One of the major queries of Exchange users, nowadays, is to know how to export disconnected mailbox to PST format. So that, they can easily import into Exchange Server and its different versions. A disconnected mailbox is an inactive mailbox and does not link with any of the items. Also, it is impossible for users to directly export the data from them, thus for this, a better effective solution is needed to carry out the data in a better way. If you are also one of those users who are finding a solution for the same, then this blog is perfect for you. Here, we will discuss the step-by-step and will carry out the better results.
Users usually export disconnected mailbox to PST because it is the most portable file format and stores the entire mailbox items properly in a well-managed format. And, by exporting data into PST, users can import the data directly into Outlook.
Even though there is one of the other techniques of New-MailboxExportRequest but the main limitation that arises here is that you can only use this request when Exchange is not connected to the AD account. There are two solutions to export exchange disconnected mailbox to PST.
Automated Solution to Export Disconnected Mailbox to PST – Professional Solution
We will use one of the perfect utilities, the Best Rated EDB to PST Converter recommended by SysTools. The software has been developed with a highly technological algorithm that will bring out the results in just a few minutes. Most professionals and experts use this utility while they are exporting the mailbox data to PST format.
This tool supports all types of EDB files whether they are corrupted, damaged, or orphaned. While uploading these types of files, the software offers an Advance Scan feature that will take care of the other data from damaged or corrupted files.
The utility also has the ability to export public folders to PST without facing any issues. Moreover, the software has been defined with an advanced algorithm that possesses multiple features and it not only exports the data into PST but also in other formats such as converting EDB files to PDF, EDB to MBOX, EDB to MSG, EDB to EML, and EDB to HTML.
How to Export Disconnected Mailboxes to PST Exchange 2016?
- Run the mentioned utility in your existing system. From the Menu >> Add File.
- Choose the files directly from the system and after uploading. You can be able to see the entire preview of all the files and folders on the screen.
- View the EDB files in different modes and Select the required number of emails from there that you want to export.
- Select the file saving option as PST from the list of formats and you can also choose the additional settings option.
- Enter the location where you want to store the exported data and click on Export to start the process.
- Wait for a couple of minutes, and you can be able to see the resultant message on the screen.
Hence, by performing these simple steps, you can easily export the mailbox. Go to the Open Folder, and you can be able to see the resultant PST files there.
Also Read: Export Gmail to Outlook PST
Features of the Given Tool
- The software is easy-to-use and can be easily used by all the users whether they are from technical or non-technical backgrounds.
- It will create a UNICODE PST file that can be easily used by all the versions of Outlook and in Exchange 2016, 2013, 2019, and other versions.
- Bulk Extraction of EDB data items is done with 100% precision. And, maintains the hierarchy of all the files and folders.
- Supports orphaned, corrupted, or damaged files and easily export the data from them.
- Date Range option to carry out the emails of a particular duration.
- Filter option to search for an email using different intents such as To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, and other Email header intents.
- Also, it is compatible with multiple formats and exports the data in them.
Free Way to Export Disconnected Mailbox to PST
There is no direct way to export the data from disconnected mailboxes. So, what we will do, will connect the disconnected mailbox to any existing account or we will create a temporary account for it. After connecting your account, continue with the mentioned steps below:
- Run Exchange Management Console in your system >> Recipient Configuration.
- After that, you can be able to see the disconnected mailbox option.
- And, you can be able to see the list of mailboxes there. Choose a specific mailbox >> Click on it >> Connect.
- Then, from the wizard, choose the Existing user option. Choose any mailbox with which you want to connect your disconnected mailbox.
- Enter the Alias option and Next.
- In the end, click on the Connect button to proceed further.
After performing these simple steps, just continue with the New-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet. If you are facing any kind of issues while continuing with this, then switch to the automated solution mentioned above and get the needed results.
Therefore, in the end, just wanted to say, that we have completely defined the entire solution. You can easily export disconnected mailboxes to PST Exchange 2019, 2016, and 2013. The manual solution is complicated to use and is lengthy, also to save most of the time and effort. That’s why we recommend you to use the professional solution and carry out the better results.