How to Turn off McAfee Antivirus
McAfee, an American multinational security software company, has proven itself to be the most important dedicated security technology company worldwide. The company, which was founded in 1987, creates digital security solutions that can be used on PCs, servers, and mobile devices. It’s good to know that the anti-virus system protects your computer from malicious software trying to install itself without your knowledge. It is therefore necessary to temporarily shut down the computer. There are many ways to turnoff McAfee antivirus. This will depend on whether you have McAfee security center software, or stand-alone McAfee antivirus software.
McAfee Antivirus, a best security software, is designed to protect your computer from malicious programs and other threats. Sometimes it can be too protective and prevent programs you trust from working properly. It’s important to be able to temporarily disable McAfee protection in such situations.
Steps to Disable or Turn Off McAfee Antivirus in Windows 10, 11
Follow the instructions below to turn off McAfee antivirus temporarily on a Windows PC. If your issue not fix after apply these steps you need to contact 806-542-0777 McAfee customer support team to fix it.
1. Select the McAfee icon located in the Notifications section of the Windows taskbar in the lower-right corner of the screen. It looks like a red shield.
2. When the pop-out menu appears, select Open McAfee Total Protection.
3. Go to the PC Security tab.
4. Choose Real-Time Scanning, found in the left menu pane.
5. The Real-Time Scanning dialog window appears, overlaying the McAfee Total Protection dashboard. Select Turn Off to disable active scanning.
6. A confirmation message appears asking if you’re sure you want to turn off real-time scanning. Select Turn Off to continue.
In this blog, we’ll let you know the methods for temporarily disabling McAfee Security Center on Windows or Mac PC. Please note that if it is your only antivirus app, turning off McAfee or how to disable McAfee will leave your computer vulnerable to the virus. Contact McAfee Customer Support team to get instant help.