There are times when you just walk from one room to another, handing your phone. And suddenly, our phone starts losing the signals. We can all relate to this situation. But what can we do about this? Well, there is a solution to eliminate those annoying dead corners, Netgear Wifi Extender Setup. You may simply need to install the Netgear Extender, where it is difficult to find the wifi signals. And then you can just sit and enjoy the seamless wifi network. Not just wifi, but you can also use the ethernet connection to connect your device to the Netgear Extender.
Also, this device is very user-friendly. You can set it up on your own without the help of an expert. With this guide, we will guide you through the installation and login process of your Netgear Extender device.
Installing the Netgear Wifi Extender Setup-
- First, place your Netgear Wifi Extender in the same room as your ISP modem.
- Then, connect the extender to a power socket. And press the power button on.
- Wait for the Power LED on your extender to turn on green.
- Now, connect the extender with the ISP modem. You can connect the extender and the modem in two ways: using the WPS button or by using an Ethernet cable.
- Press the WPS button on the Netgear extender and press the WPS button on the modem within two minutes.
- Now, wait for the Router Link LED to turn on green.
2. Connect using an Ethernet wire-
- To begin with, connect one end of the Ethernet cable into the LAN port of the extender and another end into the LAN port on the modem.
- Then, wait for the Router link LED to turn on green.
- Following this, open a device ( Laptop, computer, or phone) and go to its wifi manager.
- Here, look for the Netgear extender’s SSID and connect to it using the default login details. Next, wait for the Device Link LED to turn on green.
Note- You can check for the default network log-in details on the router label.
- Once you connect your device to the extender’s network, then open an internet browser on it and go to www.mywifiext.net.
- On the login page, enter your Netgear admin username and password.
- Hit the Login button.
- Now, on your admin dashboard, go to the Networks option.
- A prompt opens to show all the available networks.
- Select the network you want to extend and then enter the passphrase key for this network.
- After that, you need to create the new network name and password for the extended network.
- Lastly, the extender restarts itself and disconnects all the devices.
- Once you create the extended network for the primary network, you can log in to it.
- Connect your device to the new extended network using the login details. ( use the login details created in the previous steps).
- Now, you can disconnect the extender from the power socket and move it to where you face wifi issues the most.
- Plugin the extender device again and turn its power on.
You can move the extender to any spot, but make sure it stays in the primary router’s network range. Check the Router link LED when you move the extender. If it remains green, the extender is in the ISP router’s network range. However, if the LED turns amber or red, the extender is losing the wifi signals from the main router during the movement.
- Now, connect your device again and wait for the Device Link LED to turn on green. (In case Device link LED turns on amber or red, move the devices close to each other)
Here, complete the installation of the extender. Now, you can log in to it.
Login to the Netgear Extender device-
If you want to check the connected devices, update the firmware of your extender device, change the SSID or password for a network, you can do anything.
These are the directions that you can follow to log in to your extender device-
- Connect your device to the extender’s network. And wait for the Device Link LED on your extender to turn on green.
- And then open an internet browser on it.
- Then go to www.mywifiext.net.
- Enter your admin and password to log in to your account on the Netgear extender’s admin login page.
- Lastly, hit the enter button, and you’re good to go.
Troubleshooting the issues with Netgear Extender-
In case you encounter any errors with your router setup, you can check out these solutions-
Issues with downloading the mywifiext.net page-
- Check that extender receives an adequate power supply.
- Also, check that extender connects to the primary ISP router or modem properly.
- Ensure that you connect your device to the extender’s network. To confirm it check Device Link LED. If it turns on amber or green, move the devices close to each other until it turns green.
- Use only an updated browser and also delete its cache memory and cookies.
- Switch the browser to fix the issue.
- Try to reboot the router.
Issues with connecting your device to the extender network (_ext extension network)-
- Check the connection among your main ISP router, extender, and device. Power LED, Router Link LED, and Device Link LED must turn on green. If any of these are amber or red, disconnect the device from the source and connect them again.
- Reboot the extender and then again check for its network.
- Try to reset the password for the extender device, and then try to connect your device.
- Reset the extender device, if needed, and then log in using the default login details.
If you continue to face these issues with your extender device, contact Netgear Extender Customer support to find the best possible solutions. You can click here to visit the Netgear Customer support https://www.netgear.com/in/about/contact-us/.
We have covered all the installation and login steps for you. You can follow these steps almost with every Netgear Extender model. So, lastly, we hope this guide was helpful for you.