Want to get a winning smile that you could be proud of? Thankfully, there are many cosmetic dental procedures that offer you to get the desired results instantly without any hassle. The aim of each classification of dentistry preventative, restorative, and cosmetic is different. Out of all, people usually prefer cosmetic treatment and enhance their teeth appearance. You can start with a healthy smile through regular dental appointments with cosmetic dental procedure. To help you sort through your options, we have outlined some points in this guide. With these recommendations, you can easily choose a cosmetic dental procedure to improve the appearance of your smile.
Firstly, what is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry basically enhances the appearance of your teeth. It may overlap with restorative dentistry, but cosmetic dental procedures improve the appearance and function of your mouth simultaneously. Before proceeding ahead, make sure the rest of your teeth are healthy and don’t need other care. Conduct initial consultation and examination with a reputed dentist. If you want to have fillings, root canal treatments, or crowns, do them before cosmetic dental treatment. This will give you the healthiest and the best cosmetic outcome.
Most Common Cosmetic Dental Procedures
# Veneers- Your teeth can have some minor imperfections that can impact the way you smile. The gaps between teeth, minor discoloration of individual teeth, and other flaws can cause problems with your dental health. A professional dentist can correct them with veneers. It is actually made of poly-ceramic or ceramic material that creates a cover around your treated tooth. The dentist removes a small amount of the top surface of your tooth. Then they place the veeners to give you a better fit. The process leads to a permanent change in teeth. In very rare cases, veneers may chip, or they will require replacement. They give you a natural smile by fixing minor issues.
# Teeth Whitening- This cosmetic dental procedure is highly popular. Most people want to improve the appearance of their smile by brightening their teeth. The over-the-counter whitening and bleaching products may provide good solutions but sometimes are not that safe. They can cause tooth sensitivity and gum diseases. However, teeth whitening done by dentists can get better results and minimize side effects. The surgical treatment offers better whitening than any other thing. Even the experts can give you further tips for reducing sensitivity.
The Do’s & Don’ts After The Treatment
- Maintain a regular dental cleaning schedule to get a whiter smile.
- Rinse your teeth daily with the anti-cavity rinse.
- It will boost oral hygiene, decreases bacteria, slows the build-up of plaque, and whiten your teeth.
- After this cosmetic dental procedure, you can use different whitening agent products recommended by the doctor.
- Artificial coloring can stain your newly whitened teeth.
- Avoid eating candy, popsicles, and fruit punch.
- Skip drinking coffee, tea, soft drinks, and even some medications.
- Avoid acidic foods and beverages that weaken the enamel on your teeth.
# Dental Implants vs. Dentures
Missing teeth are cruel and even dangerous for your dental health and self-confidence as well. Even if you have perfect dental hygiene, age and accidents can lose your teeth. But this problem can be solved with two cosmetic dental procedures- dentures and dental implants. Here are some potential differences that you must look at:
- Fundamentals- Starting with the basic, dentures are artificial teeth that cover upper/lower jaw sets, and they fit atop the remaining teeth with a bracket. They sit on your gums with a gentle adhesive. In comparison, dental implants are permanently secured to gums through surgical treatment. Implants are just like real teeth that can be brushed, polished, and flossed normally. Both are convincing enough to improve your smile and use while eating as well. The difference comes at the time of fitting, maintenance, and overall price range.
- Fitting- Dental implants require extraction of a damaged root, and then the jawbone is drilled. A dentist installs a screw and waits for weeks for the bone to grow around it. Then the artificial tooth is placed on top. On the other hand, Denture cosmetic dental procedures require frequent visits. First, your dentist take impressions of your gums and teeth. Then, they do a test and make adjustments as per needs.
- Maintenance- The dentures need to be cleaned every single day if you want them to last. You need to remove them and soak them in a solution every night. While dental implants are virtually maintenance-free, they need to be brushed and flossed regularly. The failures of dental implants are inconvenient but fixable.
- Cost- Both cosmetic dental procedures, dentures, and dental implants are secured directly in your jawbone; they are strong and long-lasting. However, dental implants are expensive as they require many specifications, and they remain in place for a longer time. On the other hand, dentures require less labor and hence are reasonable.
Considerations After You Attain A Cosmetic Dental Procedure
- Change your dental health habits
Do you practice behaviors that harm your teeth? Some habits are hard to break, but they’re worth paying attention to. Brush twice a day, and don’t forget to floss as well. It’s easy to squirt toothpaste on your brush, but there is so much more you need to add. Be aware of the right technique to brush systematically. Firstly, start brushing your teeth at the back of one side of your mouth and then move front using circular motions. Continue this technique for 2 minutes. When done properly, flossing will help remove food and bacteria stuck in between your teeth.
- Treat your teeth properly
If you are a sportsperson, never injure your teeth by neglecting to wear a sports mouth guard. Wear them correctly as they protect every tooth evenly and allow you to speak and breathe normally. Also, do not gnaw on things you can’t easily open with your hands. Using teeth as tools will damage them; you have to get them permanently removed and replaced with cosmetic dental procedures.
- Book regular visits to a dental clinic
Start forming the habit of visiting your dentist daily. Regular cleanups and checkups are important for the health of your teeth, gums, and mouth. Your dentist will suggest the right visit frequency depending on your oral health. These checkups include taking care of your oral hygiene routine and asking questions about your diet. The alignment of your teeth is taken care of after cosmetic dental procedures, and dentists will see if there is any problem.
Complete Smile Makeover @ Engel Dental Center
A smile makeover is just like storing your confidence and self-esteem. Cosmetic treatments like veneers, dental implants, whitening, or other procedures are just the thing you need. Dentists work closely with patients to customize the treatment according to their needs. One such big example is Engel Dental Center; they get you the most dramatic results in the quickest time. Contact experienced and highly skilled doctors who can help you improve your smile and overall oral health. See their previous work and learn more about them by visiting the official website. If you are looking up for a cosmetic dental procedure lately, reach out to Engel Dental Center today and take your initial consultation!
Everyone wants to have a beautiful smile, and cosmetic dentistry is successful in gifting that!
Read Also :The Advantages of Cosmetic Dentistry