Linksys AC1200 Extender Setup And Configuration guide
The Linksys AC1200 extender is a dual-band WiFi 5 enabled extender that comes with attractive features such as guest access, parental controls, high-speed internet, and more. If you have recently upgraded to this fast networking device, learning about the setup and configuration will help you make the most out of it. The device is easy to install and setup using the WPS button and the Linksys smartphone app. Apart from that, you can always use the web-based setup method to configure the network and device settings for added convenience. If you are looking for additional details into the Linksys AC1200 Extender setup and configuration, this blog is what you can refer to at any time.
Linksys AC1200 Extender Setup and Configuration- Prerequisites
The Linksys AC1200 is a wireless extender that works by extending the network coverage. It receives the wireless signals from your main router and then amplifies it and retransmits it over further. This functionality helps users cover every inch of the dead zones and remote corners of their workplace or home. Now, since the extender relies on a host network, it will require access to it, as well as, some additional details. Here are some requirements you’ll need to make sure you have before you start with the setup and configuration process:
- Default Router SSID and Network Password
- The Default Settings for your Linksys AC1200 extender
Apart from these details, you’ll also need access to some ethernet cables and a continuous power supply.
Beginning with the Linksys AC1200 Extender Setup
- To start with, you’ll need to connect your Linksys extender to the power outlet at your home and allow it to boot up. Prefer a power outlet that is near to the main router so the extender doesn’t face any issues accessing the router network.
- Once the device is ready, you’ll know by the color of the power LED.
- Now, connect your computer or smartphone to the Linksys AC1200 local network. You can do that either using a wired or a wireless connection.
- For a wired connection, simply connect the Linksys extender to your computer system using an ethernet cable. The computer will detect the device and connect to its local network.
- For a wireless connection, you’ll need to access the WiFi settings wizard and look for the Linksys AC1200 network SSID in the available networks list. Click on the name of the network and then click/tap on the Join button. Once connected, your computer/wireless device will display a notification.
Accessing the AC1200 extender login page
- Launch a web browser and then enter the default web address i.e. http://extender.linksys.com in the address bar. Press Enter/Tap on Go.
- You will be redirected to the Linksys AC1200 extender login page.
Note: If you don’t see the login page appear on the screen, check if you have entered the correct URL in the address bar. Correct any typographical errors that you might have made. Alternatively, you may also try using the default IP address 192.168.1.1 instead. Simply type the same in the address bar and press Enter.
- You will now reach on the Linksys AC1200 extender login page. You will see the username and password fields pop up.
- Type in the default username and the password credentials in their respective fields and click/tap on the login button.
- The login wizard will validate the entered credentials and accordingly sign you in to the extender setup wizard.
Key Linksys AC1200 Extender Configuration
- Once signed in to the Linksys extender setup wizard, the device will start looking for available wireless networks to connect to. A list of the same will appear on the screen.
- Select the name of your wireless router network and then click on the Connect button. A prompt asking you to enter the password will appear.
- Type in the network password in the field and then click on the Join button. The setup wizard will verify the credentials and accordingly proceed you to the next step.
- On the next setup screen, type in the details you wish to keep for your extender network. Define an SSID and password for both the network bands of your Linksys AC1200 extender device.
- Select an appropriate network encryption protocol and then click/tap on the Next button.
- The setup wizard will now ask you to assign a default username and password to secure you AC1200 device. This will protect access to the setup wizard in future. Remember to note it down at a safe place as losing it will force you to reset the device configuration.
- Once you have done so, click on the Next button.
- The Linksys Ac1200 setup wizard will now show you a summary of the network and admin settings you have configured. Review the same, and change any if you wish to.
The Linksys AC1200 extender setup and configuration process is now over and you can connect your wireless devices to its network easily.
Having issues with the Linksys AC1200 setup? Connect with us now!
website : https://www.postingtree.com/