Several corporations on IBM Notes are migrating Lotus Notes to Office 365 cloud services; arguably, Lotus Notes is beneficial in all areas compared to Office 365. Microsoft Office 365 is becoming popular day by day as it provides innovative and advanced features and flexible accessing benefits to its users. Both small and large organizations and individual users want to work with the usability of Office 365 cloud services. But, the Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration process is relatively technical and can be challenging as users do not aware of an appreciable strategy.
In this writing, we discussed the methods possible to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 mailboxes. Also, some of the reasons users migrate to Office 365. Lotus Notes to Microsoft Office 365 migration can be accomplished manually and with a specialized Lotus Notes migration tool. The manual process has its limitations that are its drawback too; however, we describe them all below.
Before moving to the ways to process Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration step by step, we first find out why users favor migrating to Office 365 from Lotus Notes.
Why is Office 365 preferred over Lotus Notes?
This post contains some clarifications that users need to do in order to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365. This migration could be due to other different purposes.
- The IBM Lotus Notes deal is not economically agile, whereas Microsoft Office 365 has various economic subscription modes.
- Office 365 delivers wonderfully valuable essences to business.
- Office 365 users can collaborate with their team members and clients using convenient access anywhere. IBM Notes does not allow any collaborative environment for its users.
- Office 365 includes Skype, Outlook, SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more, but IBM Notes does not provide a reliable application like Office 365.
Above mentioned benefits of Office 365 attract businesses to migrate from Lotus Notes.
The manual process to migrating IBM Notes to Office 365:
This method does not provide any data security assurance. Users must have copy Lotus Notes mailboxes before migration mailboxes with the manual process. Once the backup copy is complete, go with the procedure defined below.
Step1: Create new mailboxes-
This step is to get new mailboxes for each Lotus Notes user who have an existing account in IBM Notes.
Step2: IMAP TCP/IP port accessible to all users-
Enable IMAP to all users’ accounts according to the steps.
- Firstly, open the domino administrator in IBM Notes, click the configuration tab, and open the server documents.
- Now times to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365, go to the Port, choose the internet port, and then select the mail tab.
- After that, you have enabled the default IMAP TCP/IP port. It would be best to vary the TCP/IP port status value under the IMAP bar.
- Once you have done it, click the save button here and exit for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration.
Step3: Synchronization of IBM notes mailboxes to Office 365 with IMAP connector-
In this step, you have to use the IMAP connector to synchronize Lotus Notes mailboxes to Office 365 and complete the migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365 using the manual procedure.
The defined manual method looks simple, but it has many disadvantages. You must be aware of them before implementing to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365.
Disadvantages of manual migration:
- You will move the calendar entries of Lotus Notes to Office 365 separately.
- Lotus Notes 1 GB size mailboxes are not migrated to Office 365.
- It is a time-consuming and sophisticated process. Users must have skilled to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365.
- Data security assurance is not being taken in this process. A small human error can cause a significant loss of data.
- You don’t get any convenient options with the manual process.
- The entire Lotus Notes database will not take up a place with this method. It moves only online data.
On the other hand, you can migrate the entire mailbox on Lotus Notes to Office 365 using the professional Lotus Notes migration tool.
Specialized way to migrate the entire Lotus Notes database to Office 365:
With Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool, you will avoid all the limitations associated with the manual process. Also, this tool lets you automate the data from Lotus Notes to Office 365 accounts directly. It helps with a seamless procedure to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 and provides you with an enhanced user experience. With this Lotus Notes migration tool, you can also consistently migrate all available mailbox data items to Office 365.
This tool is suited to process mailboxes from all versions of Lotus Notes. The Lotus Notes migration tool is designed to free users from all the complexities of the Lotus Notes to Microsoft Office 365 migration task. It is a highly featured tool that delivers flawless results every time. It comes in a seamless hierarchy according to the needs of the users.
Developed Salient features in this tool such as:
- It comes with the appearance of a user-friendly GUI to make Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration convenient for all.
- This Lotus Notes migration tool ensures a flawless process to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 with no restrictions.
- It makes it easy to preview all the data in the preview pane of the tool before migration.
- Using this Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration, one can also efficiently export/migrate data from Lotus Notes to Exchange Server & Outlook PST.
- An email transaction feature is built into this tool. It supports users to replace the email address according to the destination server.
- The tool’s folder mapping feature makes it easy to effectively migrate mailboxes from the source folder to the destination folder.
Free trial version:
The Shoviv Lotus Notes Migration Tool also includes a free trial. This free download can check the tool before considering the license. It evaluated with the first 50 items per folder to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365.
Note:- If You want to Migrate or Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook then we have some other awsome Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter, just go to the sites and check on it.
As a result, you may lose your time, effort, and important data when you use a manual process to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365. Using the mentioned Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool is recommended, making your migration easy, accurate, and secure.