Overview: If your broadband light blinking red ATT, and you want to resolve it. Then you are on the right page. This blog will explain the causes of the issue and the solutions to fix it.
Your broadband blinks red because your router is facing an internet issue. That means there is no internet connection. Therefore, you will find that your others devices are not connected to the internet server. On that note, there can be various reasons why your ATT broadband light blinks red.
Reasons for Broadband Light Blinking Red ATT
This issue can occur due to many reasons. Following are some of them:
- AT&T servers being down
- Power issue to the device
- Due to faulty connections, there is trouble connecting to the servers
- Updated needed for device
- Faulty Hardware
After knowing the reasons, it’s time to fix the issue.
Before fixing the issue, you have to know what the problem actually means. The red light is an indication that your broadband signal is working, but there is no connection established.
What do the ATT Broadband Router Lights Indicate?
Generally, besides the red light, there are also different lights on the ATT router. Let’s know about them.
- Flashing Red Light: The broadband signal is noticed, but there is no connection.
- Solid Red: There is no signal on a line.
- Flashing Green: The router is in the powering process or trying to get a broadband connection.
- Solid Green: Good and strong broadband signal.
- Flashing Yellow: The LTE device is in place but not operating correctly.
Things to do Before Fixing Broadband Light Blinking Red ATT?
A flashing red light can make your internet go down. Users find themselves in a panic state. Because they absolutely have no idea about this and what to do. There are actually some points you can try to get rid of the issue soon. So, try out the following:
- Upgrade your Router Firmware
- Move your router
- Avoid any interference
- Check for Overheating
How to Fix Broadband Light Blinking Red ATT?
If you still face the issue after doing all the above things, then follow the methods to fix the problem.
Method 1: Restart Modem or Gateway
To fix the ATT router blinking red issue, you should unplug the power connection. After that, you have to wait at least 15 seconds. It will give enough time to rest and cool in overheating scenarios. Now, plug it back in power. After this, turn on the router. Then check for the broadband light blinking red ATT or not. It can take up to four-five minutes. Also, make sure that the connection is established correctly. Mainly, this solution works many times. But there is also a little chance that it can’t fix the issue. In case, follow the following method.
Method 2: Update the Modem Software
The following method to fix the broadband light blinking red ATT router is to examine the firmware version of the gateway.
Outdated firmware can limit the gateway’s ability to perform well. Here you can discover and update the firmware of the device:
- Firstly, connect the router/gateway to the PC or laptop using an Ethernet cable.
- Secondly, type the IP address into the web browser’s address bar.
- Then, enter the details to sign in to your admin configuration.
- After that, from the left side, pick AT&T Software Update>>Check For Updates.
- Wait for the hardware to find any update is required.
- If any update is available, click on the Software Update.
Method 3: Factory Reset the AT&T Modem
Following are steps to the factory reset the AT&T modem to fix the broadband light blinking red ATT issue:
- Firstly, find a SIM card pin or a paper pin.
- Secondly, locate the Reset button from the backside of the modem.
- After that, press the reset button using the pin and keep holding it for 5-10 seconds until the lights go off.
- Release it when the modem light turns on.
Method 4: Change the Connector
In this process, there is no need for any technical knowledge. There is a plastic connector at the end of the broadband cable. It makes the connection between the router and the broadband cable. You just need to examine the broadband cables properly. See if there are any damages that prevent it from functioning correctly. However, if the connector creates the issue, then change it immediately. After that, connect a new one. It can eventually help you to solve the problem.
Method 5: Check For Loose Connections
Generally, the loose connection also leads you to a broadband light blinking red ATT issue. Sometimes, the loose users don’t notice the loose cable connections. It could be that some of the cables were unplugged by mistake. Plug the cables tightly and to the correct broadband port.
Remove the deluge protectors, battery units, and other components to offer a direct connection for a smooth connection. In addition, find the cables for any wear and tear. If the cables are old, replace them with new ones.
Method 6: Check for Outages
A sudden internet or power outage can affect your ATT router’s functioning. Thus, it causes broadband light blinking red ATT issue. If you are not sure there is an ATT internet outage, you can examine their outage sites for updates. On the other hand, bad weather like heavy rains or storms can also affect the internet. Thus you face the error.
That’s all. We are at the end of our write-up. We present you the best techniques to fix the Broadband light blinking red ATT. We also mention the causes behind the issue. You can use the above data and resolve your ATT router login issue. If you find any difficulty in the above information, please do comment. We will get back to you in some time. If your ATT broadband blinking red, then contact the experts. They are available round the clock and assist you with your problem.