The Joint Entrance Examination Advanced, which popularly also known as the JEE Advanced is scheduled to be held on May 17, 2020. Under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB), it will be conducted by IIT Delhi this year. There would be two papers in the JEE Advanced 2020, namely Paper 1 and Paper 2. Each of these two papers would be of three hours duration and will be held in two shifts on the same day. Both these papers of the JEE Advanced exam will be compulsory of every student and the paper will be held fully in CBT MODE (computer-based test mode). Paper 1 will be conducted between 9 am to 12 pm (IST) and paper 2 will be conducted from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm, with a break of two and a half-hour in between these two papers. The performance of students in these two papers examination will be used to decide the admissions to the courses provided in all the IITs, where entry is made at the 10+2 level. These courses can be the bachelor’s degree courses, integrated master’s degree and dual degree programs as per the rank obtained by the student in JEE Advanced, their eligibility, availability of seats and other factors. However, only candidates can sit for the JEE Advanced 2020, who would take the JEE Main 2020 and qualify in it.
Now since the candidates are only left with a period of little more than one month, they should involve themselves rigorously into the revisions. But since the syllabus of JEE Advanced is very vast you need to derive a balanced revision strategy to help you get a good rank. In order to help bring you an idea of what should be your last month’s revision strategy for JEE Advanced 2020, we have mentioned a strategy that you can use to make your own customized revision strategy plan.
|Laws of Motion||GOC and Isomerism||Circle|
|Work energy power||Isomerism and Hydrocarbons||Parabola|
|Conservation of Momentum||Hydrocarbons and EAS||Ellipse|
|Rotational mechanics-1||Alkyl halide and Aryl Halide||Hyperbola|
|Rotational mechanics-2||Alcohols, Ethers and phenols||Progression and Series|
|Fluid statics||Carbonyls -1||Quadratic equation and expression|
|Fluid dynamics||Carbonyls -2||Complex Numbers|
|Surface Tension, Viscosity and Elasticity||CAD + Amines||Binomial Theorem|
|Gravitation||Amines, Biomolecules, Polymers||Permutation and Combination|
|Simple Harmonic Motion||FCC + Ores and metallurgy||Probability|
|Waves and sound||Chemical kinetics||LCD|
|Heat and thermodynamics||Chemical equilibrium||Application Of Derivative|
|Capacitors||Ionic equilibrium -1||Calculus — Integrals|
|Current electricity||Ionic equilibrium -2 + surface chemistry||Calculus—Differentials|
During one month before the JEE Advanced 2020, follow the key points mentioned below –
- In case you are the student who is active during the night and involved in late-night study hours then this is the time to modify your routine. In this one month period try to wake up early as the paper will be conducted usually in the day time, particularly during the shifts held in the morning and afternoon. Thus if you are a night owl then your brain will need some time to adjust to this new activeness period and to adjust your biological clock with the new sleeping and waking up the pattern.
- Your entire day during this one month revision period must be active and planned carefully. For which you should to-do list on a daily basis, which means that plan your entire day when you wake-up every day. Both in terms of study schedule or your other routine works.
- Try to develop a habit of solving the JEE Advanced previous year question papers every day. Moreover, take these previous year papers exam in an exam like condition. Also, when you take self-assessable mock tests, use a timer and OMR sheet, as it will help you feel the temperament of the exam and not just some practice sessions.
- You can use certain techniques and aids like flashcards, mnemonics, and even your hand-written notes for Quick revisions.
- You should avoid studying from any reference books or new study material or reference books, as it may create lots of confusion. Therefore you should resort to only your self-prepared notes, NCERT books, JEE Advanced coaching study material and other reference books that you have used so far during the whole preparatory year and nothing else.