JEE Main topics are of utmost importance when it comes to JEE Main preparation. Also, without sufficient data, it is very hard to find out important topics for JEE Main. So students should follow the easiest and smartest path which requires a strong commitment.
Each chapter in the JEE Main Syllabus has assigned a weightage of marks.
This weightage of marks is not fixed by the NTA (the agency that conducts the exam).
But, we can identify as per the question pattern of the previous year’s JEE Main exam.
Now you have to divide all these chapters into 3 or 4 categories, such as the most important topics from the JEE Main Syllabus which contains the highest weightage of marks, Important topics for Jee mains mock test which have an average weightage of marks, and then put those topics that hold minimum weightage in JEE Main Exam.
By doing this your attention will be drawn towards those topics which are important for the exam. You can also segregate topics from different sections according to the level of difficulty.
It will also help you to identify the most important topics for JEE Main 2022.
JEE Mathematics Syllabus
- Calculus: This unit is very important for both JEE Main and JEE Advanced mainly because of its breadth and difficulty level. In every engineering entrance exam, you can expect a number of questions from this unit. If you develop a strength in this unit then you don’t have to worry much about JEE Maths, so you should train and prepare well for this unit. Important sub-topics covered in calculus are limits, differentiation and continuity, relation between continuity and differentiation, differentiation, integral, definite integral, integral by parts, properties of definite integral, rate of scaling, tangent and normal, maximum and minimum, differential Equation and the area under the curve.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: This unit is about understanding some geometrical figures like circle, parabola, hyperbola etc. The questions in this unit are generally based on the application of formulas, making it very interesting and a highly rated unit for most students. You can get the maximum number of tags from this section. Pay more attention to parabolas, circles, ellipses, straight lines and hyperbolas. Of all these straight lines and circles are the most important.
- 3D Geometry and Vectors: This unit is very complex and conceptual. Its weight in JEE is somewhat similar to Coordinate Geometry. It also includes mixed numbers with some geometry parts. If you have a good understanding of some complex concepts of vectors and 3D geometry, you can easily score good marks from this section. Try to develop the strengths of the fundamentals and focus more on understanding this unit through visualization.
- Algebra: This unit is very interesting and some important topics like logarithms, matrices, determinants and quadratic equations are very easy to understand and are among the favorite things of many students. There have been quite a few questions on Complex Numbers Combined with Vectors many times in JEE Mains and Advances. In JEE Advanced, you can expect a Matrix and Deterministic Slice type question and this may be the easiest question to answer. You can also expect some permutation and combination conceptual questions. Formula-based questions are usually asked about sequence, series and binomial theorem. So by avoiding silly mistakes you can easily score good grades in this part.
- Trigonometry: It is one of the most important topics for JEE Main. Inverse trigonometry, trigonometric functions and trigonometric ratios are some of the most pressing topics that you need to focus on. Since many questions are asked in this unit, having a knack for some basic trigonometric concepts can definitely benefit a JEE student. To score good marks in this section, you must memorize all the trigonometric formulas along with graphs and substitutions.
Check CBSE Mathematics Class 12 Syllabus.
Highest Weightage Topics for Maths section in JEE main 2022
Maths can be the most scoring section for the students but it requires a lot of practice. The mathematics syllabus contains about 25 chapters. But for the JEE Mains most important chapters are –
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Straight Lines
- Conic Section
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Matrices and Determinants
These are the most important chapters after completing them, you should move to the important chapters – Permutation and Combinations, Limits and Continuity, Quadratic Equations, Complex Numbers, Binomial Theorem, Circle, Differential Equation and Sequences and Series.
After completing the above topics, you can spend your time on simpler, less important sections, such as Inverse Trigonometry, Height and Distance, Application of Derivatives, and Statistics.
After studying Sets, Relation and Functions you will have a strong foundation, so the learning does not require to start everything from scratch.
So it is relatively easy to prepare for Mathematics.
The Most Important Chapters for JEE Mains 2022 Maths
These were the important key topics of JEE for the 2022 session; All the students must make a proper objective plan to crack JEE Main exam. Follow the sequence given here and practice hard and you will surely pass your exam.
You can also check out for JEE Main Sample Paper.
What is the Weightage of Each Topic in Mathematics for JEE Mains 2022
|Topics||No. of Questions||Weightage of Marks|
|Sets, Relation and Function||1||4|
|Binomial Theorem and Its application||1||4|
|Sequence and Series||1||4|
|Permutation and Combination||1||4|
|Statics and Dynamics||1||4|
|Statistics and Probability||2||8|
|Matrices and Determinants||2||8|
|Three Dimensional Geometry||2||8|
|Complex Number and Quadratic Equation||2||8|
|Limits, Continuity and Differentiability||3||12|
Important tips to get good mark in JEE Mains 2022 Maths:
- Maintain Speed –
- With practice, students can build speed in important topics.
- Since there is no sectional timing, You have to ensure that you solve enough questions from each section in the given time so that your score can reach the expected cutoff.
- Solve Topic – wise Mock Tests –
- Solving JEE Mains Mock Test and Practice Jee mains question papers can tell how much prepared a student is and what level of preparation he needs.
Check JEE Mains Sample Paper 2022-2022 with Detailed Solution from Entrancei.com