The Linksys EA6350 Wifi Router promises to deliver an efficient network with a wider range and speed up to N300+ AC867. It helps in reducing the interference from other devices and focuses more on the connected device with the help of beamforming technology. You can perform the Linksys EA6350 Setup with the help of an online setup wizard or by taking the help of the Linksys app. Want more details on the Linksys EA6350 Router Setup process? Read the information below and get a clear picture of its configuration, troubleshooting and reset process.
Prerequisites before Linksys EA6350 Setup
You can make necessary adjustments and get some of the following things ready before starting with the Linksys EA6350 setup process:
- Make sure that the modem is powered OFF.
- If you are thinking of replacing the previous modem, just disconnect it and shift it to any other place.
- Lastly, get the Linksys default credentials handy. You can look for them on the Quickstart guide or at the bottom of the router.
Linksys EA6350 Router Setup process
To begin with the router setup process, go through the following set of instructions:
- Firstly, power on the modem and connect it to the router’s internet port via an ethernet cable.
- Now, connect the power adapter to the router and turn it ON.
- You can wait until the light is solid white on the router.
- Just connect the computer to the Wifi name of the router.
- After opening any compatible browser, input linksyssmartwifi.com in its address bar. You can also use the default IP address here.
- Once you access the setup wizard, check the box beside I have read and accepted the License Terms for using the software. Click on Next to continue further.
- You can also go for the manual configuration if you want to bypass the setup wizard.
Making the necessary changes
Once you access the login page, you can alter the settings and make necessary updates. For more help, refer to the following steps:
- You will notice that the updates for the router are enabled by default. You have the choice to disable them after setting the router. Just click on the Next to continue.
- You can name the network separately. Input the required information and click on Next. There is also an option to use one name for both wifi bands. Click on Give all my wifi bands the same name. Input the required information and choose Next.
Connecting to the wifi
- Now, connect with the new wifi by filling in the required SSID of the new wifi and reach the setup wizard.
- Once you are connected to the new wifi, the wizard will ask you to create a router password and a hint to help you remember the password for the future. Then click on Next.
- The router has been set up and you can print down the router settings if you want. Simply click on Next to continue.
- You can create a Linksys server account to access the router remotely on the computer or a mobile device via the Linksys app.
Follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below to get over some common router issues:
Unsuccessful Linksys EA6350 Setup
In case the Linksys Smart wifi cannot complete the setup, just try the following tips:
- You can temporarily disable the computer’s firewall and try to install the router again.
- Try to use any other device to install the router again.
- Just make sure that the wired connection is proper.
- Also, check the power supply and if you find any fault with the power socket, just plug the router into any other nearby socket.
Internet Cable not plugged in properly
You might see a message appearing Your Internet cable is not plugged in while trying to set up the router. Well, in that case, you can simply follow the below guidelines to fix your issues:
- Firstly, ensure that the ethernet cable or the internet cable is connected properly to the yellow internet port on the back of the router. It must be connected to the appropriate port only.
- Check if the modem is turned On.
- Verify if the cable modem’s Cable port is connected to the coaxial cable which is provided by the ISP. In case you are using the Internet Service which is DSL, just ensure that the DSL phone line is connected to the modem’s DSL port.
- Try to disconnect the computer from the modem if it was previously connected via the USB cable and try to install the router again.
How to reset the router?
You can reset Linksys router using the help of the reset button if you aren’t satisfied with it’s working. But, for your information, it will completely erase all your saved configurations. Make sure you have a proper backup for them. To start with the reset process, just press the reset button with the help of a paperclip. Hold it for like 10 seconds and then install the router again.
The above-mentioned tips will help you to perform the setup process smoothly. Still, if you want more help with the Linksys EA6350 Setup, call our experts now and seek their guidance in this case.
Expecting this if you are facing Linksys RE6500 Blinking Orange light issue, visit.