The asus router login page is access by the web address or ip address .It can always be used in place of the default web address. You can locate it on the model or can find it in the user manual available alongside the product. These gateways help in configuring the wireless settings of the router. You can change the settings like the username and the password anytime as per your requirements. Get more help on the 192.168.1.1 Asus router login process in this blog.
Asus router Login process :
You can log in to the Asus router wireless settings page(Blue GUI) using the default gateway router.asus.com . Follow the steps given below to log in to the router settings page:
- Firstly, connect the router’s LAN port to the PC’s LAN port using an ethernet cable.
- Input the default IP address of the router in the address bar. Makes sure that the browser you are using should be compatible.
- You can also take the help of the default gateways like router.asus.com or the other gateway repeater.asus.com.
- When the login page appears, input the router’s username as well as the password. Keep in mind that the default username and the password are ‘admin ’.The default login credentials are totally different from the SSID and the password which you used to connect wirelessly.
- Once you are successfully logged in, you can view the wireless settings page known as the web-based utility of the router. Here, feel free to modify the settings as many times as you wish.
Accessing the asus router login page using the Web GUI
When you plan to log in to the Web GUI for the very first time, you will be directed to the Quick Internet Setup QIS) page. Follow the simple series of instructions given below to begin with the login process:
- Firstly, make sure that the router is powered on and its LED light is stable. You can connect your wifi-enabled device to the router either in a wired manner or wirelessly.
- Type in the default IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of the browser. Again, check if the browser that you are using is compatible.
- Gather your IP information from the router’s label or from the user manual which came along with the package.
- Just input the router’s login credentials on the login page.
- Use the Web-based GUI to configure the setting of the Asus router.
Not able to access the asus router login page
You can easily fix this error using the methods given below. Just follow the steps given below if you wish to access the login page:
Reboot the router
The very first step which you must take to troubleshoot the error of failed router login access is to troubleshoot the device. A simple troubleshoot can mend your various issues. You don’t have to proceed further for implementing other tips. The case might be resolved here. Unplug the devices for a few minutes and then plug them back.
Verify the login credentials
The login credentials which you are going to use are case-sensitive. You can’t simply input them without caring less about their capitalization. Most importantly, if you changed them previously, you can not configure your router using the default credentials. In case you forget the admin password which you customized before, reset the router in that case then. There is no other way to retrieve it back.
Check for the wired connection
The wires which you are using to connect the computer and the router should be tight enough to hold back the devices. If somewhere they get loose or experience any damage, it will affect the connectivity and the devices may turn off within a matter of seconds. Even the other cables you are using should be finger-tight.
Keep the firmware of the router updated
Whenever you are notified of a new firmware update, don’t delay the process as this may affect your device’s performance in a long run. You can download the latest firmware and upload it anytime. This will enhance the device’s functionality and you can work smoothly.
Check the Behaviors of Indicator Lights
The indicator lights signify the status of the router. If you notice any unusual behaviour of the light, try the above-mentioned tips and solve your issues. Don’t ignore the LED lights and if nothing helps, you can reset the router. This will surely rectify your problem.
If you fail to access the router in any way or the other and it is giving issues and trouble in its performance, you can reset it. When you reset your Asus router, it will erase all the personalized settings stored earlier. Follow the steps given below for the same.
Methods to reset the Asus router
You can perform the Asus router reset using the methods given below. We can discuss each of them in detail below:
- Locate the reset button on the router. The location of the reset button may vary with the model.
- Now, press the reset button using a paper clip. Keep it pressed for around 5-10 seconds and wait until the power LED light flashes.
- You can wait until the LED lights turn ON again.
The router has been reset successfully. Remember that you can also use the WPS button to reset the router.
Login using the Web GUI
- Firstly, log in to the web-based interface of the router.
- After that, you can click the Administration
- Now select the Restore/Save/Upload Setting
- Hit the Restore button to reset your router to factory defaults.
- Lastly, You will notice a pop-up window asking for confirmation to continue the factory reset of the router. Press OK if you are sure to reset the router. Please wait until the router finishes rebooting.
The Asus router login process can be performed by using the above-mentioned ways. If you wish to learn more about the process, get in touch with our experts now. Our experts will be helping you at every point and resolve your issues within mintue.