a comfortable, organised home environment is a vital stabilising factor for us.
Shelter is one of our basic human needs. Our home doesn’t have to be perfect – but our environment is a key element to a calm, motivated mind. If we have too much “stuff” and live in disorder, we lose track of what is and isn’t important. This can create overwhelm, which is a huge energy drainer.
There was a time when I was overwhelmed by the amount of ‘stuff’ in my life. My home was too full and my mind was too. Decluttering my life was what saved me – creating calm and bringing joy to the every day.
Following my experience, I decided to train as a Professional Organiser and to found A Tidy Mind in order to help those who are overwhelmed by clutter & disorganisation. It’s not just about physical things – mental clutter can play a big part too. The aim is always to create more calm and contentment. I want clients to fall in love with their homes and look forward to their future.
With A Tidy Mind, I wanted to combine practicality with emotional support and helping people take action so I developed a multi faceted way of working with clients – combining expertise in time management, decluttering, storage, habits, routines and styling alongside a range of coaching and counselling techniques. This really is a holistic approach aimed at transforming your life.
am now a big believer in // SIMPLICITY //
Once we start to live more simply, we lead healthier, more satisfied lives. Simple isn’t always easy to implement though and that’s where A Tidy Mind can help.
As far as qualifications go, I have degrees in both Psychology and Social Work and am a qualified Life Coach. I have completed two training courses with APDO (Association of Professional Declutterers & Organisers) and served on their Board for 2 years. I have completed the Certified Home Staging & Styling Professional Course and Hoarding Awareness For Professional Practitioners courses. The most important training for this kind of work probably comes from ‘the university of life’ however and involves being able to connect and empathise with clients, tuning into exactly what they need.
Everyone who is part of the team at A Tidy Mind is trained to the same high level and has the right personality for this work.
Some potential clients worry about their declutter coach being shocked by their homes or feel ashamed.