Postingtree! Looking for a quick and reliable solution for “How to export Outlook contacts to Yahoo”? Then you came to the right place. This post will show you a step-by-step way to move your Outlook PST file to Yahoo Mail.
In this digital era, both Outlook and Yahoo are the most used email client applications by professional users. Outlook applications can be called desktop-based and web-based whereas Yahoo is a web-based email application. Many Outlook users store large amounts of data on the desktop version of their Outlook application. Therefore, whenever a user wants to access Outlook data, they can only access it if they have set up an Outlook account. Therefore, the Outlook contacts file needs to be imported into some web-based email clients such as Yahoo Mail. Keep reading this entire blog to find a solution to this problem.
Why Do Users Want to Export Outlook PST Contacts into Yahoo Mail?
- User wants to collect all contacts from various PST files archived in Yahoo Mail for use in one place.
- Sometimes, Yahoo Business users want to have a contact database of all their employees in their Yahoo for Small Business account.
- During a job change, some Outlook users want to transfer Outlook contacts to Yahoo Mail because they don’t want to lose important contacts.
- Sometimes, Yahoo Mail users receive contacts with the PST file extension and want to import them into Yahoo Mail.
Expert Techniques to Export Outlook Contacts to Yahoo
SysTools vCard Export Tool is the best software to transfer Outlook PST contacts to Yahoo Mail in bulk automatically. The software guarantees all properties and fields associated with a particular contact, such as: Personal information: contact details, full address, email address, etc. This tool only converts the default Outlook Address Book contacts to other formats compatible with various applications. The interface of this tool is very secure and easy to understand and provides the right platform for the users to convert PST contacts to Yahoo CSV. No further technical knowledge is required during the conversion process.
Trial Limitations: The free demo version of the vCard export tool will allow users to export only the first 15 contacts from each folder. You must activate the software before you can convert all data. Just complete the purchase process and you will receive an email with the product activation code within 15 minutes.
Complete Working Steps to Export Outlook PST Contacts to Yahoo CSV
- Launch the software on your computer System
- “Choose File” or “Select Folder” button to upload the Outlook PST contact’s file
- Preview contact file with all properties and details. Select the contacts to export
- Now click on the Yahoo CSV file format and provide a destination location to save the file. Then click the Export button
- A successful notification message confirms the export process. Click OK
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account and see all your contacts in separate folders.
Manual Approach to Export Outlook Contacts to Yahoo
If you want to Move Outlook PST contacts to Yahoo contacts following the manual technique, you need to follow 2 main steps.
Step 1 – Export Contacts
- Launch your Microsoft Outlook email client and click File
- Click the Open and Export option from the drop-down menu
- Next, select the import / export option
- Select Export to file in the pop-up window
- Click the Next button and select Comma Separated Values
- Next, click the Next button and select Contacts
- Click the Next button and browse the destination path
- Pick the Next button and then Hit Finish
- Export Outlook PST contacts to CSV file extension
- Get contacts with CSV file extension from a specific location.
Step 2: Import Your Contacts
- Start Yahoo Mail’s cloud-based email service
- Select the Contacts option from the menu
- Click on the 3 dots icon and select the option to import from another account
- Select the Import File Upload option
- Find the CSV file and click the Import button.
By following the above process, you can easily import Outlook file contacts into Yahoo Mail without losing any data. But to get the same functionality, it is highly recommended that you backup your Outlook contacts and then proceed with the required process because if anything goes wrong for any reason, all your contacts may be lost.
Limitations of the Manual Method
- Quite a long process
- This requires a lot of technical knowledge.
- There is no guarantee of data accuracy
- Some information may be lost.
- Cannot import PST contacts into Outlook (Outlook must be running)
In this article, we describe several ways to export Outlook contacts to Yahoo CSV. Users can choose any method according to their convenience and choice. We have provided a comprehensive way to do this manually, however, as mentioned above, it has a number of drawbacks. So, for users who want to follow a safe, fast and simple method, you can use the software we mentioned in the article. The software is compatible with Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 and various other Outlook.