QuickBooks error code 80070057 can be seen when the user tries to open the file from the workstation located on a server or a host system. This is also termed as QuickBooks multi-user setup. Moreover, the user might end up in such an error when the QuickBooks accounts manager creates the company file in QuickBooks 2014, and when the user tries to open the same file and it doesn’t open. This error might appear due to a lot of factors, which will be discussed later in this post. To know more, make sure to read this post carefully till the end. You can also make a call at our QuickBooks toll-free customer support number+1-844-521-0490. Our team will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.
What triggers to QuickBooks error 80070057?
The user might end up in QuickBooks error 80070057 due to the following factors:
- In case the antivirus used is Bit defender that stops uncommon ports when the data accumulates between devices. QuickBooks desktop 2018, 2017, and 2016 uses the database server running on the host system.
- Or if the third-party firewall is not exactly applicable.
- Same error might appear on the screen, if the device has some connectivity issues when the user trying to open a company file kept in some other folder.
- The user is trying to open the company file by double clicking when you should be opening the file from inside QuickBooks desktop.
Steps to fix the error
The user can fix the QuickBooks error 80070057 by making use of QuickBooks database server manager. The user is recommended to open QuickBooks database server manager on the server or the file hosting system and rescan the company file folder. The steps to be followed here are:
- At first, the user needs to look for QuickBooks database server manager and clicking on the same and opening it
- After that, in case the user spots the company file folder already listed, then it is recommended to select scan option or click on add folder
- Followed by browsing to the folder location and also selecting the folder and opting for it
- The next step is to click on scan just as suggested in the previous step
- Moving ahead, then scan primarily reconfigures the QuickBooks file sharing permissions in order to make it accessible to all QuickBooks workstations and does report the errors regarding firewall and internet security settings for QuickBooks or in case the antivirus program is blocking QuickBooks
- The last step is to open the file from the serve or host system and then from the system that showed up QuickBooks error code 80070057.
The QuickBooks error code 80070057 can be resolved easily, once the above stated steps are followed properly. However, if you are stuck at any point of time or if you need any sort of technical assistance, then give us a call at +1-844-521-0490. Our technically sound team of QuickBooks Support experts will ensure to provide you with instant support services.