If you have made your TikTok videos public, other TikTok users can post comments on them. However, we all know that not all comments are nice and with good intentions. Hate comments on TikTok are not uncommon, and unfortunately, they are part of social media today, especially if your videos on TikTok are viral.
How to delete TikTok comment is one of the most commonly asked questions about the app. TikTok Comments can be deleted for various reasons, such as spam, offensive, or unwanted. Deleting comments is easy, but it can only be done from within the app.
And in case you are still wondering what it takes to go viral on this platform, you can check out our blog – we have the ultimate guide tips, and tricks for going viral on TikTok in 2022. So it’s definitely convenient that TikTok, like the other media platforms, allows you to moderate the comments posted to your videos, and also remove them if you think are not suitable.
Read below to learn how to do it.
How to delete a comment on TikTok from mobile
- Open the TikTok app and tap on the profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the video that you want to moderate.
- Tap on the comments icon from the right-hand side menu, which looks like a speech bubble with three dots inside.
- Long-press on the comment you want to delete.
- Tap ‘Delete’.
How to delete a comment on TikTok from desktop
Although TikTok is less commonly used from a web browser, you can still delete a comment on TikTok from a desktop web browser.
- Go to tiktok.com from your preferred browser and log into your account.
- Hover over your profile picture in the top-right corner and click on ‘View profile.
- Select the video you want to moderate.
- Put your cursor over the comment you want to delete. You should see an ellipsis (three horizontal dots) appear to the right of the comment.
- With your mouse hover over the ellipsis and click on ‘Delete’ in the pop-up menu.
Note: TikTok doesn’t ask you for confirmation before deleting a comment. Also, you can’t retrieve a deleted comment. So before you delete a comment, make sure you really want it gone.
Also, learn how to delete a couple of dozen draft videos you have made before creating the perfect TikTok video.
Bonus: Read how to pin comments on your TikTok videos.
How to delete a comment you’ve posted on TikTok
If you want to delete a comment you’ve posted on a video:
- Go to the video or open the comment thread you’ve commented on.
- Find your comment, and tap and hold on to it.
- Tap on ‘Delete’ in the pop-up window.
Note: You can only delete comments you have made and not other users’ comments on videos that are not your own.
Also, you can’t bring back a comment once you’ve deleted it. So if you are deleting a comment because you’ve made a typo, make sure to ‘Copy’ the comment because you tap on ‘Delete’. After deleting it, you can paste the text and edit it before reposting in it a comment.
Alternatively, you can use one of the options to limit comments on TikTok.
If you want to learn more helpful TikTok tips, check out how to delete your TikTok account if you don’t have access to the phone number you’ve signed up with.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I delete someone else’s comment?
You can only remove comments to your own videos on TikTok. To delete a comment, tap and hold on to the comment, next tap ‘Delete’.
How to mass-delete comments on TikTok?
TikTok has made it possible to bulk or mass-delete, and reports comments in order to prevent bullying on the app.
You can select up to 100 comments at once to delete or report as inappropriate. Long-press on a comment or tap on the pencil icon to get access to more options. Then choose whether to delete, block or report them.
If I comment on a TikTok but then delete it, will the creator still know I commented?
Users get a notification when you comment on their videos. But if you delete the comment before they see it, TikTok will delete the comment and the notification.
How do I edit comments on TikTok?
- Click on Me.
Press on ….
Click on Confidentiality.
Tap Who can comment on your videos.
Choose a comment parameter.
However, How do I see my comments on TikTok?
- Find and watch a video.
Press the Comment button to the right of the video. …
The video comments screen will appear, where you will see the existing comments and a field to enter your comment.
- In fact, How do I reply to a comment on TikTok?To reply to a comment with a video on TikTok, all you have to do is: click on the comment you want to reply to. click the red “video” button to record the video response.
- Also, Where can I find my TikTok comments?
– Find and watch a video.
– Press the Comment button to the right of the video. …
– The video comments screen will appear, where you will see the existing comments and a field to enter your comment.
How to delete all his comments?
Find the comment in your history. Select More (Three horizontal dots icon) Select Delete.
How do I delete all my comments on TikTok?
– Long press on a comment or tap on the pencil icon at the top left to open an options window.
– Tap on Manage multiple comments.
– Select up to 100 comments.
– Press Delete. TikTok.
How do I see more comments on Facebook?
Click Page Settings at the bottom left of your Page. In General, click Comment Ranking. To enable the ranking of comments, select the Show most relevant comments by a default check box.
How to delete all your Facebook comments?
Scroll through your posts, select the ones you want to disappear, and tap Next or the trash can icon. Then choose Delete Posts and confirm by tapping Delete Posts again.
How to delete all your Instagram comments?
– Select the photo that contains the comments you want to delete. …
– Select View Comments. …
– In the upper right corner select the Menu key. …
– Select “Manage comments”.
How to make comments visible on Facebook?
If someone has written comment under one of your posts and you want to hide it, it is possible to do so by clicking on the three little dots (…) to the right of the comment by clicking on “Hide comment”.
Why are comments disabled on TikTok?
However, you might want to turn them off later for some reasons, such as users posting abusive comments, criticizing for no good reason, trying to promote their own videos, posting spam in the comments section, or posting irrelevant comments. , etc.
How do I pin a comment on TikTok?
– Locate the comment you want to pin. …
– Long press the comment and a pop-up window will appear.
– In the pop-up window, select Pin Comment.
How to empty your Facebook account?
Open Facebook on your computer and go to the Help menu by clicking on the triangle to the right of the padlock at the top of the blue menu. Type “Delete my account”, then go to “Permanently delete my account”, click on the “Let us know” link, enter your password and follow the instructions.
How do I delete all my comments on a Facebook group?
In the left menu, scroll to the group you want to delete, then click and select Delete your activity. Click Remove to confirm.
How to add a comment on TikTok?
– Access the video.
– Press on ….
– Enter a comment in the Add a comment field.
– Press Send.
How to delete all personal Facebook history?
– In the options at the top right, click on “Personal history” …
– In the drop-down menu on the left, click on “MORE” …
– Then click on “Search” (magnifying glass icon) …
– Finally, click on “Clear searches” to erase all your history.