QuickBooks error H101 happens when a user tries to open the company file or folder on some other device. It shows that to access the file, your system needs more configuration. It is a technical problem that can happen for various reasons and can also be easily solved. But How to fix QuickBooks error h101?
In this article, check out every detail about QuickBooks error h101.
Why does the QuickBooks error H101 occur?
You can end up with QuickBooks error H101 due to the following reasons.
- Incorrect DNS setting.
- Improper Host setting.
- Damage in your system that is creating issues while linking to the server.
- Corrupted file configuration can be one of the main reasons.
- QuickBooks services like QBCFMonitor can not work on the server.
- Improper or incorrect Installation.
- A blocked Firewall setting can also create issues while using the company file.
- QuickBooks services have not started yet.
- Wrong configuration of .ND Files
How to fix QuickBooks error h101?
There are multiple solutions available to fix QuickBooks error h101, but in this article, we will cover a few of the best and safest for you.
Solution 1: Download and run the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
The first thing we will advise you is to install and then use the QuickBook tool Hub. It is one of the best tools to fix errors like H101.
Below we have provided you with a step-by-step procedure to install and run the QuickBooks Tool Hub in your system.
How to Download and run QuickBooks Tool Hub
To install QuickBooks tool Hub
- Close the QuickBooks Software at First.
- Then, in your system, Install the “QuickBooks Tool Hub File.”
- Decide a folder to save the “QuickBooks tool hub .exe file”.
- Then you have to follow the given instruction from their side.
- After downloading the Tool, click on the Tool icon to start it.
Note: Install the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
How to use QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system
To use it on your system, follow these steps.
- Click on the Window icon, present at the bottom side of the screen
- Then go to the Search Box
- Write QuickBooks Tool Hu” in the box.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Company files.
Solution 2: Make Changes in the Firewall settings.
To safeguard the system, installing a firewall is a common practice people follow. However, Firewalls sometimes block a few programs or apps, which leads to you not being able to use your company file. So, we will explain to you the process of making changes in the Firewall settings to get access to the apps to perform.
- To open the Run Dialogue Box, use the Window + R keys simultaneously.
- In the Run Box, write Control, and click on OK.
- Now, select the System and Security option.
- And then, after that, click on the Windows Defender Firewall.
- You can see on the left of the screen the option to Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- From the long list of active software, give permission to QuickBooks.
- At last, hit the OK button to confirm.
Solution 3: Create a New Folder to change the company File Location.
To fix QuickBooks Error H101, another method you can use is creating a New Folder to change the file’s location. To do so:
To do so:
- Create a New Folder.
- The next step is to share that New Folder with the Hosting system.
- After that, set the windows to allow the sharing of company files.
- Then, to the new Folder, copy the Qbw file.
- After that, click on the Open Company File option and Go to the Next Button.
- Now, check your New Folder, and hit the Open Button to open the company files in Multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Launch the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool assists you in finding errors in the system and also solves those errors easily. Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub Program to further use the Quickbooks File Doctor tool.
- Install the Tool first.
- Then open it with the help of its desktop icon.
- After that, Select the File Doctor Tool.
- Provide permission to work on its diagnosis.
Note: The last step is a bit time taking.
Solution 5: Disable the Multi-user Access Mode.
You need to take care that a server should be the only device where multi-user mode is enabled. But, if you see a QuickBooks h101 error on more than one workstation ( except the hosting machine), it’s a sign of Multi-user mode being enabled.
So, to disable multi-user mode on different workstations, you have to follow these steps.
Open the QuickBooks Software in which you are facing the QuickBooks error H101.
- Click on the File option.
- Then hit the Utility option.
- If, after that, an option of “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” is visible, then select it.
- However, if there is “Host Multi-User Access”, you don’t have to select anything.
Note: Follow the same steps for all the Workstations where the problem is arising. After that, Go to your service device and host the company file.
To host a company file, you can follow these steps.
- Open the QuickBooks Software.
- Click on the File option.
- Go to the Utilities.
- Then if there is a “Host Multi-User Access” option visible, then click it and follow the instruction from their side.
- And if there is “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access”, then leave it as it is.
- By this, you can enable the multi-user mode on the server computer and stop it from other workstations.
Solution 6 : Verify the QuickBooks services
There will be QuickBooks error H101 on your screen if you are not able to access various QuickBooks services, for example, QBCFMonitorService.XX & QuickBooksDBXX. So, we have to Enable these QuickBooks services, to remove the error. To restart and verify the disabled services for QuickBooks:
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- Hit the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- A Search Dialog Box will appear on your screen.
- Write down “Services. MSC”, in the search box, and then click on OK.
- Then check the “Services” and find “QuickBooksDBXX”.
- Open it.
- In the Startup Type Choose the Automatic option.
Note: The displayed service status should always be Running.
- Then Go to Recovery Tab, and in the First Failure, Subsequent Failure, and Second Failure, Hit Restart the service.
- Followed by the Apply button.
A similar process is done for QBCFMonitorService, after doing so, follow the below procedure to solve the problem.
- Launch the QuickBooks Software.
- Hit the File menu.
- Then Hit the Switch to Multi-User Mode.
And you are done!
Solution 7: Use the Database Server Manager.
If the problem is error h101, then use QuickBooks Database Server Manager to resolve your issue.
- Search QuickBooks Tool Hub in the search bar present in your system.
- Then, click on the Network issues Tab.
- After that, Select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- If your company file location is correctly visible, then, Click on the Start Scan option.
- If it is not visible, then hit on the browser to choose the Company File and then click on the Start Scan option.
- At this point, your Firewall will be fixed with the help of QuickBooks Database Server Manager, and also provide permission to all the needed workstations.
- Then, close it by clicking on the Close option.
- At last, open the QuickBooks Desktop software, and then there, switch to the Multi-User Mode.
All the above sets of the method are enough for you to fix your QuickBooks error H101, but if you still need expert advice. You can contact us at (website name), and you can also call us at +1 855 706 0905 Our team of Experts are available to help you 24*7. Contact us, and get your solution.