Tplink Extender Setup Via tplinkrepeater.net
TP-Link repeaters have been around for a while. Helping users expand their network coverage to every corner of their homes, these devices have emerged to be the most popular. If you are looking to set this device up and enjoy seamless internet coverage at your home, you must configure the network settings correctly. This blog will walk you through the manual setup for tp-link repeater via www.tplinkrepeater.net web address.
Where to start?
To start with, you’ll need access to the repeater’s default settings and related details. These can be found on the product label of the device. The product label will include details on the username, password, default web address/IP address and more.
Default web address: http://www.tplinkrepeater.net or http://www.tplinkextender.net ;
IP address: 192.168.0.254;
Username: admin; Password: admin;
Additionally, you’ll also need details on the main router’s network credentials. These include the router’s network SSID and password. If you do not have these, you can log into the router’s setup wizard and obtain the same.
Accessing the tp-link repeater login page
The next step in tp-link repeater setup is accessing the login page. To successfully access the login wizard, you’ll need to first connect your computer/smartphone to the repeater’s network. You can do this either wirelessly or using a wired connection. To proceed with the wired connection, simply run an ethernet cable between the computer and the repeater. Notice the LAN LED on the repeater glow and flicker. This indicates that the repeater is now connected to the computer.
For a wireless connection, open the WiFi settings on your device and look for the name of the extender’s network. Once it is visible, select it and click on the Join network button. The device/smartphone will now connect to the repeater’s network.
Once connected to the repeater network, you can proceed with the tp-link login process. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Make sure your extender is turned on and is functioning.
- Launch a web browser and in the address bar, type in the default web address, tplinkrepeater.net or tplinkextender.net and press Enter.
- You will be redirected to the repeater’s login wizard. Type in the username and password in the said fields and then click on the Login button.
Note: In some extender models, the moment you connect to the repeater’s local network for the first time, you are automatically redirected to the setup wizard without having to enter any default credentials.
Tp-link repeater setup using tplinkrepeater.net
- Once you are logged in to the setup wizard , it will scan for the available wireless networks. A list of the same will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the main router’s SSID and type in the password to connect to it. Once connected, click on the Next button.
- On the next screen, configure your extended network settings. Assign an SSID and a password to your extender’s network bands.
- Select the appropriate network encryption protocol and click on the Next button.
- Specify a username and password for the repeater device. Type in the same in the said fields and then click on the Next button.
The setup wizard will now display a summary of the network settings that you have just finished configuring. Review the same and then click on the Save and Finish button.
You can now relocate your extender to the location about halfway between the main router and the place where you wish to use the internet at.
Having issues setting up your tp-link repeater? Get help from a team of experts now!
website : https://www.postingtree.com/