You need to go to the official Canon website ij.start.canon to know how to connect your Canon PIXMA printer to your computer. Also, refer to our printer setup guide to learn how to download and install ij.start.canon drivers to prevent forthcoming difficulties. We understand very well that most users go through the same issue when establishing a connection and downloading printer drivers for their newly bought Canon printer, which is the most common issue.
After reading our setup guide, you can connect your new Canon PIXMA printer within a few minutes by pursuing some easy-breezy steps. All you have to do is go through the step-by-step guide and visit the Canon support website ij.start.canon.
How to Connect the Canon Printer Wirelessly using Ij.start.canon
Before starting the process, there are a few requirements that need to be fulfilled to use the WPS connection method. Visit ij.start.canon to connect your Canon printer model wirelessly with the network.
- The router must have a WPS push button. You need to check with your router’s user guide for more details.
- Your connection should be using the WPA or WPA2 protocol as almost every WPS-enabled network uses this protocol.
- Firstly, ensure that your ij.start.canon printer is turned on.
- If the printer is turned on, the LED will be flashing green light.
- You need to press the Maintenance button on your PIXMA printer and hold it for around 3-5 seconds.
- Then, you have to click on the Fit to Page tab.
- Next, check if the LED ﬂashes, and then go to your access point and hit the WPS button within 2 minutes. For more accurate details regarding the WPS button, you need to refer to the access point manual script.
- Then, you will see that the blue Wi-Fi alarm lamp on your printer is ﬂashing at the time you are searching for or making a connection with the access point.
- After completing the wireless connection, the light will glow for around 3 seconds, then changes to “1”. You need to check that the blue Wi-Fi alarm lamp is also glowing.
- If you see any error codes flashing on the LED, kindly hit on the Colour or Black button to remove the error and simply repeat steps 1 and 2.
Particular error details
Error E, 2, 1.
This error displays when the wireless connection does not get established within 2 minutes after hitting the WPS button of your access point. To make sure of the proper connection setup, you need to follow these instructions from ij.start.canon.
- Make sure if your access point is turned on? If it is already switched on, then turn it off, and again turn it on.
- Also, this error shows when several WPS access points are encountered. In this case, you need to wait for some time, then set up the WPS again.
- If you have multiple access points, you should press the WPS button on just one access point.
How to Configure Network Settings of your Canon Printer using ij.start.canon
To check if your printer is connected to the wireless network, you need to take a test printout for the network settings of your printer. Read the online manual from ij.start.canon for more help.
- First, ensure that you turn on your Canon PIXMA printer.
- Then, load an A4 sheet or Letter-sized plain paper.
- Click on the Maintenance button again and again until the LED displays
- At last, you need to press the Colour push button or the Black button.
- Now, regarding the printout, you should check the Link Status shows Active, and the SSID – (the name of the wireless network) displays the name of your wireless network.
After that, move further by installing the drivers to get the most out of the PIXMA MG3240.
- In case you don’t get the installation disc with your product, kindly download the manuals and software from ij.start.canon to continue.
- Then, click on Yes to agree to the user license agreement.
How to Download the Canon Scanner Driver via ij.start.canon
The Canon PIXMA scanner drivers can be also downloaded manually. You need to download the Canon scanner driver for your scanner from the official website ij.start.canon. Before beginning, you should know your scanner properly, and also you need to know the OS of your device (doesn’t matter if it is Windows 10, Windows 8, or 7, but it must have 64 bit or 32 bits running).
- You need to visit Canon’s official website ij.start.canon.
- Now, enter the Canon scanner model and press the enter key to search for it.
- Next, from the given results, you need to find the Drivers & Downloads tab, and then select the Download option to download the compatible scanner driver into your system.
- At last, you have to install the ij start canon driver on your PC. Though, this process will require some time and computer skills.
So visit your canon website to check all the details relevant of your model.
Thanks to Admin to Allow me to share this Article.