We’ve put together this brief guide to help you get started with how to use your Login to Linksys router. From logging into you router or changing the WiFi network’s name the guide is simple to follow. The internet is your greatest guide and friend. Our goal is to teach you the most basic steps and terminology so that even if aren’t a tech you will be able to solve any problem that occurs from your router.
How to Linksys Router Login
- Open your web browser using your device or computer. Be sure the device you’re using connected to the router’s network.
- Input the IP address of your router.
- Log in using your admin Linksys username and password into the fields that are provided. If you are the first time logging into the router you should select an existing password. The default password is admin.
Find out how you can gain access to different router models. Be sure to read our guides for TP Link, Belkin, ASUS, and Spectrum.
Looking for Default IP Address
The IP address of your device is the name of the network for your device , so the Internet is aware of which address to send information. In this section of the article, we’ll guide you to find an IP address for your adapter.
Finding the Linksys Wireless Routing IP Address on Windows
You can determine your wireless router’s IP of your Windows device by using the command prompt, or by exploring the settings. Follow the following steps:
- Search for you can find Command Prompt or cmd by typing it into the search bar
- In the Command Prompt, type in Ipconfig.
- Information about the details of your IP configuration will be displayed. The numbers below Default Gateway indicate the IP address of your router.
- Select to the Start icon and then select Settings.
- Select the Network and Internet icon
- For wired connections: select Ethernet from the left side of the menu pane and select the network connection you want to connect to. The IP address will be displayed next to your IPv4 Address.
- To connect wirelessly, select WiFi from the left menu pane . Then select for Advanced Options. You will see your IP address will be displayed in the middle of your IPv4 address.
Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- In the system tray, select the icon for network connections and choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
- For wired connections To connect wired: Click on Local Area Connection and then click for details. The details of your IP address will be displayed alongside your IPv4 Address.
- To connect wirelessly, double Click wireless Network Connection (Network Name)and click Details. It will show your IP address will show in the IPv4 Address column.
for Windows Vista
- In the Start menu click on the Start menu, click right-click Network and then choose the Properties. This will open the Network and Sharing Center.
- For wired connections: click “View Status just to the right of the Local area Connection and then click the Details. Find the address in the IPv4 address column. IP Address
- To connect wirelessly: click “View Status just to the right of the Wireless Network Connection and click Details. Find the address in the IPv4 section next to the IP Address
- From the Start menu click on the right-click icon My Network Places and then click Properties. Properties.
- For wired connections For wired connections: Simply double click the Local Area Connection and then select on the tab Support tab. Then click for detailsand when the dialog pops up will display your IP address.
- To connect wirelessly, double select the Wireless Network Connection and then click on to open the support tab. Then click for detailsand The window that pops up will show your IP address.
Finding the Linksys Routing IP Address on Mac OS X
You can locate your wireless router’s IP within the Mac device by scrolling to the setting. Follow the steps below:
Mac OS X 10.5 and later
- In to the Apple menu Select the System Preferences. In the System Preferences on the View menu, choose Network.
- The Network preferences window select a network port (Ethernet, AirPort, Wi-Fi). If you’re connected to the network, you’ll see the IP address of the port under “Status”.
Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.3
- In the Apple menu choose location followed by Network Preferences.
- Within the Network Preferences window, under Show Select the Network Status option. You will see your network’s status as well as your IP address.
Accessing the Router Login Web Interface
By accessing the Linksys router’s web interface allows you to modify the settings to make it more advanced. The configurations are made for specific purposes such as setting the wireless security settings and forward ports for gaming consoles, and video cameras.
- Start a web browser and type in the IP address
- Fill in your login credentials into the fields supplied
- The Linksys Wi-Fi Router’s Web interface should look similar to the following:
Linksys Router Login: Changing Your Admin Password
If you log into your new Linksys router the login credentials for your administrator are set to default settings. Don’t fill in the username. It is the default username. To ensure protection for your router’s security, we suggest changing the admin password.
- The admin password differs from the password you use to connect to the WiFi network. If you want to change the WiFi security password as well as the name of your network, refer to the next section of this article.
- The default admin login information are no longer valid once you’ve altered them.
- Log onto the router’s setup page.
- Click the Administration tab
- In under the management section, type in the new password into the Router Password field and Re-enter it to confirm fields
- Click Save Settings
Changing Your Router’s Network Name (SSID)
Your SSID or the name of your network is the one you find when your device searches at WiFi networks. The change in your SSID will not just make your network more personal however, it will also distinguish yours from those close by.
- Visit the router’s online page for setting up
- Click on the wireless tab, and then click on the basic Wireless settings page.
- Select Manual
- Search for the Network Name (SSID) and change it to the name you want for your WiFi network.
- Click Save Settings
Changing Your Router WiFi Password
- Start your browser on your mobile or computer. Check that the device you’re using connected to the router’s network.
- Input the IP address of your router.
- Input your login credentials into the fields supplied. If you’re the first time using the service you should make use of your default username. This default password should be administrator password.
- Click on the wireless tab and then click on for the wireless Securitysub-tab
- Within the Passphrase field, type in your preferred WiFi password.
- Select “Save Settings” in order to store your settings
Why Is Linksys Router Login Login Not Working
If you’ve tried to log into your Linksys router but haven’t been able to connect, there are couple of options to solve the issue. First, ensure that it’s the right IP. This IP address must be specific with the Linksys router. Also, ensure that you’re using the right browser. If nothing else works Try cleaning your cookies or cache.
Also, ensure that you are sure that your Linksys router is running the most recent firmware. This will help to solve internal lags and minor issues.
If your router is an old Linksys router, ensure that you disconnect it for around 30 seconds, then plug it back into. This will erase any settings that you’ve previously created.
If you’ve forgotten your password, you may also try resetting the router. It can be done with either a browser on the internet or an application.
It is also possible to reset your Linksys router to default settings. You might have to input the email or username.
If your router doesn’t provide this option it is recommended that you call the manufacturer. They will be able to solve the issue. If you are still unable to log in to Your Linksys router, it might have to modify the settings.
If you are unable to log in on the router Linksys router, then it’s likely that you’re using the password that is the default.
After you’ve completed this, you’ll be able to find a webpage which allows you to sign into your account. When you’re there you can click the “Create Account Link.
You’ll be required to sign an End User License agreement. After you’ve signed this, you’ll be able make use of the Linksys cloud login page to log in to your network..
Another possibility is the fact that your computer does not have an active IP address. It is possible to set your computer to receive your router’s address. But, ensure that you are using the proper IP prior to you continue.
Resetting Your Linksys Router to Factory Default
You can perform the factory reset of your router by using manual resets or on the setup page on the internet. Follow these steps:
Via Hard Reset
- Be sure that your router’s the Power LED of the router is on when you hit the Reset button. Reset button.
- Find your Find the button on your router. The exact location of the button can be different depending on the model.
- Hold this button until about 10 seconds. Older models will require 30 minutes. This will reset your router back to default settings.
Via Linksys Web-based Setup Page
- Log in to your Linksys router.
- Click on the administration tab, then click the Factory defaults sub-tab
- In the Factory defaults area, you can click the Restore Factory defaults button.