QuickBooks Error OL-222 arrives trying to import the company file from the bank’s site or opening the web content file using the banking facility. This issue makes unable the users to perform any task related to banking or even import the file, then shows a message “QuickBooks was not able to complete your request. (OL-222)”. The unreadable characters in the ‘.QBW’ file are the primary cause behind this glitch. If you’re facing QuickBooks Banking Error OL-222, go through this blog to reconcile it with ease.
QuickBooks Error OL-222 shows up when users try to import the company file or access the web content file from their financial organization’s website, so QB does not allow to perform the task, and a message appears up “QB was not able to complete your request. (OL-222)”. It happens because of unreadable characters in the ‘.QBW’ file. If you face this QB desktop Error OL-222, go through the problem-solving post and explore all solutions to eliminate the issue.
You can get your problem solved with the help of QB technical experts. You can interact with our technical specialists anytime at +1(800) 314-0226 to settle QuickBooks error message code OL-222.
Causes of QuickBooks error code message OL-222:
The below factors can easily promote the QuickBooks online banking error OL-222.
- Unsupported characters in the ‘.QBW‘ file can trigger this error.
- Slow internet connection is another factor.
- Different formatting of the company file also leads to technical difficulty in the software.
- .QBO file name is not relavent or even the same with your bank compliance.
Here’s How You Can Fix Quickbooks desktop Error OL-222:
When you see the QB unable to verify Financial Institution, you need to consider the below solutions.
Troubleshooting 1: Download a new FIDIR.txt file
The best way to settle QuickBooks Error Message OL-222 is to import the .qbo file.
- Close the QBD application.
- Open the FIDIR.txt file and copy all the texts available there.
- To ensure easy access, add a new file on your desktop and paste the copied text into it.
- Delete the old/original FIDIR.txt file.
- Open file explorer and open the following path:-ApplicationSupport/com.intuit.QuickBooks20XX/Downloads. Where XX is the year of the QB version.
- Remove/delete the FIDIR.txt file from this folder as well.
- After that, press and hold the CTRL key and double-click on QuickBooks to open it.
- You’ll see a context menu > click on Show Package Contents.
- Double-click the Content folder and then the Resource folder.
- Find and delete this FIDIR.txt file too.
- Copy the newly created FIDIR.txt file carefully and paste it into the Downloads & Resources folder.
- Now, attempt to import the file that includes the ‘.QBW’ extension in the QuickBooks folder.
- Lastly, you’ll see the QuickBooks error code OL-222 has been eliminated. If not, check out the following solution.
Troubleshooting 2: Run the QuickBooks Updates If Possible
- Log out from all the running company files and close the QBs as well.
- Click the Windows Start icon > type QuickBooks Desktop.
- Make a right-click on the QB app icon and choose the Run as administrator.
- Now, you’ll see a message No Company Open on your screen, then click the Help menu.
- Find and click the Update QB app option, then click the Options tab.
- Make sure all the boxes are marked > click Save.
- Selecting the Update Now option, click on Reset Update.
- At the end of the process, hit a click on Get Updates to download all the newly published updates.
A Quick Troubleshooting to Fix QuickBooks Error OL-222
While trying to access the company file after importing from your existing bank, you may meet a difficulty named QB Error OL-222. This error indicates that QB is not receiving a suitable response from your bank’s website. It happens due to the file you import contains unreadable characters.
Once you are done with these above methods, we hope that the QuickBooks Error OL-222 has now been settled. This is also probable that you’re still combating this error, then you should speak to our technical experts by just calling our QuickBooks Error Support toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226 to get the problem solved from the root.
also read : QuickBooks Error 404