Manuka honey is a type of honey that is produced by bees who pollinate the flowers Leptospermum Scoparium, commonly known as Manuka bush. This type of honey is generally native to New Zealand. Manuka honey is rare honey produced for only a few weeks annually when the Manuka bush is flowering. Therefore, this honey is limited in supply and usually costs higher than other honey in the market. We have listed some Manuka honey benefit in this blog.
Furthermore, bees that pollinate from the Manuka bush can produce honey more potent than standard honey due to the presence of a compound called methylglyoxal (MGO). Methylglyoxal consists of strong antiviral and antibiotic properties that help boost immunity, and digestion, and promote various health benefits. If you are looking for the best honey to buy or learn about the benefits of Manuka honey, then you are in the right place. In this article, we will discuss various health benefits and how you can use Manuka honey in your daily diet plan.
Can You Use Manuka Honey for Acne?
Manuka honey is one of the best types of honey that helps you treat acne and other related skin problems effectively. It helps you balance your skin pH levels and slough away dead cell debris to keep your skin clean and healthy. Its anti-inflammatory properties can also help you decrease local inflammation caused by acne and heals existing pimples. Therefore, consuming one spoon of honey daily can help you get rid of acne and several skin-related problems quickly and efficiently.
How to Use Manuka Honey for Acne?
Like a raw honeycomb, you can use Manuka honey in several ways to treat acne and other bacterial issues on your skin. You can either add Manuka honey to your diet plan or apply the same to your skin to treat skin problems. Here, we have mentioned some easy and effective ways you can use honey daily on your skin.
- As a cleanser: Take a pea-sized amount of Manuka honey in your hand and dilute it with a few water droplets. Mixing a few drops of water does not affect the antibacterial and antiviral properties of Manuka honey. Massage the mixture all over your face gently for a couple of minutes and rinse your skin with running water. Pat dry your face for better results.
- As a mask: To make a Manuka honey face mask, all you need to do is mix ground oats, lemon juice, and small amounts of Manuka honey. Apply the mixture to your face and leave the same for up to 15 minutes. However, you can also use a mask of honey alone and leave it on your face for up to 30 minutes for the best results.
- As a spot treatment: If you are running out of time or don’t have enough time to make a honey mask, then you can consider applying a tiny amount of honey to a forming pimple and leave the same overnight or for some time to let the honey work the antibacterial magic.
Other Health Benefits of Using Manuka Honey
- Wound healing: Manuka honey is one of the best natural remedies used to treat wounds, burns, sores, boils, and more since ancient times. Honey acts as a shield against microbial infections to heal wounds quickly. Manuka honey also amplifies the regeneration of tissue and even decreases pain in patients suffering from burns.
- Promote oral benefits: Antibacterial properties in Manuka honey can help you attack harmful oral bacteria associated with plaque formation, gum inflammation, and tooth decay. It does not totally wipe out good bacteria that are responsible for keeping your mouth healthy for a long period of time.
- Treats sore throat: Manuka honey can help you provide some relief from sore throat and reduce inflammation and attack bad bacteria that cause pain. Furthermore, Manuka honey can also coat the throat’s inner lining for a soothing effect. Manuka honey consumption can also be helpful for cancer patients to deal with the side effects of chemotherapy.
- Prevent gastric ulcers: Stomach ulcers can not be easy to deal with as they can rise to stomach pain, nausea, and bloating. As per the study, Manuka honey can act as a useful antibacterial agent against gastric ulcers caused by H. Pylori. It is also an effective remedy to prevent alcohol-induced gastric ulcers.
Consume one spoon of Manuka honey daily for faster and better results. Natural and organic Manuka honey consists of more antioxidants and antibacterial properties than other types of honey available on the market.