In this article we will explain all the guides to export lotus notes names.nsf to CSV format. This is one of the most searched queries in today’s rush hour. In fact, we also receive most of the inquiries from our respective customers. If you are one of those users too, don’t worry, keep reading this blog to get the complete solution.
In this digital world, every organization needs a database to manage their work and customer data. It means an organized collection of data that is stored in a file format called a database. Small organizations use files such as CSV to store their databases. But large companies use cloud storage or hosted databases to manage their work. However, there are many users who want to extract the database from their email client.
Lotus Notes is a very powerful collaboration tool from IBM for managing e-mail and other GroupWise projects. IBM Notes works with a variety of local and collaborative server applications, such as email, contacts, calendar, personal information management, or the Web. Lotus Notes was renamed IBM Notes in 1995 and is now known as HCL Notes. It saves its database in an NSF file.
A CSV file or Comma Separated Values file format is a simple ASCII text file with one record per file and all fields separated by commas. This document or text file will appear as a separate note in the CSV file. However, Lotus Notes has the ability to export to a CSV file, it exports only the view data, it only copies the data to a new file. It does not export email, contacts, calendar or other Lotus Notes item details to a CSV file.
Manual Method to Export Lotus Notes Names.nsf to CSV
- First, Launch the IBM Notes application on your system and click Contacts
- After that, the Lotus Notes roster will open and you will see all the details that belong to your contact data
- Then click the Other button and select Export Contact from the list of options provided to convert Names.nsf to CSV
- In the Export Contacts dialog box, optionally specify the contacts you want to export, such as All Contacts or Selected Contacts
- In addition, you need to select the radio button below the specified section. That is, select all or only basic fields to indicate that each contact’s information is included
- In the same Export Contacts window, browse to, select, and name the location where you want to save the generated CSV file. Also, select [Comma separated value (CSV)] from [File type] and click the [Export] button
- It will take some time for the export process to complete. Later, you can easily save Lotus Note contact files in CSV format
- By following the steps above, you can export Names.nsf to CSV exactly and easily.
Does Everything Work Fine With the Manual Solution?
When it comes to manual solutions, they have some limitations that make users resort to third party solutions.
- Despite using the free manual process, it is not possible to import all the information. Sometimes logos and contact pictures are removed or moved when transferring from Lotus Notes to CSV.
- For beginners, this is a very complicated and time consuming process.
- This task is not suitable for transferring large NSF data files.
Automatic Solution to Export Lotus Notes Names.nsf to CSV
The manual method above may help. However, there are also limitations, slow processes, inability to selectively convert, and many other reasons. In this case, it makes sense to use a automatic solution to convert NSF files to CSV using expert tools. One of them is the NSF to CSV Converter Software. This application allows users to efficiently convert Names.nsf files to CSV format. The wizard is equipped with advanced algorithms for your convenience. In addition, its intuitive graphical interface assists non-technical users in the conversion process.
Quick Steps to Convert Lotus Notes Names.nsf File to CSV Format
- Download and Install the application
- Select NSF File and use the Add File option to add the NSF file
- Now, Choose the Export tab to complete the conversion process
- Select CSV from the given list of options
So the above blog describes two solutions to export Lotus Notes Names.nsf to CSV. Both of the above solutions are easy to use, but professional solutions are much better than manual solutions. I also recommend that you continue to use the automated method, which helps you get things done quickly without any problems. If you have any questions, you can contact us via live chat support.