Outlook has certainly dominated the email client world with its on-time updates, easy interface, and cost-effectiveness. So, users from the other email clients are looking to convert Notes email to Outlook in order to jump on Outlook. Moreover, there are two ways to do so, which include a manual method and professional Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tools. Let’s get into the two, one by one.
Ways to Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook:
- Manual method.
- Professional tools.
Manual method for Lotus Notes Conversion to Outlook
The manual method comprises broadly two methods, first to convert Lotus Notes (NSF) to CSV and then CSV to Outlook (PST). Users can go as follows for converting Lotus Notes to Outlook:
Stage1: Lotus Notes (NSF) to Intermediate CSV:
- Open the Lotus Notes application on your system.
- Move to the File option.
- Add the NSF file and then click on the Open tab.
- Now hit on the file menu and select the Export option.
- Choose the path, give a name to the resultant file, and select the CSV option from the file type list.
- CSV Export window will pop, deal with a few options, including data size to export, and then press OK.
Stage2: Intermediate CSV to Outlook (PST):
- Now open Outlook utility.
- Proceed to the File menu and tap Open > choose Import/Export option.
- A wizard will appear; choose the Import from Another Program or File option and proceed with Next.
- Pick Comma Separated Value (CSV) option and hit Next.
- Now using the browse button select the CSV formed recently on Lotus Notes.
- Deal duplicate options as per the need.
- Choose a folder to import CSV file’s data and subsequently hit Next.
- In the end, click on the Finish button.
Drawbacks of Using Manual Method:
- Users can only convert one mailbox or NSF file at a time.
- If any interruption occurs in the process, users will be required to perform the task freshly from the very beginning.
- Users find it difficult to reach the completion point in this way.
- It is also seen the PST so formed through this method often crashes.
- This way lacks features that could help in getting an effective conversion.
- There remains a high chance of human error, which subsequently can brought one to lose their data.
Putting Professional Tool for Lotus Notes Conversion:
Choosing a utility from professional tools listicle, one must be aware of security aspects. Moreover, users can use Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool for such tasks. This utility is much more secure and doesn’t store users’ data in any way. Furthermore, it provides a speedy and efficient conversion to the users, which proves effective in respective data management later on. This tool has a simple interface and is full of features.
Step1: Click on Add icon from the ribbon bar.
Step2: Choose source, Add NSF files, and hit Next.
Step3: Not hit on Outlook PST from the ribbon bar.
Step4: Deal with appearing sub-folders and move.
Step5: Now use filters, perform folder mapping and email translation and proceed.
Step6: Provide a path where you want to save resultant PST, deal with additional options, including PST split, and hit Next.
Step7: The process will start to hit Finish when it completes. (Here users can also Save a report by tapping on Save Report after process completion.)
Why Choose Shoviv Tool from the Professional Tool Listicle:
- This tool puts no bar on the size and numbers of the added Lotus Notes files. Furthermore, accepts Lotus Notes files from Local Directory, Domino Server, and SmartCloud Notes/Verse.
- Users can preview their Lotus Notes files on the tool after file addition from the left pane of the tool’s window. This tool prepares the preview of the data with the original form and structure.
- The Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool essentially comes with an Incremental export feature. This tool is really important as the data associated with the businesses are vast and, in that case, can interrupt in between. This feature of the tool helps in resuming the process from where the process went off and hence prevents duplicity.
- PST split & password options are available on the tool to facilitate users to contain their resultant PST within secure size limits. (PST should not exceed the 50 GB limit.)
- Users can use the filter of the tool to deliver the Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion with the selective items. This helps in space optimization of the users’ system.
- The folder mapping allows users to convert Notes email to Outlook with the desired level of accuracy, which later helps them in better data management.
- Users can use the email translation feature of the tool to replace the undesirable email address with the legit or desirable one.
- The features of the tool, of course, do not end here, and therefore, Shoviv also avails this tool in a FREE demo to the users. The FREE demo allows users to use its complete features to convert and save the first 50 items per folder.
The two ways are available to convert Notes email to Outlook, the manual method, and the automated tools. The manual method is complex and comes with various limitations. Therefore, professionals themselves suggest users use certified and secure automated tools. One from this list is Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool, which also offers itself in a demo version for FREE. Users can use the demo version of it for fair evaluation before deciding on the final one.