QuickBooks is a valuable apparatus for little and medium-sized entrepreneurs who come from a non-bookkeeping foundation. It can incorporate powerful office applications and frameworks while staying aware of your accounting needs. It is difficult for such individuals to envision even a solitary day of work without bookkeeping programming. Nonetheless, what might occur if the QuickBooks Won’t Open or get some margin to begin? It very well may be a bad dream for your bustling timetables, and with no specialized ability, you can’t tackle the blunder rapidly. In the present blog, we will examine the purposes for the issue and express the potential answers to help you out.
What Causes QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start Error?
QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t start due to various reasons and they are mentioned below.
- Very long company name
- Corrupted Hard disk
- Improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file
- Out of date operating system
Read More: QuickBooks error 6143
Side effects of QuickBooks won’t Open Company File
- A non-working QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once in a while framework hangs decently.
- QB work area not introduced accurately.
- The framework answers gradually while utilizing the mouse snap and console.
- Unfit to open QuickBooks organization document.
How to Fix QuickBooks Won’t Open
Method 1: Close QuickBooks Processes
There are instances when some QuickBooks Related processes remain active in the background even when we are not working in the QuickBooks, shutting down these processes, and re-starting the program may resolve the problem.
- Type in Task Manager in the windows search box, and open the Task Manager program.
- Click the Processes tab in the task manager and look for the **QBW32.exe**
- Select the QBW32.exe process and end it by clicking on the end process.
Method 2: **Force close the QuickBooks Desktop Application.
Sometimes the QuickBooks program is fine and the damage is done in the QuickBooks company file, in such cases, we need to make sure that the QuickBooks program itself is working. It may be possible that QuickBooks is trying to open up your previous damaged company file, so it is important to isolate the two.
- Open the option for the QuickBooks icon on the desktop, press and hold the Ctrl key and click the open option from the drop-down menu. Keep a hold on the Ctrl key until you have the ‘No Company Open’ window.
- You can now try opening the QuickBooks company file.
Method 3: **Run the QBInstall tool.
One can always download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix almost every error that appears while opening up the QuickBooks program.
- Download QBInstall Tool.
- After the download is complete, save the file to the desktop.
- Close all the programs before proceeding, and then run the QBInstall tool.
- To ensure all the program components are working properly, please restart your computer once.
Method 4: Reinstalling the Program.
- Firstly, you need to close QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub file form here. Also, save the file where it can be accessed easily.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions for installing the tool and also agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now you need to double click the icon on the Windows desktop to open the tool hub.