The Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender replicates the wireless signal of any access point or router to provide internet connectivity in hard-to-reach areas. The extender provides wireless coverage of up to 10,000 square feet. The Linksys RE6500 setup is really straightforward, and there is no need for an installation CD.
You can wirelessly stream HD-quality videos and play online games without stops or latency thanks to its high-speed AC technology. With speeds ten times faster than Quick Ethernet, the RE6500 has four Gigabit Ethernet ports for fast and dependable wired connections to computers and other Internet-ready devices.
Linksys RE6500 Setup with Manual method
- To get started, plug your RE6500 range extender into a wall outlet.
- Connect your PC or laptop to the internet and turn it on.
- Your WiFi password will be requested in a new window.
- The password must then be entered in order to proceed.
- On your PC or laptop, open any online browser.
- Visit the extender.linksys.com website.
- The default login page for the range extender will now show.
- Enter the user ID and password in the corresponding fields.
- Then click the login icon at the bottom.
On the screen, a series of instructions will appear. Simply keep a close eye on them.
You can easily complete the RE6500 Setup this way. If you’re having trouble setting up your extender using the steps above, please visit our Linksys Extender Setup page for more information.
If you’re still having trouble setting up your RE6500 WiFi range extender, call our knowledgeable specialists at and they’ll help you with any RE6500 configuration issues.
How to setup Linksys RE6500 with WPS method?
To use the WPS technique to configure your Linksys RE6500, follow the steps below:
- Turn on the Linksys RE6500 AC1200 router to begin.
- The RE6500 should be in the same room as the router.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Make sure the LED lights on the RE6500 extender are blinking properly.
- Place the Linksys AC1200 extender in a convenient location.
- Finally, you can use the Linksys RE6500 WIFI Extender to connect wireless devices.
How do you upgrade the firmware on a Linksys RE6500 extender?
To update the firmware on your Linksys RE6500 AC1200, follow these steps:
- To begin, make sure the Linksys RE6500 is plugged into a power outlet.
- Go to extender.linksys.com right now.
- You’ve arrived to the login page for the repeater. Please enter your e-mail address as well as your password.
- Go to the Administration menu and click Firmware Upgrade after you’ve signed in.
- Click “Update Now” after selecting your most current upgrade.
- Check your AC1200’s version before clicking the download button.
- After downloading the most recent version, open and run the file.
Linksys RE6500 Extender Common Issues
- www.extender.linksys.com The web-based setup page for the Linksys RE6500 is not working.
- No light error on Linksys RE6500.
- The extension isn’t functioning properly.
- I can’t seem to get the default IP address for a Linksys extender.
- Issues with internet accessibility
- The Linksys AC1200 won’t let you log in.
- It is not possible to access the default login web URL.
- The Linksys AC1200 WiFi extender’s setup page is not working.
- The WiFi booster is turned on, but no internet access is available.
- The configuration CD had gone missing.
- The Linksys RE6500 does not reset the cable.
- I’m having trouble configuring the Linksys AC1200 RE6500 extender.
- Linksys AC1200 extender has an orange light fault.
If you need immediate troubleshooting support with any of the Linksys RE6500 AC1200 dual-band wireless range extender setup issues described above, contact our highly-experienced technicians right away.
Linksys RE6500 Reset
The Linksys extender occasionally fails to function properly. In that scenario, the Linksys re6500 wifi extender must be reset. Resetting the Linksys router to its default settings takes only a few seconds. While working with Linksys re6500, the connection is occasionally disrupted. The following are a few possible causes:
Using Web interface
- To reach the official website of Linksys re6500 setup, use any updated browser on your system and type Extender.linksys.com or the default IP address of 192.168.1.1.
- You must log in to the admin panel on that page using the default username and password.
- After logging in, you’ll notice that the configuration settings are all set to default.
- Then, under the administration tab of the web interface, you’ll find a sub-tab called factory default, which is located under the administration tab.
- On the factory default page, you’ll locate the Restore factory default button. Go to the button page and click on it.
Using Reset Button
- Connect the Linksys Wifi Extender to the router and push the reset button for a few seconds until the power light blinks. Release the reset button once the light begins to blink.
- After the indicator stops blinking, turn off the power supply switch for a few seconds to turn off the router’s power source.
- After that, restart the device and connect the router to a working power outlet.
- Last but not least, when the power light’s colour changes to solid, the router is ready to use.
Steps to troubleshoot the Linksys RE6500
The following Linksys extender troubleshooting methods can assist in the resolution of RE6500 Extender Setup difficulties for inexperienced users:
- Connect your device to a high-speed internet connection that already exists.
- Check to see if the extension is receiving adequate power from the wall outlet.
- Your Linksys RE6500 extender’s firmware should be updated to the most recent version.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminium studs, and other similar objects.
- Examine each and every wire connection.
- Make sure you’ve entered the correct URL in the address field if you’re having difficulties accessing the extender.linksys.com RE6500 web-based setup.
- Only use the most recent version of your web browser when logging into Linksys AC1200 RE6500.
- Before attempting to set up your Linksys AC1200 RE6500 extender again, power cycle it.
- Look for your default login credentials in the Linksys RE6500 instructions if you’ve misplaced or forgotten them.
- Reset the Linksys RE6500 wireless router.
Have none of the above troubleshooting suggestions worked for you? To resolve your Linksys RE6500 extender setup issues, simply contact our experts.